Linux-Advocacy Digest #667, Volume #28           Sun, 27 Aug 00 00:13:04 EDT

Contents:
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It? (Joe Ragosta)
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) (Joe
Ragosta)
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) (ZnU)
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) ("Aaron R.
Kulkis")
  Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...) (ZnU)
  Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It? (Bob Hauck)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:24:20 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Eric Bennett wrote:

> > > Allow me to predict his response: "This just shows that you're
> > > afraid to speak your convictions."
> >
> > Dear Asshole...
> >
> > Do I go around making up quotes and wrongfully attributing them to
> > you?
> > A) Yes
> > B) NO
> >
> > Now, shut up until you can at least pretend to be honest.
>
> "I'd rather see them [the children of mothers on welfare] starve to
> death before they start doing damage."

4 decades of data shows that keeping them alive only allows them
to do damage.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:25:37 -0400

Courageous wrote:

> > > In fact, I do. But this is neither here nor there. As a progressive
> > > Libertarian, it truly pains me to see people like you associated with
> > > Libertarianism. There's virtually no chance of making political
> > > progress with publicate advocates like you, who don't blink at
> > > loudly esposing they'd like to see children die, and not considering
> > > for one moment the sensibilities of such statements vice the sensitivities
> > > of their audience. It's almost as if your political views are etherically
> > > connected to some delusional fantasy that you will one day be Dictator
> > > of America, and the opinions of those you rule therefore won't matter,
> > > because you'll just lay down the legal system you desire in some
> > > crazy fascist temper tantrum of absolute power.
> > >
> > > This isn't going to happen, Aaron. You are a fool. You are three
> > > times over a fool.
>
> > I'll put it this way...
>
> [snip--Aaron dodging the subject]
>
> Did what I write sting you so much you had to avoid it?
>
> C//

I didn't dodage anything.

What part of
"YOUR kids are not OUR responsibility, they are YOUR responsiblity"
do you not understand?

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Joe Ragosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It?
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:32:38 GMT

> Said Joe Ragosta in comp.os.linux.advocacy;
>    [...]
> >But, again, T. Max is arguing that charging a lot of money is prima
> >facie evidence of guilt.
>
> Where?  I never claimed any such thing.

Sure you did--over and over.

You claimed that if my profits where too high, I should be given a civil
injunction.

>    [...]
> >>    It's quite possible that your example company takes advantage of the
> >>    lack of replaceability in a particular market.
> >
> >Nope. Merely greater perceived value. Competitive products could easily
> >be swapped in. Our customers choose not to do so.
>
> If your marketing, rather than your competitive merit, is responsible
> for that perception, you have committed a crime.

What crime? Please be specific.

You sound less and less informed about business every day (if that's
possible).

--
Regards,

Joe Ragosta

http://home.earthlink.net/~jragosta/complmac.htm

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:27:25 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > > What do you mean by "lousy results" ? The kids in public schools
> > > probably aren't as good on average,
> >
> > And why is that?
>
> Because private schools are typically quite selective about who they'll
> accept, obviously.

Yes...they boot out anybody who misbehaves, and the boot out anybody
who refuses to do the work.

What's keeping the public schools from doing the same, other than
a tenacious belief in hippy-dippy liberal clap-trap.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:29:17 -0400

Eric Bennett wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Arthur Frain wrote:

> > > Then why did you choose Purdue over a perfectly good
> > > nearby Catholic school like Notre Dame?
> >
> > 1. I'm talking about K-12 education.
>
> We're talking about education, period.  If public schools can do a good
> job at the college level, what is the reason you think they couldn't do
> well elsewhere?

I looked at all of the engineering schools in the US, culled out those
that were farther away from home than I wanted to be, and applied
to the top of the remaining list.

I was turned down by one university (U of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign),
and so I chose Purdue.

> > 2. I attended school 20 years ago.  I'm talking about *NOW*.
>
> So what?  The principles are the same, aren't they?  If 20 years ago the
> public schools were good, then presumably we can make them good again,
> right?

Only a fool would bet their children's future on it.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Joe Ragosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:38:11 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ZnU
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mike Marion
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Perry Pip wrote:
> >
> > > And you want my taxes to pay for vouchers for that shit? No way.
> >
> > As someone who started out in public schools, then switched to
> > private school, I can say without a doubt that the education I got at
> > the private school was _much_ better then I could've gotten in the
> > public system.  My parents sacrificed a lot for my sister and I (and
> > we both let them know that we appreciate what they did) to go to
> > private school.  I have plenty of friends that went to public school
> > that wish they could've also gone to private school and talk about
> > how bad they were/are.
>
> It depends where you live. In rich suburbs, the public schools are of
> very high quality. They're properly funded. In inner cities, they're
> woefully underfunded, and they're horrible.

