issue.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using IBM Verse

On Mar 4, 2018, 10:43:02 AM, fl...@flint.com wrote:

From: fl...@flint.com
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Date: Mar 4, 2018, 10:43:02 AM
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Remote exec script

 Dear John,
 On Thu, 25 Jan 2018, John McKown wrote:
 > On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Rogério Soares
 > wrote:
 >
 >> There is any free option to execute execs or rexx scripts on remote
 >> systems? I dont want to use rexec option
 >>

 > ​What OS is the remote system? If an *IX, then the simplest (in my
 opinion)
 > is to run the SSH daemon on the remote system and use ssh on the local
 > system.
 >
 > ssh user@remote 'some-program arg1 arg2 ...'​

 Don Rogério,
 John McKown is exactly correct in the instance of most "IXen"
 implementations of ssh.  In many an addled session I myself have gone as
 far as first uploading the script I wished to run remotely via "scp", then
 "chmod"-ing it to "+x" in a subsequent ssh session, and running the
 result...
 This "ssh/scp" trick is currently of little use in VM, MVS or VSE...
 What is of use is the perverse ability to actually "punch" job cards on
 these systems via various options on the several implementations of FTP.
 Note that this could be considered part of a Remote Job Entry (RJE)
 implementation or subsystem, and is certainly worth looking into.
 As this is a Christian list, I am not even going to discuss IND$FILE

(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikipedia.org_wiki_IND-24FILE&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=XX3LPhXj6Fv4hkzdpbonTd1gcy88ea-vqLQGEWWoD4M&m=o6rpkJzLTWowTsWSnhwrvahB3N7uHHfdXGil1hjEY10&s=tlNGYoa3V8x9JOdUzV98B9JjzM8l8btbgdbFQJUsGrU&e=),
 or Kermit as my head would very
 likely explode, or I might spontaneously combust for my sins.
 I believe that one of the holy grails of zVM systems development is to
 develop a sane and secure RJE capability.
 I ardently hope that whatever in-accuracies occur in this answer are
 pointed out by the community, as this is a very good question.
 Kindest Regards,
 Paul Flint
 (802) 479-2360
 (802) 595-9365 Cell
 /************************************
 Based upon email reliability concerns,
 please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.
 Paul Flint, Director
 Barre Open Systems Institute
 17 Averill Street
 Barre, VT
 05641

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bosivt.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=XX3LPhXj6Fv4hkzdpbonTd1gcy88ea-vqLQGEWWoD4M&m=o6rpkJzLTWowTsWSnhwrvahB3N7uHHfdXGil1hjEY10&s=4uwN92sA-iEGh1j39anyjqlp-OrgDEjsCrJl2XStB8I&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__family.flint.com_flint&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=XX3LPhXj6Fv4hkzdpbonTd1gcy88ea-vqLQGEWWoD4M&m=o6rpkJzLTWowTsWSnhwrvahB3N7uHHfdXGil1hjEY10&s=kXXmjr4aoIs1PfS7UC1CHNUrGuoVMUU-t5-iyIx9JNY&e=
 Gplus: fl...@flint.con
 Skype: flintinfotech
 Work: (202) 537-0480
 Consilium                                       _
 gratuitum        .~.     ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 valet            /V\      against HTML e-mail   X
 quanti          /( )\     www.asciiribbon.org  / \
 numerantur      ^^-^^

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.marist.edu_htbin_wlvindex-3FLINUX-2D390&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=XX3LPhXj6Fv4hkzdpbonTd1gcy88ea-vqLQGEWWoD4M&m=o6rpkJzLTWowTsWSnhwrvahB3N7uHHfdXGil1hjEY10&s=M4VpucUjvS_F-cZJHpew_R6Iu5VZ3OI9j9Ga6VMztpI&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wiki.linuxvm.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=XX3LPhXj6Fv4hkzdpbonTd1gcy88ea-vqLQGEWWoD4M&m=o6rpkJzLTWowTsWSnhwrvahB3N7uHHfdXGil1hjEY10&s=DRFimunEwOf9qYJ4mlKsEIH52tD7A6JdTSjUbsvcjuY&e=