Fox")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jack Troughton)
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy
Subject: Re: [OT] Public v. Private Schools
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:59:55 GMT

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:29:10, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Jack Troughton wrote:

>> > You are a brainwashed stupid fuck propagating lies and propaganda.
>> >
>> > Sit down and shut the fuck up.
>>
>> There we have it folks; proof that Aaron doesn't believe in the free
>> expression of ideas.
>>
>> Your solution to disagreement is to enforce silence.
>>
>> That's called fascism.
>
>No...FASCISM is a socio-economic model characterized by a vertically
>integrated commercial sector, and where the business sector essentially
>"owns" the government (much like Japan).
>
>Since you also appear to be an ignorant fuck, then I suggest
>that YOU, too need to SIT DOWN and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Hahahahaa... the only person displaying complete ignorant
fuckedupedness here is you Aaron. You sure do have a large
authoritarian streak in you. Must come from that recto-cranial
inversion you suffer from.

* Jack Troughton              jake at jakesplace.dhs.org *
* http://jakesplace.dhs.org     ftp://jakesplace.dhs.org *
* Montréal PQ Canada           news://jakesplace.dhs.org *

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jack Troughton)
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy
Subject: Re: [OT] Global warming. (was Public v. Private Schools)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:48:54 GMT

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:31:39, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Jack Troughton wrote:

>produces less CO2
>than is consumed.
>class will help
>> >
>> > Then maybe you ought to convince those OTHER countries to reform THEIR
>> > ways, and keep your fucking opinions to yourself in this country.
>> >
>> > MORON
>>
>> You really are into silencing dissent, aren't you? I was under the
>
>No.  I'm into getting the Ignorami among us to stop spreading their
>baseless PROPAGANDA.

How do you know it's propaganda?

>> impression that the intellectual foundations of the US system of
>> governance were all about making sure that people didn't keep their
>> opinions to themselves.
>
>Are you saying arguing that it is good to NOT oppose liars....

You can oppose liars all you want... until the method of opposition is
silencing them. Or have you forgotten the right to speech enshrined in
the US consititution?

Actually, judging by your behaviour in this forum overall, I doubt
you've ever been really familiar with its precepts.

>> Pity or contempt... either you are too stupid to argue, or too evil
>> to argue. Take your pick.

Note: no response.

Simply put, screaming "SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP" over and over
again is a pretty sure-fire way to make sure that anyone who is
observing the conversation is going to think you're wrong.

You're acting like a child.

From: Sandman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Malloy digest, volume 2451800
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:51:01 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jeff
Glatt) wrote:

> And so, my second prediction also comes true.
>
> This is no surprise. When it comes to Tholen, he is both repugnant and
> predictable. That's why I was able to predict that you would indeed
> find him to be repugnant

Right on the money :)

--
Sandman[.net]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (FM)
Subject: Re: filename extensions are NOT a kludge
Date: 20 Sep 2000 06:35:31 GMT

Donovan Rebbechi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 20 Sep 2000 02:23:28 GMT, FM wrote:
>>Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>It would make it more complicated to *learn* and even recall.
>>>Man, you /have/ had your brain fried by C/C++.

>>You should re-examine your own brain instead. If I
>>remember correctly, you don't even know C/C++.

>As a C++ user, one thing that I have learned to despise is gratuitous
>side effects

Indeed. You should try functional programming if you
haven't given it a try already.

Dan.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (FM)
Subject: Re: angry programmers
Date: 20 Sep 2000 06:56:28 GMT

Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Your response is beyond any of these. You are the only person
>I've met who has engaged in a vicious and unprovoked attack.

That other people didn't realize the degree of ignorance you
were exhibiting, perhaps due to the fact that you were using
fairly sophisticated terminologies (but used without care or
understanding) doesn't affect me at all.

>So just what are you claiming? That you are interested in an
>intelligent and rational debate? That you wish only to provide
>an enlightening critical analysis?

I'm very interested in rational and intelligent debate. But
then again, you proved beyond doubt that you are incapable of
such, long before I entered the scene. Of course there were
things that were either particular offensive or that were
misleading other posters, so I decided to clarify a bit. I
have little interest in educating YOU personally.

>    "Yeah yeah yeah. I'm not going to be bothered by writing
>    another OS, unless I really have a good new idea, unlike
>    you, who seems perfectly content to feel the need to
>    promote ideas that you truly don't understand and haven't
>    even thought out very well."
>
>You're not interested in talking to me or learning anything
>about me. Your sole interest is in bashing me.

I'm bashing what you've done here, which is to post a lot of
nonsense and combining it with such boldness and pretense. I
have no interest in who you are and my tendency to treat
people the same way they treat others manifested itself without
much effort.

