On Sun, 9 May 1999, Alessio Morale wrote:

> Dan Olson wrote:
>
> > Well, I'm sure that your correct in that most Z80s only have <= 64k, but
> > there are some exceptions, such as the TRS-80 Model IV and the Commodore
> > 128 (as the name implies).
>
> But isn't a 65XX based computer the Commodore 128?

The C128 is a 6510 CPU.  There are 128k machines around though, such as
the Microbee.  The Z80 can't address > 64k though, as it only has 16
address lines, so it must do this with a trick called bank-switching.  I
know a guy who managed to do some software tricks to get his Z80 to
bank-switch across 2mb of RAM, so its not limited to only 2 banks, just a
little more magic.

Davey