Van: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> namens Scott Rohling
<scott.rohl...@gmail.com>
Verzonden: woensdag 6 april 2016 17:29
Aan: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: linux memory

​There should also be some criteria that acknowledges both the extra cost
and capability of z vs other platforms..   you shouldn't be handing out
Linux servers based on 'who offers more' - it should be based on business
need.​    Sizing everything exactly the same is a pretty simplistic method
of managing things..  I would question handing out 8G memory/swap to every
guest..    Based on what?   Actually sizing the workload and handing out
resources appropriately is what I'd want if it was my business and $ -
especially on z.

Scott Rohling.