On Wednesday, July 14, 1999 10:50 AM, Thor Harald Johansen [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
: > : I had a friend who used a DOS based graphical desktop publishing program
: > : on his 8088 with a hercules graphics card, 640KB of RAM, and a 20MB hard
: > : disk, and it was snappier than MS Word on a Pentium.
:
: Let me guess. It was for GEM desktop! ;)
: --
: Thor`n
:
        GEM's the only thing that I can remember that pushed pixels in
those early days on herc....  You know, GEM's src is available, but I've
heard its **ugly**.  That's why I went with the nano-X group. Cause it's source
is semi-beautiful!

greg