>Just what the
>hell did I do to upset your delicate emotional balance? Does
>what I do have that much effect on your well-being? Oh,
>wait that's right; you explained to me that it was *my* fault
>that I was the target of your abuse ... now where have I heard
>that before?

That's pretty funny. If you decide to bash an entire group
of people and post a lot of nonsense on top of that, do you
think it is wrong for someone to come in and bash YOU for
that? It's funny how you rationalize your bashing a group
of people with some odd reasoning yet criticize my bashing
an individual for his own action.

>What kind of pathetic fantasy have you come up with? Do
>you see yourself as the Saviour of the Unenlightened on the
>newsgroup? Have you come down from your holy perch to
>unmask the False Messiah as the spawn of the devil? Do you
>mean to thwart Satan's plans to lure the innocent into the
>Sin of rejecting the Holy Unix? Or maybe I don't rate that
>high and you're here to Convert the heathen savage with a
>vigorous proof of your Faith?

How interesting. I at least gave general technical reasons
where you were going wrong. You're apparently even unable
to follow any of that. It seems that you're almost
acknowledging that I was right, just that the way I
presented it offended the hell out of you.

>You come here uninvited and unwanted,

As though your appearance in this thread was invited or wanted,
when the overall response largely proves otherwise.

>engage in vicious
>attacks whose sole purpose are to tear me down, and then
>claim you don't have any emotional problems? Buddy, you
>should *run*, not walk, to your psychologist.

>Or are you going to continue these pathetic and ludicrous
>denials of the nature of your own actions?

>Self-knowledge or self-delusion? It's your choice and it's
>your mental health, cause I sure as hell don't give a fuck.

That's funny. Why is it that your mental health has been
sort of questioned several times here whereas mine has not
been except by you? It's funny how one who exhibits such
extreme hatred and angst acts as though he can't stand any
of that when it's directed to him.

Dan.

------------------------------

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Never tell me again that Windows is easy to install!!!  It's a lie!
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:57:40 +0100

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:8q87pb$chg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> It just does it.  Unlike the old NT 4 setup which did a slow format to
> FAT,
> > then ran convert on the next boot, it just does a quick NTFS format.  On
> all
> > the machines I've done so far it doesn't grind away like NT 4 used to
> doing
> > a slow FAT format, it takes about 20 seconds to do the NTFS format.
>
> You are not really talking about formatting the disk are you, you are just
> talking about installing the file system on an already formatted disk.
> Correct?

Incorrect.  On a blank hard disk with no partitions.  Partitioning the drive
and formatting.  Windows 2000 setup (for me at least) has done a very quick
format

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:54:02 -0400

Jack Troughton wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:31:39, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >Jack Troughton wrote:

>produces less CO2
>than is consumed.
>algebra class will help

> >> You really are into silencing dissent, aren't you? I was under the
> >
> >No.  I'm into getting the Ignorami among us to stop spreading their
> >baseless PROPAGANDA.
>
> How do you know it's propaganda?
>
> >> impression that the intellectual foundations of the US system of
> >> governance were all about making sure that people didn't keep their
> >> opinions to themselves.
> >
> >Are you saying arguing that it is good to NOT oppose liars....
>
> You can oppose liars all you want... until the method of opposition is
> silencing them. Or have you forgotten the right to speech enshrined in
> the US consititution?

I'm calling on YOU to be a good man and STOP SPREADING LIES.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:54:49 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Kulkis"
> have

> > > ownership

> won
> using a
> > > toy

> > > <snip ridiculous sig>
> > >
> > > Again,
> > >
> > > What the hell are you talking about.
> >

> > YOU are the one who dragged him into a conversation about murder...
> > so, perhaps YOU could tell us what the fuck the connection is.
> >
> > So far, I see ZERO, other than that he supports my view of the
> > typical LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER.
> >

> > > Are you so incapable of logical thought
> > > that you cant see the connection between your statement:
> >
> > Again, YOU are the one who brought up an Olympic Gold Medalist shooter
> > in the context of murders.
> >
> > Again...what the fuck is the connection, you blinkered fool?
> >
> > --
> <snip stupid sig>
>
> I brought up olympic gold shooters to prove that you told a BLATANT LIE
> regarding gun laws in Australia.

Do you deny that private ownership of firearms was bannned in Australia?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:01:06 +0100

"Ingemar Lundin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:ssNx5.247$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > You are not really talking about formatting the disk are you, you are
just
> > talking about installing the file system on an already formatted disk.
> > Correct?
> >

> i doubt he knows himself what he is talking about....

What is your problem exactly?  I have never said I don't believe that it
took you a long time, just that my experience of it was different.