From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christopher Browne)
Subject: Re: Linux vendors
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:11:57 GMT

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Craig Kelley would say:
>mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> What is the market space for Linux distro vendors?
>> Will they die out until one or two dominant vendors survive?
>
>It'll probably take that form; just like the console market; the
>"Higlander axiom" applies:  There can be only a few.

TurboLinux seemed to me to have the weakest business case, at least as
far as "desktop deployment" went.  Unless you were looking to their
clustering code, to build a big web server, there seems to be little
to distinguish TL from RHAT, Mandrake, and SuSE, at least for the
purposes of the _US_ market.

>> Will all the "for profit" distributions fade away and be left with
>> the debians.
>
>Doubtful.  Look at all the value-added benefits that Mandrake, RedHat,
>Suse and Caldera add.  Debian is always a generation behind on their
>software with the stable version.

What is more realistic is for there to be Debian + "Value Add."

As with Corel + Storm's releases.

>> We all know SGI is going Linux, will SGI's eventual Linux version
>> be the dominant one?
>
>Doubtful as well.  SGI is skating on thin ice; it almost seems like
>their giving away all their software to Linux as a last-ditch effort
>to either save them selves or to spite Microsoft.  Hopefully SGI will
>survive, but IBM is now involved:

>> This may come as a surprise, but IBM is getting seriously into Linux as
>> well.
>> http://www.upside.com/Open_Season/39344b490.html
>
>This is the killer.  Suits really love IBM.  They *really* *really*
>*really* love IBM.  Once people see that they can run Linux on
>everything from a palm-top all the way up to an s/390, I believe it
>will gather more market penetration.  Microsoft has been trying to
>enter the low-end market with CE (and Windows for Pen Computing, if
>anyone remembers that awful product), but has failed every time.  They
>haven't even attempted to get the big iron market yet.
>
>So far, IBM has been genuinely involved in the open source movement;
>we just have to be careful that they don't coopt it somehow.

Note that Linux could restore some life to PPC; IBM invested a _lot_
of money in that, and it _never_ made the "desktop impact" that was
hoped for; this was part of the massive failure of the Workplace OS
effort.

The relative credibility of Linux, along with the _relative_ ease of
porting Linux IA-32 apps to PPC, at least compared to any Win32
equivalents, could make this an interesting route for IBM to snatch
some degree of success out of what has been a (not heavily publicized,
of late) ENORMOUS failure.

>> Perhaps RedHat does not have its business model figured out yet, but I
>> think it should be able to sustain itself.
>
>No doubt.

It may not wind up with a business model that turns it into a multi
gazillion dollar enterprise; it may wind up with more modest results.
But at some "level of modesty," it doubtless remains viable.

>> The debacle with the NDA and the corporate posturing has hurt corel, can
>> they rebuild good will in the Linux community? Has anyone seen Corel
>> Office for Linux? Is it any good?
>
>Corel Office is horrible, but it is also just a 1.0 product.  If they
>survive, it will get better and better.

I have yet to use it; I'm inclined to wait 'til there's another
release.  The Paradox release is what is particularly interesting...

>> Caldera, does anyone use them?
>
>Many ex-Novell people use it.  It is a very stable and mature
>distribution.

They've got some good people, and the term "mature" does apply fairly
well.

>> It will be an interesting next couple years. I think there will only be
>> one or two major vendors left, all the others will fold up shop and/or
>> be bought by the survivors.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
>Probably 3-4 core distributors with dozens of fringe distributions
>(some commercial, but mostly hobby).

I would expect there to be two of [Mandrake, RHAT, SuSE, TurboLinux,
Caldera] that would persist; Debian will certainly persist, and I
would expect one of [Storm|Corel] to persist.

Of course, there _is_ room for there to be additional distributions
that exist for special purposes.  For instance, TurboLinux's web
server "suite" could persist as a small volume, higher price,
perhaps-primarily-sold-via-support, package.
--
If all those  psychics know the winning lottery  numbers, why are they
all still working?

------------------------------

From: "David D. Huff Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Canada invites Microsoft north
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:12:35 GMT

No, no Bob US citizens on the border commute freely.

