I did see the "no budget for buying" but I have a shameless product plug.
There is a very affordable, easy to use and vendor-supported product
available called zPRO from Velocity Software that will clone (you get an
exact copy), clone and personalize (exact copy with new network info, etc)
or kickstart (brand new build) Linux servers on z/VM. It has system
administration of the servers within a single LPAR, SSI cluster or across
your Enterprise and can easily be customized to fit your needs.

If you want to know more, let me know!

-- *James Vincent*
*-- Velocity Software, Inc.*

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390