From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Unix/Linux Professionalism
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:39:00 -0500

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>person.  Substitute
>tell them

>political philosophies

>newsgroups.

>how bout

>evidence
>hasnt

>I am

>exactly

> >> Yes yes, I know about all of these.  Theres nothing in any of them lending any
>evidence
> >> in support of the theory that there are people being payed by microsoft to post
>FUD in
> >> COLA.
> >>

> > Todd Needleham.
>
> > I reset  my case.
>
> Youve rested it on nothing at all.  EVIDENCE, kulkis.  Its not too terribly
>difficult a
> concept.  I'm not about to believe anything that *anyone* says (even if I really
>want to)
> simply because they SAY it.

Todd Needleham was a Microsoft employee who ADMITTED to being paid to
posting to this newsgroup.

> You're probably christian, arent you.
>
> -----.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:40:01 -0500

Shades wrote:

> > Youve rested it on nothing at all.  EVIDENCE, kulkis.  Its not too
> terribly difficult a
> > concept.  I'm not about to believe anything that *anyone* says (even if I
> really want to)
> > simply because they SAY it.
> >
> > You're probably christian, arent you.
>
> I have seen Kulkis say some nutty things and yeah he sometimes seems blinded
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Translation: Shades's limited understanding => speaker is nutty.

> by his hatred but your one statement outdid him.  I am not a religious man
> but I don't take kindly to people who start down this road of bull.   You
> really shouldn't have said that.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Shades" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:42:35 -0500

> If you can't trust the guy you hired specifically to give you such
> advice, then you shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

I agree but for some reason it doesn't work out that way.   I think the
guy's background may be technically sound but he pisses off his boss too
much by calling him an idiot in so many words without explaining to him why.
Thus over time the boss doesn't even trust his own people even though they
are right on the money.  As I said this situation makes it easy for the boss
to simply make the "bad" decision and just simply order the guy to implement
it.  My point.

------------------------------

From: "Shades" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:48:42 -0500

> Awwwwwwwww, did I touch a nerve.....shill.

Not at all just thought it was funny after attempting to wade through all
you responses to Jan.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: the truth about linux
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:22:35 -0500

Edward Rosten wrote:

> > The MSCEs also recommend defragging the hard drive once a week and fix
> > the registry as well.
> > I've never had to defrag under Solaris and I don't have a registry to
> > fix.
>
> I've only once seen a harddrive that needed defragging under Linux. It
> was abused with a cycle that went like this:
>
> Create a large bunch of small and medium sized files and a couple of
> huge ones. Delete some and repeat hundreds of times.
>
> By the end, it couldn't sustain an 8x write on to a CD.

This is easily solved by dumping the filesystem to tape, (using
tar, or dump, or whatever you prefer) deleting
all of the files on that filesystem, and reloading the files
back from tape.

> -Ed
>
> --
> Did you know that the oldest known rock is the famous |u98ejr
> Hackenthorpe rock, which is over three trillion years |@
> old?                                                  |eng.ox
>                 -The Hackenthorpe Book of Lies        |.ac.uk

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 21 Mar 2001 17:51:04 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Shades <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Youve rested it on nothing at all.  EVIDENCE, kulkis.  Its not too
> terribly difficult a
>> concept.  I'm not about to believe anything that *anyone* says (even if I
> really want to)
>> simply because they SAY it.
>>
>> You're probably christian, arent you.

> I have seen Kulkis say some nutty things and yeah he sometimes seems blinded
> by his hatred but your one statement outdid him.  I am not a religious man
> but I don't take kindly to people who start down this road of bull.   You
> really shouldn't have said that.

Fuck you.  I despise blind belief of ANYTHING without sufficient evidence, and
that includes god.

If you dont like that I think that way, you are free to go and read something
else.

Thanks in advance,

=====.

--
"The city's all wrapped up in plastic like an electronic cocoon;
if you lay in the street you can hear it humming"

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 21 Mar 2001 17:51:44 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shades wrote:
>>
>> > Youve rested it on nothing at all.  EVIDENCE, kulkis.  Its not too
>> terribly difficult a
>> > concept.  I'm not about to believe anything that *anyone* says (even if I
>> really want to)
>> > simply because they SAY it.
>> >
>> > You're probably christian, arent you.
>>
>> I have seen Kulkis say some nutty things and yeah he sometimes seems blinded
>> by his hatred but your one statement outdid him.  I am not a religious man
>> but I don't take kindly to people who start down this road of bull.   You
>> really shouldn't have said that.

