From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: German armed forces ban MS software  <gloat!>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:31 -0500

GreyCloud wrote:

> [...]
> > > own computer designs.  Believe me, even if you shred a document they
> > > have ways to put it back together again.  Their custom computers can
> > > decrypt any message that uses current encryption schemes and do it in 3
> > > seconds, where it would take a Pentium III several thousand years to
> > > do.  But they also rely on more proven tactics to get information...
> > > spying, electronic eavesdropping or outright theft!  If one is on their
> >                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > target list your screwed.  Then if you think that your are secure in
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > True.
> >
> > The key all comes down to psychology.
> >
> > One, they canNOT sift through and evaluate EVERY communication which
> > takes place.
> >
> > Two...wanna really screw them up... take a stream of random-data...
> > change the seed at frequent, random intervals.  Send it out.
>
> Its an old trick and they know about it, and its easy for them.
>
> > Let them go nuts trying to decrypt it.
> >
> > > your office and think you are free to discuss in private they will hear
> > > you using their technology.  Believe me, no one can hide from them once
> > > they are on your trail.  Before they hired me I had to go thru a two
> > > week battery of psyhcological testing.  They are very thourough.  I saw
> > > one gal run out of these tests only after 2 hours crying.  Its a very
> > > deep and probing test and its scary. Back in the 60's and early 70's it
> > > used to be called No Such Agency.  Harry Truman started the agency back
> > > in the late 40's.
> >
> > Yeah, i'm familiar with that.
> >
> > But the key to intimidation is getting people to *believe*  in an
> > all-seeing entity which, in reality, is not even close to omniscient.
>
> Quite true.  This agency is more concerned for the National Security in
> its own right.
> And to keep in the know they listen to other countries communications.
> Patterns develop when something serious crops up and they know what to
> do in these cases.  They've always watched and listened but you never
> hear them doing anything about it.  Its always the lower agencies that
> seem to do all of the dirty work.  One guy in the FBI didn't believe
> their capabilities either until he found out the hard way.  I don't
> think that agency has any compassion for anybody.
>
> > Basically, they can study you if they decide to study you.
> >
> > Big deal.  There are 290 Million people in the US alone.  You've
> > gotta do something fairly obvious to attract their attention.
> >

> They use other methods.  But true, they can't monitor every e-mail or
> every phone call and filter for keywords.  I would rather not be their
> focus of attention. One worker managed to get their attention and was
> fired.  The only job he could get is over in Yakima, Wa. as an apple
> picker.
>
> You've been fair about this.  But I think I'll stay off this subject...
> I have a pension and they could just as easily take it back.

As I hold a security clearance myself, I understand entirely.

No "need to know"

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
> > ICQ # 3056642

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:01:02 -0500

Brent R wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> > >
> > > "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > That

> > > various
> > >
> > > You've never heard of a disassembler?  It's not uncommon for people to
> > > disassemble huge parts of OS's to prove such things.  The license agreement
> > > isn't valid if it's used to cover up illegal behavior, so the no-disassembly
> > > clause would not be an issue.
> >
> > The Microsoft EULA specifically prohibits this.
> >
> > So, you are suggesting that the only way to trust a Microsoft system
> > is to violate your license agreement.
> >
> > Thank you for that telling admission, dumbfuck.
> >
> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
> > ICQ # 3056642
> >
> > K: Truth in advertising:
> >         Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
> >         Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,
> >         Special Interest Sierra Club,
> >         Anarchist Members of the ACLU
> >         Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
> >         The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
> >         Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
> >
> > J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
> >    The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
> >    also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
> >
> > I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
> >    challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
> >    between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
> >    Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
> >
> > H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
> >     premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
> >     you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
> >     you are lazy, stupid people"
> >
> > G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >
> > F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >    adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
> >
> > E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
> >    her behavior improves.
> >
> > D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >    ...despite (C) above.
> >
> > C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> > B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
> >    method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
> >    direction that she doesn't like.
> >
> > A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.
>
> For some reason I had re-download my newsgroups and I forgot to killfile
> you. Thanks for reminding me why I did it in the first place.

You're welcome.

> *re-plonk*
> --
> Happy Trails!
>
> -Brent
>
> http://rotten168.home.att.net

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: the truth about linux
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:03:22 -0500

Brent R wrote:

> J Sloan wrote:
> >
> > "Public " wrote:
> >
> > > Here are some humorous snippets from a site located at
>http://members.aol.com/erichuf/Linux.html
> > >
> > > Finally! somebody willing to tell the truth!
> >
> > Nah, just another silly troll....
> >
> > jjs
>
> And this, Young Jedi, is why you fail. Instead of responding to the
> points the article makes, you simply dismiss it and the reader.
>
> Linux will never take off unless it's community of advocates (not
> developers, the developers seem pretty nice) is willing to take some
> (much-needed) criticism. They need to be:
>
> 1) less arrogant
> 2) less condescending
> 3) less insecure
> 4) more open-minded
> 5) mindful of why Microsoft SUCCEEDS and why they FAIL
>
> In general, I find the Linux community so darn obnoxious and unlikable
> (ie. Kulkis), or just plain religious like zealotrous (ie. Charlie

It is the stupid man who let's personality conflicts with uninvolved
individuals dictate his technological evaluation.

