There are some displays that take either serial or parallel (with a couple
of strobes) input - I have one sitting at home.
These could be used, but would be a little more expensive that the one
without the controller built in.

Personally I like the idea of helping a small industry like this start up...

The other option, of course, is our competitors over in the uClinux team -
but I think the dragonball might be too expensive.

What would the requirement for the processor/screen/memory be for this
project ???

Simon Wood