You can allocate memory with a default of 2gb but keep 6gb in standby
(using the define storage cp command).
This way you can allocate more memory dynamically to guests based on alerts
or just by someone asking for more.
Most importantly this can be done without restarting your Linux.

Hope this helps.

Offer Baruch