From: mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: You Linux folks Just Don't Get It....
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:17:46 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But there is no more DOS to boot into afaik.
> Of course Windows runs on top of DOS, I assumed I didn't have to
> mention that.

It is there is is just that MS is trying to hide it. Just because you
think you see it, does not mean that it isn't there.

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com

------------------------------

From: John Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Competition
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:53:08 -0500

Jesper Krogh wrote:

> > >What is your point exactly?  It strikes me that although MS may use bits
> > >and bobs of stuff from open source apps, they make a poor job of it.
> >
> > Don't forget that they cannot use any code from GNU licence software without
> > supplying then end product with full sourcecode or being prosecuted for
> > breaking the terms of the licence. I'd like to see them try to defend that
> > one on top of the DOJ case (copyright theft will not do them much good).
>
> But how can anyone know ?
> I mean can they freely use the code without anyone knowing about it ?
>
> --
> ./Jesper Krogh.
> The Goal is world domination, no more, no less.
> This means that your PC should run linux too.

        You could 'diff' hex dumps from each system then extract various
lengths of matching bytes and examine them by hand.

--
John W. Sanders
===============

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:42:53 -0400

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Oh fuck you.
> >>  You made a choice to go put your life on the line for a bunch
> >>  of illusions and empty promises.
>
> > I'm near the end of my 2nd 6-year enlistment, and I'll re-enlist again.
> > Whatever financial benefits there are to military service, the personal
> > development (at least in the Army) is priceless.
>
> Thats very interesting.  And sweet.
>
> >>  Big fucking deal.
>
> > You sound like a typical liberal whiner.
>
> Except that im actually not a liberal,

You exhibit liberal-leftist beliefs. Why is that

> and im not whining.

Quit whining

>  You sound like the typical brainless army-clone.

I spend 95% of my time in the civilian world.

>  Your mind is erased in basic,

Wrong.

> reprogrammed
> in the next couple of years with exactly what your superiors want you to be
> thinking----and you still completely believe that you are in control of your
> own life.

I've studied brainwashing....and yes, the military engages in brainwashing.
On the other hand, so do universities.

You're upset because I have brainwashing from a source of which you don't approve.

Big fucking deal.

> hah.
>
> > Why are you whining, whiner.
>
> You're an idiot.

You're still whining, whiner

>  I hope youre infantry.  Itd suit you.

I'm in communications.

> >> I guess they didnt teach you anything in the military.
>
> > The taught us that anti-Constitutional assholes like yourself are
> > a threat to the security of our nation and way of life.
>
> Anti-constitutional assholes?  Youre going to have to qualify that.

I allready did.

You are an asshoole.

I qualified that with the adjective "anti-constitutional"

>  When have I ever typed anything that was anti-constitutional?

Your promotion of unconstitutional property seizure (money) for
the purpose of redistribution to those who are lazy and/or live
self-destructive lifestyles.

> You really are a huge idiot, mr. kulkis.  You see enemies everywhere;
> everything is a fight with you.  Just like they taught you to think.

Those who do not see the enemies soon fall prey to them.

> Congradulations, you are no longer human. :)
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations, you exhibit the thought processes of a 5-year old.

> -----.

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

From: mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.4 mired in delays as Compaq warns of lack of momentum
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:45:38 -0400

Chad Myers wrote:

> "Nick Condon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Chad Myers wrote:
> >
> > > You're comparing a relatively new (although based on archaic technology)
> >
> > This one always irritates me, the Windows people say it about Linux, and the
> Linux
> > people say it about Windows.
>
> Well, the Linux people seem to not understand the difference between
> Win9x and WinNT/2K (which only further proves my theme that Linvocates seem to
> have not much clue about the state of the rest of the computing industry).

I think we all agree that you are wrong here.

> WinNT/2K is not based on DOS. Period. DOS (cmd.exe) in NT is merely a tiny
> subsystem for compatibility, just like POSIX subsystem and the OS/2 subsystem.

Actually WinNT and 2K are based (more or less) on VMS which is old
enough.

> Linux, however, is almost entirely based on it's Unix predecessors (which isn't
> necessarily a bad thing). Linux is somewhat reminiscent of Win9x (yes, I know
> Linux has a better kernel, etc that's not my point). Win9x is hack upon a
> hack upon a hack upon an old 16-bit non-multitasking OS. By way of comparison,
> Linux is a hack upon a hack upon a hack upon a 30 year old archaic OS that has
> none of the features of a modern OS. Linux should just be called the Unix
> modernization project. Except all it does is add more instability and more
> inconsistency.