------------------------------

From: Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The sad Linux story
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:18:04 GMT

Gary Hallock wrote:

> ccghst wrote:
>
> > Anyone else notice this little thing?
> >
> > Type DIR /? in DOS or Windows.
> >
> > Line one is "Displays a list of files and subdirectories
> > in a directory."
> >
> > Followed by: "DIR [drive:][path][filename] [/P] [/W] [/D]
> > [/A[[:]attributes]] [/O[[:]sortorder]] [/T[[:]timefield]] [/S]
> > [/B] [/L] [/N] [/X] [/C]"
> >
> > And then it lists what all the parameters do.
> >
> > Type ls -? in Unix:
> >
> > Line one is something like:
> > "Usage: ls [-1?acrstuxzCFL] [path|file|pattern].

Just do "man ls" and you'll get a shotload of info.
Sheesh.

------------------------------

From: "Brad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.be.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: OSWars 2000 at www.stardock.com
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:18:42 GMT

"rj friedman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 03:08:14 "Brad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> ¯Do you seriously think that the reason why I and basically every remotely
> ¯knowledgeable person out there considers that there are "Few" OS/2 users
out
> ¯there strictly because a particular OS/2 ISV (in this case Stardock's)
> ¯software no longer sell in large quantity?
>
> I seriously KNOW that the reason YOU contend that there are
> only 3000 - 5000 OS/2 users out there is because STARDOCK's
> lineup of OS/2 products no longer sell in large quantity.
> How do I know that. Because that's exactly what you have
> written.
>
> I also seriously think that you do "every remotely
> knowledgeable person out there" a disservice by including
> yourself in that number.

I don't mean this to be an insult but I don't really think your view on
technical things is really worthy of consideration.  Most of your posts I've
read seem to be some sort of obsession with calling people a "rat" which I
find, frankly, a little bit bizarre.

But as for how many active OS/2 desktop users there are 3000 to 5000 seems
reasonable.  But let's say I'm off, let's say there are 10,000 which I think
is very unlikely, that's still very low.  How many desktop users of OS/2 do
you think there are?  I.e. people using OS/2 to do word processing, surf the
web, and whatever else a desktop user of an OS would do.  How many do you
think there are?

You do what remains of the OS/2 community a disservice by behaving like such
a rabid nutcase.  Most OS/2 users are nice normal people.  You ask the
average PC user out there and they've never heard of OS/2.  They have heard
of Macintosh and they have heard of Linux and of course Windows.

I am not even sure what your contention is, so put it on the table.  You say
OS/2 is doing "fine" on the desktop.  Okay, define "fine".  How many users
do you think right this moment are using OS/2 as their primary desktop OS?

Brad

From: "Brad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:18:42 GMT

"Marty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Pascal Haakmat wrote:
> >
> > rj friedman wrote:
> >
> > >The RAT is so thrilled with its having been conditioned to
> > >learn how to type, it simply has to squeak up for the sake
> > >of squealing.
> > >
> > >Poor RAT, it must feel that it isn't getting enough
> > >attention and praise for having been conditioned to type, so
> > >it resorts to demanding attention in bizarre ways.
> >
> > Can I be your enemy too? You make it seem like a lot of fun.
>
> You sure you know what you're getting into, Pascal?  RJ might feel the
need to
> discipline you too by making a jackass out of himself every time you
respond,
> until you break down out of pity for him.  I've been taking quite a bit of
> punishment from him in this way, but you might not be equipped to handle
it
> yet.

I just assumed that RJ has a rat fetish or something.  Clearly there's a guy
not flying on all thrusters.

Brad

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Whilst at the store!
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:13:47 GMT

> pac4854 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Why not just tell it like it is?
>
>  Because we already have a clue?
>
> >Microsoft broke the law, and lawbreakers get punished.
>
> And appropriate punishement is determined by the court,
> not every violation is a hanging offense.
> Furthermore, if it seemed like the Court/DOJ was out to
> unduly punish Microsoft, that would be fair grounds for
> an appeal.
>
> > Might be more interesting if Microsoft
> >was an Indonesian corporation, Bill could get the whip.  Darn.
>
> If MS was an Indonesian corp, Bill would either own half the
> country, or be related to the heads of the ruling party.

LOL!  But I personally see the DOJ proposal as a remedy, not as a
punishment.  I also think the DOJ was being kind to Microsoft by
prosecuting as they did, when they could have gone after Microsoft as a
corrupt and racketeering influenced corporation.  Those guys at Redmond
make the Teamsters union of the fifties look tame by comparison.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It?
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:24:20 GMT

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:22:12 -0400, Oliver Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The example I used most is implementing a Complex class to represents
>complex numbers.  If you have used variables "x" and "y" to represent
>x+yi and simply exposed them, imagine how much changes you need to
>convert to polar form

Yes, but in that sort of case you have a lot of other things going on in
the class.  It isn't _just_ accessors.

But, I'll quit defending my example now.  I've got beat up enough to
convince me that it was a poor one.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:25:41 -0400
From: sandrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How Pete Goodwin Can Fix "The sad Linux story"

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark S. Bilk) wrote in
> <8h6tau$5fp$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >So is the amount of griping you've been doing.  But don't
> >get insulted and stop reading -- I have some positive
> >suggestions!
>
> Impractial suggestions. I could spend the rest of my life doing what you
> suggest and it would never be finished. It would be easier if the
> developers did it themselves, of course.

Like I told you before, and I`ll say it again what you say
pegs my Bullshit Meter.

I looks like all you want is for someone to do everything for you.
Yep, just sit on your ass, do nothing and wait and make excuses.

The Open Source Developers owe nothing to anyone.  They do as they
please.

They didn`t ask you to use their code etc.  Open Source says here is
our code, here is our system, use it if you like.  You ought to thank
them
for what they have done.

And yes, before you bitch at me, I am a Public Domain software developer
as
well as a Beta tester.  Bite Me.

--
"You can open self extracting archives using PKZIP25.EXE
  or unrar" - censored by Microsoft."

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:23:16 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine) wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Pete Goodwin <pgoodw@REMOVE-TO-
REPLY.netcomuk.co.uk>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >The level of inconsistancy and mess we have with Linux today is
incredible.

> This is very debatable.

It is not debatable to informed consumers. In Linux, the following keys
are used for keybindings for Page Up and down:

Program                        Up              Down
EMACS                          ALT-V           CTRL-V
VI                             CTRL-B          CTRL-F
SLRN (headers mode)            CTRL-U          CTRL-D
SLRN (message mode)            B               SPACE
PINE/PICO (editor)             CTRL-Y          CTRL-V
PINE (headers mode)            -               SPACE
ELM (headers mode)             - or LEFT       + or RIGHT
ELM message                    (not possible)  SPACE
MORE                           B or CRTL-B     SPACE or Z
LESS                           W, B, CTRL-B,   Z, F, CTRL-F, CTRL-V
                               or ALT-V        or SPACE
INFO                           BACKSPACE (!)   SPACE

To contrast, in the more serious systems (i.e. VMS), all programs use
Page Up and Page Down. You see, most users are not interested in
learning what key the program du jour uses for the most basic
navigation commands, but in getting work done. That's why the users are
more productive under the more serious systems, while Linux is a
nightmare for users who hope to be productive.

> I will admit DCL is highly capable, though, having used it back in my
> VMS 3.7 days.

If you haven't used VMS since 3.7 you are completely unqualified to
comment on it. Pretending to be an authority on VMS because you used it
20 years ago, would be like claiming to be an authority on the
microarchitecture of the Pentium III Xeon because you did a little 8086
assembly programming.

> As for memorability -- Unix wins hands down for crypticness:
> cp -r a b as opposed to something like COPY /RECURSIVE [A] TO [B]
> (or was it COPY [A...] [B]?  I forget now...); rm -rf / as opposed
> to DELETE [*...]*.*;* (neither one of these is a recommended
operation!);
> mv x y as opposed to RENAME X Y (well, that one's not too bad).

Do you really think "cp -r" is less cryptic to an English speaker
for "copy recursively" than "COPY /RECURSIVE" is? Please explain.

And, no, that is not the correct command to delete a directory
recursively; your ignorance of VMS is appalling.

> Unix's crypticness could be an advantage for a touch typist

But VMS has built-in abbreviations. Don't want to
type "COPY /RECURSIVE"? Good for you. Type "CO /R" or even "co /r".

> -- and I for one would think that our minds like to work with
> words

Indeed people would like to work with words. "COPY" is a
word. "RECURSIVE" is a word. "cp" is not a word. "-r" is not a word.

> 'ls' is a word ('ell-ess' or 'liz'); 'cp' is a word ('see-pee');
> 'rm' ('arr-emm', or perhaps 'rim' or 'erm') is a word. One might
> envision Unix as a foreign language that has to be learned,
> after all;

This is completely non-insightful.

> You completely forgot info and /usr/doc, which is yet another reason
I'm
> not horribly happy about Unix's (and Linux's) help system.  But it's
> not quite as bad as it appears; once one knows where to look, one can
> probably find quite a bit of help ('man' being a good place to
> start :-) ), and in any event, Linux is primarily a text-based system
> anyway which means hyperlinks are a pretty (and pretty silly)
> add-on.  (

Your ignorance is absolutely incredible. You are telling a VMS user (a
system which had online, text-based, hyperlinkd help over 20 years ago)
that Linux cannot have the same because it is text based? Please
explain your rationalize. Obviously, the Linux programmers are less
innovative and talented than their counterparts at DEC, but are they
really THAT bad?

> On the other hand, if someone were to bother converting
> the manpages to HTML, there'd probably be a ready market, especially
> since lynx [*] is a cheap text browser that can handle hyperlinks
without
> difficulty.  Of course, it would take a competent writer, lots
> of manpages, and a lot of time.  Or maybe not; one could conceivably
> write a groff2sgml converter...)

Of course, most users are not interested in excuses or speculation
about when Linux will finally catch up with what the more serious
systems had 20 years ago. They just want the work done.

> In the long run, it may matter little; everyone will probably go out
> to the Web.

The format of the documentation -- which is the only issue Linux
zealots like yourself see -- is not the issue with Linux documentation.
The issue is the quality. Most Linux documentation is written by
programmers, who do not know how to write. 100% of VMS documentation is
written by professional technical writers who are specifically trained
in the art. Linux consistency with software is appaling, but
consistency with Linux documentation is offensive. Unlike DEC who has a
specialized, well thought-out format for every type of document, Linux
documentation is a hodge-podge of whatever somebody felt like writing.
Usually it is wrong or outdated. Red Splat 6 ships which the ELF-HOWTO,
which was written in the 1.1.52 era, and documents how to convert your
system to ELF. Excuse me?

> You also forgot to mention the cut-past controversy.  Mind you,
> part of this has to do with the two-mouse-button issue (thanks,
> Microsoft and Apple!  I prefer three-button mice!  Grrr...) and the
> fact that no one ever bothered to properly implement converters from,
> say, the STRING atom to a POSTSCRIPT atom, or an HTML atom to
> a STRING atom.  [+]

Windows may have been the worst thing to happen to computers since
Linux, but it has no problems doing the above. If I select text from a
web page and cut it into a word document, the attributes (bold, italic,
font, underline, bullets, etc.) are preserved. Unfortunately, VMS's GUI
is based on Unix "technology" so it doesn't have this feature, but,
then, neither does Linux.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Timothy Murphy)
Subject: Re: Linux+Java, the best combination of techologies
Date: 3 Jun 2000 03:30:30 +0100

Brian Langenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>The quickest & easiest way would be from an RPM file, which IBM
>provides for their JDK.  You can get this at:

>http://www.ibm.com/java/jdk/118/linux/

>but the latest version (AFAIK) is 1.1.8.  Still, this is a very good
>version.

Actually, IBM has had a 1.3 jdk for Linux for some time now.
It is very good, in my experience.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Otto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:31:38 GMT

"JFW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

: Actually, that potential (moving MS to Canada) in and of itself
: represents so nasty a threat to the Federal gov't, that any cost MS
: might incur pales in comparison.

Besides the fact that Microsoft can afford such a cost and the federal
government can't, you have a very valid point. Although MS better off moving
to Mexico.

:
: Think trade balance and import/export numbers.  MS, unlike a lot of
: the hype-capitalized software companies, represents a VAST revenue
: stream.  It'd have serious impacts on US import/export numbers, it'd
: seriously hurt most US technology companies, and it would put US
: government procurement into a nasty position of relying on a non-US
: company for a vast amount of their infrastructure.  We're talking
: about a governemt which spends billions routinely ensuring that it has
: domestic supercomputer suppliers for the few it buys each couple of
: years.  Wanna theorize what it'd pay or do to keep it's entire office
: infrastructure from becoming a foreign import?