> Ebert) at times it actually serves as a deterrant to me using the OS.
>
> Is this flaimbait? Probably, but the truth is the truth.
>
> --
> Happy Trails!
>
> -Brent
>
> http://rotten168.home.att.net

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:04:41 -0500

J Sloan wrote:

> Brent R wrote:
>
> > J Sloan wrote:

>http://members.aol.com/erichuf/Linux.html

> > > Nah, just another silly troll....
> > >
> > > jjs
> >
> > And this, Young Jedi, is why you fail. Instead of responding to the
> > points the article makes, you simply dismiss it and the reader.
>
> Sorry, I don't have enough hours in the day to read
> every lame anti linux article. If you want to spend your
> time on that happy bs, knock yourself out.

I believe the technical term to discribe LoseDOS is "Happy Horse Shit"

> jjs

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: What is user friendly?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:06:53 -0500

Salvador Peralta wrote:

> Anonymous quoth:

> >> UNIX learning curve isn't impassable. I passed it easily.
> >
> > i said generally.
> > the exceptions do not make the rules.
>
> You are wrong.  Unix is generally easyier because the designers
> generally got things right the first time.  Microsoft has still not
> figured out that the best methodology is to build a system by creating
> small, interoperable applications rather than monolithic beasts that
> try and be everything for all users.
>
> give me interoperabele, extensible and lightweight any day.
>
> > no formal training whatsoever.
> > i'd fucked around with it a bit tho. a friend of mine showed me the
> > basic stuff and i think i took one page of notes - various basic
> > control panels, stupid right mouse button tricks, the standard menu
> > layout in office.
>
> Wow.  You learned how to use a graphical interface.  I'm impressed.
>
> >  and most important of all - where to find help.
> > (it's usually cleverly hidden in the 'help' menu)
>
> The difference being that something like this:
>
> [salvador@localhost java]$ info application
>
> Will actually yield a helpful result.
>
> This is of course, holding aside the links to the several thousand
> pages of html help documentation, howto's, etc. that were installed
> with my system out of the box.
>
> > as i recall it consisted of a bunch of barebones windows where you
> > could punch in command line stuff and occasionally show a peecture.
> > real user friendly.
> > not.
>
> Xwindows just provides the user interface.  the rest comes with the
> window/desktop managers/environments.  My system, utilizes gnome and
> kde components in a kde environment and came out of the box with
> several hundred of the following graphical applications:
>
> games
> visual enhancers for the visually impaired
> archiving tools ( cd burner, compression, etc. )
> configuration tools
> links to beginner's guide, help, howto's
> graphics programs ( gimp, screen capture, et al )
> sound programs ( cd mixer, player, et al )
> video programs ( viewer, studio )
> networking programs ( browsers, editors, mail, news, ftp, et al )
> full office suite
> terminals
> calculator
> monitoring tools
> file tools
>
> I installed maybe 30-40% of the graphical applications that were
> available to me, and they are still 3-4 timkes more applications
> available to me under windows, and most are of a higher quality.
>
> --
>
> Salvador Peralta                   -o)
> Programmer/Analyst, Webmaster      / \
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]       _\_v
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:08:38 -0500

Jim Richardson wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:47:15 -0600,
>  Erik Funkenbusch, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>  brought forth the following words...:
>
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:992igb$c30$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >That
> >>
> >> No. They are claiming there *may* be backdoors, and that this
> >*possibility*
> >> is a risk not worth taking in certain situations.
> >
> >And your own programmes might be putting back doors in themselves.  Unless
> >you do everything yourself, or have checked everything yourself thoroughly,
> >there *may* be backdoors in almost anything, open source or not.
>
> yup, but with the code, you can check, without, you hope...
>

> >> Simple question --- when you leave your house, do you lock the door? If
> >so,
> >> why do you do it? Do you have any evidence that between the time you leave
> >and
> >> the time you come back, someone will come by and try to get in and steal
> >> your stuff?
> >
> >The difference is that I lock my door with commercial grade locks.  I don't
> >use a custom designed vault door.
>
> With closed source, you might have a great lock on the front door, but the
> vendor left the back door unlocked...

and all the windows

and the milk chute

and the doggie-door

etc., etc.

> --
> Jim Richardson
>         Anarchist, pagan and proud of it
> WWW.eskimo.com/~warlock
>         Linux, because life's too short for a buggy OS.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Yet more XBox bogification...
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:09:26 -0500

Zed Mister wrote:

> Hehe.  The first time I saw the original screenshot I just assumed the lens
> flare was added on.  But I didn't really think of it as a conspiracy or
> anything (maybe I should have).  I was actually thinking "this looks pretty
> ugly, why would they use Photoshop to make the game so stupid looking with a
> lens flare that is so obviously out of place."

That's Microsoft.

> "Stephen S. Edwards II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9933mv$4gc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > [crossposted]
> >
> > Look, I have no particular hatred of Microsoft,
> > but this is bullshit.
> >
> > First, we have this:
> >
> > http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=3550576
> > http://www.mikekraus.de/lol.jpg

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.