Linux isn't based on UNIX at all. It is a reimplementation of a standard
set of APIs. Linux is a well defined operating system with a single user
space environment and a protected kernel. From an OS perspective, it can
not be called a hack.

Windows 9x and ME are either a 32 bit or 16 bit environment depending on
which part of the OS you are executing at the time. It has two distinct
modes in which it operates different file system implementations on the
same disks. Emulated real-mode code is executed on all Windows 9x/ME
machines as part of the OS. A 16 bit application can affect any 32 bit
application it wants, with a little assembly trickary. (Think segment
override).

Any comparison between Windows 9x/ME and Linux are completely false.

Windows NT/2K are like Linux running wine, only without the the normal
user space protection between kernel and applications.

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:47:14 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Aaron R. Kulkis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Loren Petrich wrote:
>
> > >    Responsibility can mean giving others handouts, it would seem.
> > It's called CHOICE, retard.
>
> > Can you comprehend the idea of DECIDING to give something to a particular
> > person, as opposed to having the fruit of one's labors CONFISCATED and
> > distributed to shiftless and lazy drunks, drug addicts and whores, and
> > their demon spawn.
>
>    You sure have a vivid imagination, don't you?

Are you alleging that the welfare rolls are NOT filled with drunks,
drug-addicts, and out-of-wedlock-breeding sluts.

>    I wonder if this is the way that Mr. Kulkis does accounting for
> system resources of the computer systems he administers. If so, then
> it's a miracle that he has not gotten seriously purged.

All in favor of purging Loren Petrich, raise your hands.

> > Modern day "Liberals" have been responsible for more censhorship
> > and speech codes than any other movement in American history.
>
>    News to me.

Everything is news to you, Loren...
That's why you're still stuck in the politics of the 1870's-1890's

> > > for making disrespectful remarks about our President.
> > As opposed to teeling the wrong joke on a college campus....
>
>    Seems like some right-wing urban legend.

Then why did the Supreme Court get involved?

Hmmmmmm.

University of Michigan and University of Wisconsin speech codes were
STRUCK DOWN by the Supreme Court.

> > >    C'mon, wouldn't *you* steal if you had no other source of income?
> > Note the weasel-word "if"
>
>    Don't be too sure that you will always have some other source of
> income. **** happens.

Be sure to repeat that to yourself 1000 times when your apartment gets
burglarized.

> --
> Loren Petrich
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> And a fast train

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:54:34 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> Because he is a complete idiot and/or a person without an ounce of empathy for
> >> other human beings.
>
> >Wrong.  I have not an ounce of empathy for the lazy and shiftless.
>
> >For those who are willing to make an effort and help themselves, I give them
> >my full support.
>
> Kulkis, you are one of the sick nut jobs running around here who are
> completely devoid of common decency ttowards others

Please explain the "common decency" of those who engage in self-destructive
habits (drug use, chronic drunkennes, out of wedlock breeding, etc), to
demand that I give them money, via the bureacracy of the government, under
threat of being hunted down by men with guns and locked in prison.

                        I'm making a contribution to society...

                    THEY ARE HE ONES WHO ARE FUCKING UP SOCIETY!!

> -- and it is not just on
> the posts you make here. I stumbled into your posts lumping all women together
> as whores in another ng.

Prove it, asshole.
I never said any such thing.

Women who breed out of wedlock, and then expect ME to pay for THEIR kids
are sluts.

> Frankly, you are pathetic person who needs all the psychiatric care you can
> pay for.  If is was up to me, I'd have you locked up and treated, just to make
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isn't acceptance bueatiful????

> everyone else a little happier by removing your constant anger towards
> everyone and everything, but your self-centered world.  Get the treatment you
> need before you end up killing or injuring someone in your anger.

Why is it that society is supposed to accept those who are not merely
self-destructive, but also engage in behavior that is destructive to the
social fabric....yet anybodo who comments upon the fact that this is
completely UNFAIR to the rest of us is supposed to be locked up?

YOU ARE A FUCKING SICK INDIVIDUAL.