Although there are alternative OSs available, it would take years to replace
MS products. Never mind how long it would take to replace the "MS software
users"....

:
: MS is getting the sense that this isn't goint to work out their way,
: and they're starting to take off the gloves.  I don't fault em for it.
: It's only rational they fight every way they can.

However dirty that fight might seems, it is justified in my mind also. Let's
see if the government will influence the judge's final decision.

Otto

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christopher Browne)
Subject: Re: The Linux Fortress
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 02:31:47 GMT

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Colin R. Day would say:
>Pete Goodwin wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pete Goodwin) wrote in
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> On the subject of Samba configuration, here's another thought along the
>> lines of 'ease of use' and the way KDE lags behind Windows.
>
>Use linuxconf. It's a gnome app, but it works in KDE.

A _GNOME_ app?!?  A _GNOME_ app?

According to ldd, linuxconf is dependent on the following set of
libraries:

libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x4001b000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40059000)
libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x4005d000)
libgd.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgd.so.1 (0x4008a000)
libpng.so.2 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.2 (0x400ba000)
libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x400e1000)
libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 (0x400f0000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40135000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40152000)
libttf.so.2 => /usr/lib/libttf.so.2 (0x4022f000)

Note that nothing involving the names "gnome" or "gtk" or "gdk" ever
enter that list.

In comparison, a not-atypical GNOME app, /usr/bin/panel, depends on:

libpanel_applet.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpanel_applet.so.0 (0x4001b000)
libORBitCosNaming.so.0 => /usr/lib/libORBitCosNaming.so.0 (0x4002d000)
libORBit.so.0 => /usr/lib/libORBit.so.0 (0x40036000)
libIIOP.so.0 => /usr/lib/libIIOP.so.0 (0x40079000)
libORBitutil.so.0 => /usr/lib/libORBitutil.so.0 (0x40082000)
libglib-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0 (0x40084000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x400a6000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x400c3000)
libgnorba.so.27 => /usr/lib/libgnorba.so.27 (0x400c7000)
libgnomeui.so.32 => /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32 (0x400d3000)
libart_lgpl.so.2 => /usr/lib/libart_lgpl.so.2 (0x401a4000)
libgdk_imlib.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1 (0x401b2000)
libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x401e0000)
libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x401e9000)
libgtk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0 (0x401ff000)
libgdk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0 (0x40324000)
libgmodule-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.0 (0x40359000)
libXi.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6 (0x4035c000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x40364000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40370000)
libgnome.so.32 => /usr/lib/libgnome.so.32 (0x40411000)
libgnomesupport.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgnomesupport.so.0 (0x40428000)
libesd.so.0 => /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 (0x4042e000)
libaudiofile.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so.0 (0x40435000)
libdb.so.3 => /lib/libdb.so.3 (0x40448000)
libgdk_pixbuf.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2 (0x40483000)
libtiff.so.3 => /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 (0x40491000)
libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0x404d3000)
libpng.so.2 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.2 (0x404f4000)
libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x4051b000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4052a000)

I detect a certain amount of difference between these...

linuxconf depends on absolutely none of the GNOME or GTK libraries.
It's distinctly _not_ part of the GNOME project.

>> How do you configure a share with Samba. You edit the smb.conf file.
>>
>> How do you configure a share with Windows. Here's one way - right click on
>> the directory, select Sharing... and pick the settings you want. This way
>> is much more intuitive. Is KDE's kfm going to offer functionality like
>> this, or is the KDE desktop going to remain in the depths of the past and
>> still rely on config files?

Strangely, many things remain "in the depths of the past."

--> After hundreds of years, we still use wire to transfer electricity from
    one place to another.

--> After thousands of years, we still use wheels to roll objects along
    roads from one place to another.

--> After thousands of years, we still cook food over fires (albeit with
    some entertaining new sorts of heat sources)

I'm quite _HAPPY_ to see systems remain affixed firmly in using some of the
_stable things_ that have been dredged out of the depths of the past.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html>
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.