On Tuesday, July 13, 1999 12:35 PM, Thomas Stewart [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
: I think it is a good idea to look into herc support for microwin? How many
: 8086's do you know with a VGA card? OR is it a bad idea are 8086's too slow
: to run microwin?
:
        Well - you've got a good point - an 8086 is probably *way* too slow
to run graphics programs of any merit.  However, I would like to add
a screen driver for hercules.  Is hercules only monochrome, or does
it support color?  Do you know how the screen memory is accessed?
Do you think you could write the driver?

: If anyone else is interested I have some specs and some assembler examples
: of how to control the herc card.

        Send me the asm examples, I'l take a look.  In particular,
examples in small model that read and write a pixel, and write a horz
and vertical line are all that's needed.

Greg
: