Linux-Advocacy Digest #514, Volume #25            Sun, 5 Mar 00 18:13:07 EST

Contents:
  Re: I can't stand this X anymore! (Donovan Rebbechi)
  Re: I can't stand this X anymore! (Donovan Rebbechi)
  Re: Salary? (Tim Hockin)
  Re: I can't stand this X anymore! (Donovan Rebbechi)
  Re: Salary? (Peter Morris)
  Re: Salary? (Donovan Rebbechi)
  Re: Salary? (Pat Podenski)
  Re: BSD & Linux (Emmanuel Dreyfus)
  Re: BSD & Linux (Staf Wagemakers)
  Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Phreaker/Hacker/Cracker [was: Re: Recent denial of service attacks] (Curly++)
  Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Giving up on NT (Joseph)
  Re: Fairness to Winvocates (was Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K) ("Chad Myers")
  Re: BSD & Linux (Vilmos Soti)
  Re: BSD & Linux (Donn Miller)
  Re: Windows 2000: Put A Fork In IT ("Gabriele Del Giovine")
  Re: Phreaker/Hacker/Cracker [was: Re: Recent denial of service attacks] (Arjan
Drieman)
  Re: Absolute failure of Linux dead ahead? (Wolfgang Weisselberg)
  Re: A Look on Open Source from the other side... (Wolfgang Weisselberg)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.linux.development.apps
Subject: Re: I can't stand this X anymore!
Date: 5 Mar 2000 20:56:22 GMT

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 23:52:12 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 23:39:25 GMT, Michael Gu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>X looks like crap no matter what you do to it. Installing pirated True-type
>fonts from Windows helps,

What do you mean by "pirated" ?

(*)     It's not that simple to define "pirated" when you talk about fonts.
        Most of the fonts that you get on those "zillion fonts" CDs are pirated
        in some sense

(*)     The "standard" Microsoft TrueType fonts are publically available from
        Microsoft.com

(*)     Most application software does not tell you that you can't use the
        fonts on more than one platform ( especially if it's the same
        computer ! )

In conclusion, there are much worse things you can do regarding fonts
( both legally and ethically ) than use licensed fonts on your Windows
platform on Linux.

Font antialiasing would be nice admittedly. However, there is more to
life than font smoothing.

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.linux.development.app
Date: 5 Mar 2000 20:58:41 GMT

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 03:56:44 GMT, Michael Gu wrote:
>if Steve Jobs think Microsoft Windows is 'absolutely tastless' , i
>really would like to know what kind of words will he be using regarding
>X windows, Motif or CDE.
>
>-- this is purely fiction:
>What do you want a big screen(more pixels) for?
>X windows: Bigger letters, of course!
>Windows: So you can see more letters at once.

I am not sure what you are trying to complain about. If you are complaining
that Netscape fonts look too small, quit whining and read my font howto

http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/font_howto/

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: Tim Hockin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Salary?
Date: 5 Mar 2000 21:00:16 GMT

In comp.os.linux.misc Peter Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: Having said that I'd guess that as you've left school and it's an
: admin job I'd go for about GB20K which would be about US$30K which
: works out at about ....oh dear, US$10.27/hr. Perhaps I have my sums
: wrong.

IT folk are underpaid in GB or overpaid in US :)  Starting admin job in CA
40-60k, depending on experience (maybe more for high-power jobs) and
depending on stock options/benefits.  less than 40 is crazy - especially in
California.

--
Tim Hockin
This program has been brought to you by the language C and the number F.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.linux.development.apps
Date: 5 Mar 2000 21:03:45 GMT

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 23:39:25 GMT, Michael Gu wrote:

>Consider such a senario, a application like to create a area of a size just
>to fit in certain text. And the application does not want a dynamic sized
>area, because the area is part of a pixel based layout. Now, if the
>application does not know the exact size of the font, how can it achieve such
>a goal. I have seen countless applications that either have a botton that
>does not have all characters displayed, or the botton is truncated because it
>exceeds the frame border and all sorts of bad displays.

What toolkit was the app written in ? Sounds like a combination of bad code
and a bad toolkit.

>Besides, the font on X windows are so bad, it wastes display resource. Why,
>because it need more pixels to achieve the same result.

Not clear on what you're talking about. Are you complaining about TrueType,
Type1 or bitmap fonts ? Your complaint doesn't make any sense.

Actually, the biggest problem with X fonts is they *don't use enough
resources* ie they insist on sticking to 1bpp rendering.

>So, I believe X need to include a basic set of font as part of its standard,
>if my speculation of the way it works is correct, otherwise, you will always
>see broken bottons, truncated texts, and ... frustrating users.

I think you're wrong -- the widgets should be able to help that, at least
partly. Using a loose grid style layout, the buttons should just expand
to swallow the available text.

Further, I'll say that hard coding in particular font choices, as you seem
to be suggesting is a stupid idea. Users should be able to set this kind
of thing.

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Morris)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:04:21 GMT

I suggest 2 things:
1. Charge what you think you're worth in that job. US$20/hr? US$40/hr?
What? If you feel quite happy getting US$15/hr and then find that
you're being undervalued in this position as everyone is earning more
than you, I expect you'd be a little miffed. Am I right? And yet you
were quite happy to accept the US$15/hr in the first place. People are
so greedy.
2. Don't they tell you what they're prepared to give you and then you
negotiate from there?

Having said that I'd guess that as you've left school and it's an
admin job I'd go for about GB£20K which would be about US$30K which
works out at about ....oh dear, US$10.27/hr. Perhaps I have my sums
wrong.

PAM.

__________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] __________

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: 5 Mar 2000 21:09:58 GMT

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:44:20 GMT, Peter Morris wrote:

>Having said that I'd guess that as you've left school and it's an
>admin job I'd go for about GB£20K which would be about US$30K which
>works out at about ....oh dear, US$10.27/hr. Perhaps I have my sums
>wrong.

You do. $10/hr * $40 hrs/ week * 50 weeks/yr = $20k.  Yeah, I only assumed
a 40hr week. If you're getting wages that you can beat by working in a
restaurant, you don't want to be working more than 40hrs a week.

You'll want $15/hr to get $30k/yr.

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: Pat Podenski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 13:44:19 -0800

Try going to www.dice.com and search on "system administration". This
will give you some idea of what people are willing to pay for
experienced sys admins.

--
Thanks,

Pat Podenski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

===========

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Emmanuel Dreyfus)
Crossposted-To:
comp.unix.bsd.386bsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc
Subject: Re: BSD & Linux
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:00:42 +0100

Philipp Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> there's also bsdi, which is just a commercial bsd.

And Darwin, which is another opensource BSD developped by Apple as a
core for its MacOS X OS.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Staf Wagemakers)
Crossposted-To:
Date: 5 Mar 2000 22:07:48 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Joe Siemens wrote:
>Mainly, the differences are that there is only one FreeBSD
>distribution, but there are way too fucking many Linux distros. I
>thought RedHat was for losers, because it does way too much
>hand-holding.  AND, RedHat usually dumps too much shit onto my HD.

It's maybe true that there is only one FreeBSD but there're 4 BSD
distributions (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, BSDi). There is only one "Debian",
"Red Hat"  or "Slackware" like there is only one "OpenBSD", "FreeBSD" or
"NetBSD".

>I went out to a ballpark one time, and I saw 2 teams, FreeBSD, and
>Linux.  Linux scored a touchdown early, but FreeBSD's offensive line
>wore down Linux' defense.  FreeBSD began to pile up a lot of yards on
>Linux.  Then, one of the FreeBSD linebackers sacked Linus Torvalds,
>the Linux QB, and took him out of the game.  FreeBSD won the game,
>38-20.  It was a blowout.

We aren't playing "football" or "ruby" and if we were playing both GNU/Linux
and Free BSD's are members of the same team, the Free software team.

BSD is using GNU C as his default C-compiler, GNU/Linux has "stolen" many
ideas and tools from BSD. A lot of GNU/Linux webservers are using Apache
distributed under the BSD License. Some people run GNOME or KDE on BSD.
Openssh runs on GNU/Linux. ...

Which one is the best? I think there is no clear answer.

