On 01/26/2018 03:37 AM, Rob van der Heij wrote:
>> Exactly Mauro... I want a way to run some execs on another ssi member...
>> Whithout need logon.. ssicmd  just execute cp commands...
> If you have a Linux guest on one of the members, you can issue some CP
> commands through the AT command with 'vmcp' though I personally would be
> reluctant to have Linux guests with extended privileges.

Right, if all you need are CP commands, then 'vmcp' and "AT" should do.

I'd be similarly reluctant to have Linux guests with extended
privileges, though it sounds like you're being selective about which
Linux guests are allowed to play here.

> For anything beyond that you'd probably have to set up a suitable
> infrastructure with a worker machine on each member. That can be done with
> an existing product like IBM Wave, IBM Operations Manager, or some
> creativity and elbow grease. Unless 'rexecd' fits your policy.

Following what Rob said, policy and all that, REXECD actually might work.
Isolate REXECD to a z/VM Guest LAN and allow selected Linux guests to
also access that guest LAN.

A guest LAN is substantially more secure than a physical LAN behind a
firewall. It's the only place I would use REXECD, but in that padded
cell I would have no qualms about using REXECD. You can then use Linux
'rexec' command to drive that worker CMS virtual machine.

-- R; <><