You might want to check your facts.

The funding level in some of those inner city schools isn't very
different from suburban spending.

Money doesn't solve problems.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:33:43 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > ZnU wrote:

> > > What is your justification for this?
> >
> > How many high academic achievers can you find in, oh,
> >
> > South Central LA
> > the Cabrini Green or Robert Taylor Homes  housing projects in Chicago.
> > or any other slum of choice (including trailer parks).
>
> Are you saying these people are inherently inferior?

Absolutely.

Just as height and the color of one's hair is genetically determined,
so is the upper limits of a person's intellectual ability.

The people living in these areas are not of sufficient intellectual
capability to survive in life, in the same way as a midget is not
capable of successfully competing in the National Basketball
Association.
And...just as midgets breed more midgets, mental midgets breed more
mental midgets.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: ZnU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:40:52 GMT

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ZnU wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Deserving has nothing to do with it
> > >
> > > It's the rich person's ***CHOICE**** to give their money away to
> > > whomever they see fit.
> > >
> > > Your problem is....you innately ABHOR the idea of the people who
> > > earn the money being allowed to CHOOSE what the fuck to do with
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Well.....YOU GO TO HELL!
> >
> > No. What I "innately ABHOR" is the idea that some people get tons
> > of money without doing a thing to earn it while others work hard
> > their
>                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > entire lives and stay poor.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Spot the lie.

The lie is your elitist rhetoric.

This universe shipped by weight, not volume.  Some expansion may have
occurred during shipment.

ZnU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | <http://znu.dhs.org>

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:36:54 -0400

Chad Irby wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Or the fact that US teenagers routinely rank ***LAST*** for all
> > industrialized nations in:
> >
> > Mathematics
> > Basic Physical Sciences (biology, chemistry and physics)
> > World History
>
> Yet for some reason, we consistently rank *first* in doing things like
> creating new technologies, worker productivity, and gross national

Yes...the entirety American society is sponging off of the efforts
of a few intellectual elite.

Also...a LARGE percentage of the intellectual abilities of which
you speak are IMPORTED because our schools are doing such a fucking
LOUSY job.

> product, versus those other countries that have high test scores but
> can't get it together otherwise.

That's because all of their highest achievers come to the United States
as soon as possible.

> --
>
> Chad Irby         \ My greatest fear: that future generations will,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]   \ for some reason, refer to me as an "optimist."

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: ZnU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:43:36 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Joe
Ragosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> > >

> > > [1] AFDC comprised only 8% of the federal budget, IIRC.
> >

> Let's see. 8% of $1.7 trillion is $136 BILLION. Or $500 for every man,
> woman, and child in the U.S.
>
> Not to mention the billions being spent by the states, as well.
>
> And the other welfare programs.
>
> "Only" 8%, indeed.

What do you pay in taxes? Take 8% of that. Ask yourself if it's worth
that amount to prevent millions of children from starving to death.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:43:45 GMT

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:33:45 GMT, Chad Irby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"First-world" nations have nuclear submarines that work, and don't screw
>around for a week before asking for help in rescuing the crew.

The US has lost two nuclear subs over the years.  I don't know how long
they "screwed around" though.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:42:46 -0400

Bob Lyday wrote:

> Mike Marion wrote:
> >
> > david raoul derbes wrote:
> >
> > > In Europe, the crime rate is lower, and coincidentally, there is health
> > > insurance for everyone, and (usually) a much lower unemployment rate.
> > >
> > > But these things are entirely coincidental, yes?
> >
> > Now that's some seriously screwed up (and incorrect) logic.  Just because you
> > have A and B, by no means shows that A exists because of B.
> >
> BTW, a number of studies have found that the more socialism you have
> in a system, the lower the crime rate.  This is not an exact
> relationship but when averaged together, it definitely shows up.
>
> Oh, yes, and societies with socialized medicine generally have
> superior health figures than those who do not.  Once again, a general
> relationship but it still holds, even amongst states in India and
> Central American countries.  As an example, for many years, Cuba had
> the best health figures in all Latin America.  Costa Rica was often
> second but then they have had a social democracy since after the war.

Obviously, you have never talked to someone who lives in a country
with Socialized Medicine who actually needed serious medical treatment.

They ***ALWAYS*** come to the United States.

Why is that?

> --
> Bob
> Microsoft.com corrupt! Boot Chairman Bill? (Y/Y)
> Remove "diespammersdie" to reply.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.