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
homepage   : http://www.digibel.org/~staf

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:13:51 GMT

"Jim Richardson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >I don't see anything about an OS crash there.  I see what appears to be the
> >server part of a client/server app crashing, but no evidence of the OS going
> >down.
> >

> Did you read the bit where it says that all the consoles on the
> lan crashed?

Yeah, I still don't see anything about the OS crashing.

I can guarantee you that if an NT box BSODs, it doesn't take all the
clients with it.

What this sounds like is, the server-based app took a dump, and all the
client based apps took a dump with it.

I still don't see how this is NT's fault. The poorly-written app crahses,
but somehow this is NT's fault? Did NT crash? Dividing by zero does not
crash the whole OS (with NT and 2K at least). Perhaps if that driver
were deep in kernel mode and had an exception, it's POSSIBLE, but I seriously
doubt they were running their app as a kernel mode driver.

I mean, c'mon, this is beneath even Linvocates. Does any OS save an APP
from crashing when it doesn't properly handle a div by zero? No, the app
would crash, you'd restart it, and it'd be (hopefully) working again.
You should then fix the problem in your app, which they appearently did not.

This sounds like a disgruntled worker or one of those job-threatened Unix
admins that hates NT with a passion for no good reason other than his
job security (it's hard to teach an old Unix sysadmin new tricks) is speaking
his small mind and blaming everything on NT.

And, not suprisingly, all the linvocates are jumping on it.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Curly++)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.admin,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: Phreaker/Hacker/Cracker [was: Re: Recent denial of service attacks]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:07:02 -0500

On 01 Mar 2000, pac4854 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Hacking" didn't used to be exclusively a computer term.  I

> Might wanna look at
>
>       http://www.jargon.org
>
> for the etymologies of these terms.

I'm glad someone mentioned etymology!  :-)

I've really enjoyed this thread, but I have to say that I don't
think "hacker" means today what it meant back in the 60's when
I was tickled pink to hear someone call *me* a hacker.  I wasn't
that good with a soldering iron then, but I sure was happy to
have someone think so.

If a language is in use, then it's words change.  This word has
gone over to the dark side and there's no way to bring it back.
I first debated the meaning of "hacker" back in the mid
seventies, when I *was* good with a soldering iron, but I soon
found that I didn't want to be called a "hacker".  By then, I
think more people knew the dark meaning than knew the b'right
one.

--
Oisin  "Curly++"  Curtin                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Surface Liaison, Minetown Digger                    Send no SPAM.

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:17:13 GMT

"George Marengo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2000 19:06:06 GMT, "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >And of those bugs that Microsoft knows exists, this calendar business
> >was one of the immediate bugs they had to fix.
> >
> >Does that tell you anything? (It should tell you that those 20+K bugs are
> >so minor and irrelevant that the general popualtion, and even special
> >users will probably never see them).
>
> Quota limits can be bypassed is another. Create as many 0 byte
> files as you'd like --- the quota limit won't stop you. Now you simply
> append bytes (736 max) to the existing 0 byte files and use up all the
> disk space.

Yeah, this one will have to be dealt with, but it's unlikely that
someone on the local LAN will start doing things like this.

It's not a remoteable exploit of any kind.

> While the window of opportunity is admittedly small, during the
> installation process anyone can connect to the ADMIN$ share
> as ADMINISTRATOR and no password is required. The vulnerability
> exists until the you've entered a password for the Administrator
> account AND you've rebooted.

Yes, this is another "problem" to be dealt with.

However, there's only a very small period of time for this to happen.
Also, there's not much they could do during this time, they would
have to have local LAN access to the machine, and most (wise) admins
set up servers disconnected from the LAN, or at least connected to a
seperated LAN.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 14:22:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Giving up on NT

On 3-5-00, 5:20:15 PM, "Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding Re: =

Giving up on NT:

> "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > NT shouldn't need 64mb of ram to run "properly". No OS can justify=20=

such
> > needs.

> Why?  An OS with lots of features will require more RAM.  If you want =

to be
> stuck in the 1990's, run a IBM PC with 640K of RAM... DOS didn't take =

much
> memory at all and booted quite fast... of course, with very limited
> capabilities.

