On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Luke(boo) Farrar wrote:

> I'm sure you can help. Porting driver's etc. isn't nearly as hard as
> writing one from scratch.

Actually it's not that difficult to write one for scratch (at least for
any 8390 based cards).

> We have the socket stuff so my plan is to hack up a cut down version of
> the main Linux code.

If Alan says anything other than "start from scratch" I'll be surprised.
The Linux code is WAAAY too bloated to be of any real use, other than a
guide.

> I've made the functions in af_inet.c but they are all empty.

Oh, goodie.  My inet patch to libc might work now :)

> I was planning to work from recieving a packet upwards, unless anyone has
> any cunning thoughts on that one...

I'd suggest the easiest way, is to handle ICMP, UDP and TCP.. in that
order.  ICMP means you can tune/test your code simply with ping, and is
therefore much easier to debug (in my experience anyway).

Davey