I notice that you post from sover.net

Sovereign Internet connection.

In the United States, the legal premise is that EVER ADULT is a sovereign
person.

A sovereign persons are NOT treated as slaves.

AFDC, WIC, etc. are all SLAVERY system in which working people like you
and me are enslaved for the benefit of the self-destructive.

FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE!

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:58:20 -0400

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> It was the Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:35:19 GMT...
> ...and STATIC66 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >No, thanks. This reminds me altogether too much of our past.
> > >
> > >Of course you don't have no steenking past, Mr American Guy. I know.
> >
> > No we didn't save europe from hitler or anything....
>
> It would be interesting to see what would have happened in WW2 without
> the U.S.
>
> Do you honestly think Hitler would have won? Come on!

Let's see... during the Battle of Britain, the RAF was down to a 1/4 day
supply of spare parts before the Luftwaffe shifted focus to bombing London,
despite a constant flow of goods from the USA.

Let's suppose that Britain had had to do WITHOUT the few thousand
shiploads of food and materiel recieve up until that point.....the
RAF would have run out of spare parts for Typhoons and Spitfires
WEEKS  EARLIER.....and at that point, the invasion of the British
mainland would have been a certainty....and with superior logistic
resources, Britain would have fallen.

> mawa
> --
> Flüssigseifenbenutzer!
> Fristeneinhalter!
> Geschenkpapierbügler!
> Auslandstanker!

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

From: Static66 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:00:05 GMT

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 05:07:26 GMT, Loren Petrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, STATIC66
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Keep ducking and weaving Loren!! You don't like hearing than
>> "visionary" Algore is a rich,poluting,beltway boy do you???
>
>   Something you right-wingers normally pride yourself on being.

HaHaHaHa yes we are all rich, poluting bastards..Still not coming to
terms with reality are you...

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:01:40 -0400

Chad Myers wrote:

> "Matthias Warkus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > It was the Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:35:19 GMT...
> > ...and STATIC66 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > No we didn't save europe from hitler or anything....
> >
> > It would be interesting to see what would have happened in WW2 without
> > the U.S.
> >
> > Do you honestly think Hitler would have won? Come on!
>
> What do you define as winning? I doubt an invasion of the U.S. would've
> worked -- remember, we hadn't invaded Europe, so we still had all our
> men at home -- but Europe would've been taken and fully cemented.
>
> The Brits would or wouldn't have pulled a D-Day, regardless it would've
> been far weaker than the joint (e.g. American with a few Brits,
> Aussies and Canadians) assault. Hitler would've had more troops to
> devote to the Soviet campaign. Hitler proved himself to make many
> military blunders (namely the Soviet attack and multi-front campaigns)
> so he would've squandered it eventually but not after he would've
> continued the slaughter of jews, christians and just about everyone
> else.
>
> Would we (the good people) have won after that anyhow?
>
> Needless to say, the Nazi's would've left a more permanent mark on
> Paris and London.
>
> The Ruskies probably would've eventually won (?) but the I don't
> believe the Brits, Aussies, and Candians (let alone the French... laf)
> would've been able to stop him alone.

If the US hadn't been sending convoys of materiel to Britain, the
RAF would have lost the Battle of Britain, and after a long fight,
the British would have been fully occupied by the Nazis.

Seeing how well they have been browbeat into disarming themselves
against the criminal element (handguns any more advanced than
1800's ball and powder revolvers are illegal), it doesn't take much
imagination to see what would have happened.

> -Chad

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Does anybody offer free Linux access?~!
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:04:37 -0400

Philo wrote:

> this is a very interesting question.
> first of all...as we all know, there is no free lunch...
> the free isp's are being paid for by the advertisers of course.
> just to see what it was all about i set up juno (on windows, of course)
> and got an add banner atop the browser.
> when i shut the as banner down...the browser simply closed.
>
> if an isp were to do the same with linux...
> it is not too likely they'd want to supply the source code as one could
> easily disable the ad banners then...

Where in the hell did you get that inane idea?

There is NO REQUIREMENT to GPL the connection/ad-banner software.

> and to not supply the source code would be against the priciples behind
> linux (as i understand them)
>
> so i do not see much likelihood of a free linux isp...
> but i sincerely hope someone proves me wrong here.
>
> --
>
> Philo
>
> website: www.plazaearth.com/philo

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632