> Someday, when our OSes require gigabytes of memory... we will look=20=

back and
> laugh at what you just said :)

You made a "red herring" argument.  The day OSs require gigabytes MS's=20=

Windows will require terabytes.  Patters of resource abuse never=20
change.

Sadly for the NT advocate Windows2000 resource demands do not map to=20=

more features but to achieving greater OS stability and supporting a=20=

unique approach to computing.  Shoving a lot of unneeded overhead and=20=

crap on to customers so a vendor can maintain a one size-fits-all=20
product is an artifact of a monopoly.  It maximizes vendor profit at=20=

the expense of the customer. =20

Like OS/2 and BeOS, BSD and LINUX are modularized whereas Windows2000=20=

is a monopoly's hair ball.  Poor MS swears they cannot even separate=20=

the browser from the OS without breaking the OS.  LINUX is used for=20
TVIO's "digital VCR" and it's a server OS. BSD is the technology used=20=

in Liberates TVNavigator.  Modular technologies are efficient to=20
deploy and adapt.  MS's Windows2000 is a hairball OS so as to help MS=20=

justify their leveraging of OS monopoly to capture new markets. =20
Technologically inferior, it is a monopolists approach. =20

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Fairness to Winvocates (was Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:25:03 GMT

"George Marengo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >The TCP/IP stack on those boxes is almost entirely handwritten at current.
>
> I'm unaware of any TCP/IP stack that isn't almost entirely
> handwritten. Do you know of ones that were written by some
> other means? Robots, maybe?

What I mean is that the previous Hotmail owners and, more later,
Microsoft has had to make significant modifications to the
stack on the hotmail boxes.

> If what you really mean is that it was re-written and is almost
> entirely new/different from the one originally supplied by the
> OS vendor... do you have a cite for that claim?

I don't handy, but it's common knowledge. There were several threads
about 2 or 3 months ago when this debate was active then documenting
these claims.

I don't believe there's any indepth discussion on it, but it's
commonly known that there have been major revisions.

Here's a start:
http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/web/news/msnw/Hotmail.asp

> >Hey! Free is good! But if you want quality...
>
> By implication... here's some of the stuff MS gives away for free or
> were included for free in various products:
>
> Internet Explorer
> Media Player
> PowerToys

However, these are limited applications that are distributed with
an OS.  Internet Explorer and the NT kernel (or the Linux kernel) for
that matter are very differnt beasts.

> Oh, you meant free OS's?
>
> MS gave away NT with purchase of Visual C++ Pro
> MS gave away NT with purchase of Visual Basic Pro
> (that's how I got NT -- for free)

Specials and promotions are not the same. When a Fortune 500 company
goes to make a decision for their web server and needs to make the
"right" choice for them, they don't make decisions about $500, they
make decisions about what's BEST. Cost is of little importance to them,
when the face of their company is involved, at least.

This is why there is a huge adoption of NT and now 2K for web and
application services on the Internet.

-Chad

From: Vilmos Soti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:26:12 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (William Burrow) writes:

> Must be a slam, because I would doubt anyone would set out to actually
> write an OS because they needed it for school.

Didn't Linus just wanted to learn about the task switching feature of
the 386 chip And ended up with Linux?

Vilmos

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 17:29:50 -0500
From: Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:

Staf Wagemakers wrote:

> We aren't playing "football" or "ruby" and if we were playing both GNU/Linux
> and Free BSD's are members of the same team, the Free software team.

Actually, I think you're talking about the all-star game. :]  Really,
though, think of the free software team as the NFL.  FreeBSD, NetBSD,
OpenBSD, and BSDI all compete in the BSD division.  The various Linux
distros compete in the "Linux"/GNU division.  So, yes, we still
compete with each other.  Or, you could take a more global look and
group the OSS OSes (BSD and Linux together) into one division.  In
another division, you'd have what I'd call "quasi-free software",
which would be Solaris, BSDI, and SCO.  I'd call them quasi free,
because those OSen are free, but with some strings attached, to
certain people, but commercial otherwise.  In another division, you've
got Microsoft.  Well, I guess you could include BeOS in the quasi-free
division also, because it will be free for download for personal
evaluation.  (I wish Be would allow for ftp installs for us cable
modem and T1 folk.  I don't have a CD RW, so I can't really do
anything with the ISOs.)

