Greetings Mark, I have found two methods that work for resizing the btrfs
"/" filesystem.
The two methods are to update /etc/fstab or update the kernel and then
update grub2.

I have a couple of questions.
1 - When I extend a xfs filesystem I do not need to update the kernel
or /etc/fstab.
2 - When I update the kernel I had to specify both disks.
      The IPL volume and the dasd the I use to extend the filesystem.
      I thought it odd that I had to specify the IPL volume.
     Is there a reason for this?  The 3120 address is the IPL volume.
Note: this is probably true for updating /etc/fstab but I did not try this
variation.

Method 1: Update /etc/fstab
cio_ignore -r 0.0.0604
chccwdev -e 0.0.0604
lsdasd - check dasd location
dasdfmt -b 4096 -f /dev/dasdb -p -y
fdasd -sa /dev/dasdb
Yast - make device persistent
reboot
btrfs device add /dev/dasda1 /
btrfs filesystem resize max /
Update /etc/fstab
UUID=b273239f-1943-4607-ad44-2e007624ee1b /   btrfs
device=/dev/dasda1,device=/dev/dasdb3 0 0
grub2-install

Method 2: Update the kernel.
cio_ignore -r 0.0.0604
chccwdev -e 0.0.0604
lsdasd - check dasd location
dasdfmt -b 4096 -f /dev/dasdb -p -y
fdasd -sa /dev/dasdb
Yast - make device persistent
reboot
btrfs device add /dev/dasda1 /
btrfs filesystem resize max /
Yast update kernel parameters - !0.0.0604,!0.0.3120 and dasd=0604,3120
grub2-install