> Kulkis is kinda' the Derek Smart of this newsgroup. He's not all bad,
> but generally you can goad him into saying some pretty funny things so
> he's good for a laugh. When he doesn't let his temper get to him, he's
> actually semi-personable.

> But I had to killfile him and I recommend you do too. You
> can't/shouldn't argue with someone who's that unstable.

Kulkis didnt say that, you ignorant turd, *I* did.

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 21 Mar 2001 17:53:18 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Chad Everett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2001 16:55:26 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>You're probably christian, arent you.
>>

> What does this have to do with anything discussed in this forumn?

Quite alot actually.  But only from a handful of people who are willing to believe
anything they hear that sounds cool.

> You're probably a religious bigot who believes in Aliens and UFOs, aren't you.

I am certianly a religious bigot.  I hate most religious people.  Few exceptions.
I dont actually believe in aliens OR UFOs, though I at the same time dont entirely
discredit their possible existance.

> When did you stop beating your wife?

I'm not married, but if I were I would beat her as much as I could, and im quite
sure shed enjoy it too.

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: More FUD from Ballmer
Date: 21 Mar 2001 17:54:18 GMT

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "." wrote:
>>
>> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > Microsoft HAILSTORM....
>>
>> > Probably a fitting name, considering how much damage most Microsoft
>> > products cause.
>>
>> How much is RedHat paying you to post here?

> RedHat can't afford me.

UNIX systems engineer eh?

I bet they can.

=====.

------------------------------

From: Ian Pulsford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Kulkis not Chad, Gates (was Re Unix/Linux Professionalism)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:05:00 +1000

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Stephen S. Edwards II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Shades <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > 8<SNIP>8
>
> > First of all, Aaron R. Kulkis is considered a
> > blithering idiot by both COLA and COMNA
> > participants.  Secondly, if you think that
> > there are no irrational, childish, idiotic
> > NT advocates, then you might want to lurk
> > about on some of the various IRC nets.
>
> Actually, kulkis and chad meyers are almost exactly the same person.  Substitute
> "linux" for "windows" appropriately, and you absolutely cannot tell them
> apart.
>
> -----.

You are wrong my friend, Kulkis is in fact Bill Gates himself, doing his
own bit of astroturfing.  Who else would want to make Linux advocacy
look so bad?  Why do you think Gates stepped down from the position of
CEO: so he could post an average of about 120 posts to usenet everyday
(based on average for total posts posted by "kulkis" according to
groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) since 1 Jan this year.  Kulkis,
who claims to be a Unix Systems Engineer who is paid thousands of
dollars a day by Fortune 500 companies also claims he can post so many
messages because he works smart not hard.  I suspect he is either Bill
Gates or just some git sitting on his arse all day reading and posting
usenet.

Bill:  "Steve, post another Myers, we'll get those COLA fools riled up."

Steve:  "Whatever you say Kulkis."

(Bill and Steve ROTFLTAO)

IanP

PS.  My money is actually on Kulkis being a sad little git with too much
time on his hands.  Read the posts on groups.google.com (especially
us.military.army) and decide for yourself.  The word liar crops up way
too much.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:01:27 -0500
From: Girard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Chad Everett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > When did you stop beating your wife?
>
> I'm not married, but if I were I would beat her as much as I could, and im quite
> sure shed enjoy it too.

Since you don't have a wife, your "wife" is your schlong.  Therefore,
you're telling us you love to spank your monkey.  Be sure to beat "her"
a couple of times for the rest of the NG members!  LOL.

From: Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: GPL Like patents.
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:04:12 -0300

T. Max Devlin wrote:

> Said Roberto Alsina in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Tue, 20 Mar 2001
>     [...]
>>Perhaps you can understand that RMS and I disagree on what "basing" means.
>
> If its that simple, why do you have to keep pretending that his
> definition is somehow conflicted in ways that it frankly is not?

You still don't understand. One of the reasons I disagree with RMS's
definition of "based" is because it is arbitrary and leads to internal
conflicts and contradictions.

>  Why
> not just say "I wish that RMS's idea of 'basing' wasn't sufficient to
> make the GPL effective."  Its a lot more honest.

The meaning of "effective" depends on what your goal is. In some ways, the
GPL is not effective.

Max, don't force me to killfile you, please. You are stupid, but I have not
killfiled anyone in years.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: Ian Pulsford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:10:45 +1000

"." wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> How much is RedHat paying you to post here?
>
> > RedHat can't afford me.
>
> UNIX systems engineer eh?
>
> I bet they can.
>
> -----.

RedHat people don't hang out at gay glory holes joints anyway.

IanP