Note that Solaris isn't open source in the sense that BSD and Linux
are, because you can't distribute the source code.  (It has to stay on
your machine.)

> BSD is using GNU C as his default C-compiler, GNU/Linux has "stolen" many
> ideas and tools from BSD. A lot of GNU/Linux webservers are using Apache
> distributed under the BSD License. Some people run GNOME or KDE on BSD.
> Openssh runs on GNU/Linux. ...
>
> Which one is the best? I think there is no clear answer.

It depends on whether you're looking at the big picture or the smaller
picture.  In the big picture, BSD and Linux are all on the same team.
But, up close, we all compete with one another to some extent,
depending on how "close" you're viewing these OSes.  I agree that we
should borrow some ideas from each other, but without compromising our
distinct identities.

On the FreeBSD-current mailing list, I noticed Allen Cox lurks there
some times.  It was pretty interesting watching him debate kernel
stuff, from a Linux kernel developer standpoint, with the FreeBSD
kernel developers.  I'd like to see more of that.  If you're a FreeBSD
developer, it would be instructive to "listen in" on some of the Linux
development lists.  Why not?  It's not eavesdropping.

Microsoft is at a disadvantage, because they have to be so careful
about guarding the Windows source code.  They have done a pretty good
job keeping that a secret, IMO.  Us FreeBSD and Linux guys have no
worries, because our work is an open book;  we have nothing to hide.
Microsoft, OTOH, does have to worry constantly about the source code
leaking out.  They have to spend most of their time watching their
backs, which has to be somewhat of a distraction.

Anyone see the DOS/Windows or Windows NT source code?  I thought so.

- Donn

------------------------------

From: "Gabriele Del Giovine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000: Put A Fork In IT
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:22:50 +0100

mr_rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Simple.  Create a CGI program that allocates dynamic memory
> which terminates without freeing the memory.
Mr Rupert, do you really know like IIS works? I believe not.

Bye.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arjan Drieman)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux
Date: 5 Mar 2000 22:36:02 GMT

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:07:02 -0500, Curly++
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If a language is in use, then it's words change.  This word has
>gone over to the dark side and there's no way to bring it back.
>I first debated the meaning of "hacker" back in the mid
>seventies, when I *was* good with a soldering iron, but I soon
>found that I didn't want to be called a "hacker".  By then, I
>think more people knew the dark meaning than knew the b'right
>one.

You are right of course, if you say that language "lives" and the
meaning of words changes.  This does not mean, however, that we
have to agree or confirm :)

Arjan
--
Pussy: My name is Pussy Galore.
Bond: I must be dreaming!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wolfgang Weisselberg)
Subject: Re: Absolute failure of Linux dead ahead?
Date: 5 Mar 2000 22:38:35 GMT

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000 18:12:23 GMT,
        Navindra Umanee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And for the user:

> [sandbox@asimov] [/tmp] wget ftp://micq.chatzone.org/pub/micq/V0.4.3/micq-i386-linux
[...]
> [sandbox@asimov] [/tmp] ldd micq-i386-linux
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40017000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
> [sandbox@asimov] [/tmp] ./micq-i386-linux
> Segmentation fault
> Exit 139

And in as far does that constitute a proof for a library problem
instead of a proof for shoddy coding which happens to work
sometimes under some libraries?  There are binary packages out
there that manage ...

> All of this makes the TCO(MT) of Linux boxes significantly higher.

man source_code

-Wolfgang

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wolfgang Weisselberg)
Subject: Re: A Look on Open Source from the other side...
Date: 5 Mar 2000 22:42:19 GMT

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000 19:59:34 -0800,
        Clark Pacheco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well this is an interesting view on open source from the other side of the
> fence....
> http://www.devshed.com/Talk/BrainDump/OS_YNot/

> Here's some high lights...

> But they're looking at it from the wrong point of view. Open Source has
> significant drawbacks for commercial software vendors, because at the lowest
> level it virtually guarantees easy piracy of the product.

One who does not understand that you cannot steal what has been
given to you.  Terminal misunderstanding of Open Source detected,
quality of rest of text assumed to be zero, nada, zilch.

-Wolfgang