On Tuesday, September 28, 1999 6:25 PM, Gregory Leblanc
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
: Just thought I'd see if there was anybody here, since I'm brand new to this.
: I'm hoping to get ELKS on my Toshiba T1200 notebook (8086-10, 640K ram, dual
: 720K floppies) and use it as a serial console for all of my nifty serial
: devices (hubs, routers, sun boxen, etc.)  Anybody tried anything similar
: yet?

        Ah, the T1200.  I have one, and booted minix on it a while back,
I think I tried ELKS as well.  It booted and ran for awhile, until the damned
Toshiba auto-power-off mechanism kicked in.  then the screen went
blank, and I couldn't get anything to happen until a full system reset
followed by a reboot, then it repeated.

        We need to turn off the T1200 auto-power-off mechanism, but I don't have
a HW manual for the unit.

Greg