From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Kulkis not Chad, Gates (was Re Unix/Linux Professionalism)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:26:45 -0500

Martin Eden wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Aaron R. Kulkis says...
> ~snip~
> >
> >Since Mr. Everett provided an intelligent response, we can now
> >proceed.
> >

> Well by all means: don't let me keep you. Please do "proceed" Aaron. Any time
> you are ready...yawn.
>
> And when you finally decide to make good on your boast by astounding the rest of
> the participants of this group with the volume of UNIX knowledge you posess,
> perhaps you'd be good enough to clear up some other minor matters...
>
> 1. Did you actually attend the prestigious Purdue University? A colleague of
> mine can not find any record of this. (I know people who are on faculty there,
> Aaron.)

Contact Prof. Vernard Foley, University Hall.
Or Prof. Okan K. Ersoy, MSEE Building.
Or George Goble, MSEE Building.

>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=8c6b274e64219348&seekd=966017285#966017285
>
> 2. Were you a participant in the conflict between Iraq and the United Nations in
> the early 1990's? I can find no record of this anywhere. Perhaps you could tell

You obviously didn't ask the Department of Defense.

> us the name of your Batallion Commander, as well as the unit to which you were
> attached.

Colonel Hanford.

I also personally met Lt. General Pagonis.

>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&th=ca8e1038b9237b43&ic=1&seekd=946150056
>
> 3. Do you have a law degree? Before the bar of which state are you licensed to
> practice?
>

>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=89d438b080a2047e&seekd=959412843#959412843

I never claimed any such thing.

> 4. Do you actually believe that the power shortages in western North America are
> a plan by which the "communists" plan to sieze world domination? (I had to laugh
> at this one)
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&th=da1bd5c744a249d0&ic=1&seekd=954063914

Do you deny the freaking OBVIOUS that the power-shortages are caused by public
policy which was foisted upon the people of California at the behest of
environmentalists who hold Marxist sentiments?

> As nobody would know better, kook, there are many, many more lies I could bring
> up on this forum; though I think your psychosis has been lampooned enough.
>
> Anyone who has an interest in further kook study will find the archives at
> google most entertaining.
>

>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=Aaron+R+Kulkis&num=100&as_scoring=relevance&btnG=Google+Search&as_oq=&as_epq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=quick&as_qdr=&as_mind=15&as_minm=8&as_miny=2000&as_maxd=21&as_maxm=3&as_maxy=2001
>

> >> ~snip the kook's troll-sig~

How much time did you waste finding all of this????

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:29:12 -0500

"Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> : Chad Everett wrote:
> : >
> : > On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:10:13 -0500, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : > >WesTralia wrote:
> : > >>
> : > >> Ian Pulsford wrote:
> : > >> >
> : > >> >
> : > >> > PS.  My money is actually on Kulkis being a sad little git with too much
> : > >> > time on his hands.  Read the posts on groups.google.com (especially
> : > >> > us.military.army) and decide for yourself.  The word liar crops up way
> : > >> > too much.
> : > >>
> : > >> Aaron is not hard to figure out.  It's quite simple really.  Aaron
> : > >> is a Wintendo98 network dork who has been repeatedly bashed by the
> : > >> UNIX guys for years.  Finally, Aaron has set out to do something about
> : > >> this treatment and he has installed Linux on his home system.  Aaron's
> : > >> target objective is the source of his envy: to be just like the UNIX
> : > >> guys who have bashed him for being a Wintendo98 network dork.
> : > >>
> : > >> The only problem is that Aaron jumped the gun early and is still a
> : > >> Wintendo98 network dork.
> : > >>
> : > >> Aaron, there is no shame in using Windows, no shame at all.
> : > >
> : > >
> : > >You wanna discuss Unix kernal internals sometime?
> : > >
> : >
> : > Sure.  Why was the McKusick-Karels algorithm a significant improvement over
> : > the power-of-two allocator?  What is the biggest drawback that both of
> : > them have?
>
> : Before we do....
>
> : Tell us what the McKusick-Karels algorithm is, and in what way it differs
> : from the power-of-two allocator.
>
> : I have no interest in starting a conversation with a moron who is
> : just throwing out terms which he himself has not the slightest understanding.
>
> Oh how convenient of you.  It's clear to me that you
> are absolutely, undoubtedly, and inexplicably full
> of 100% pure refined grade-A shit, Kulkis.

I was merely qualifying Mr. Everett as someone interested in a legitimate
conversation, as opposed to some lame-ass trying to motivate me to go to
great pains to write explanations which will be completely ignored, other
than some 3-second response of "why?"

I don't play the string-puppet game.

Mr. Everett, unlike you, has demonstrated that he is sincerely interested
in an intelligent conversation...and thus we can now proceed to have one.

> You are a luser.  You will always be a luser.
> Now FOAD.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:30:46 -0500

"Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> : WesTralia wrote:
> : >
> : > Ian Pulsford wrote:
> : > >
> : > >
> : > > PS.  My money is actually on Kulkis being a sad little git with too much
> : > > time on his hands.  Read the posts on groups.google.com (especially
> : > > us.military.army) and decide for yourself.  The word liar crops up way
> : > > too much.
> : >
> : > Aaron is not hard to figure out.  It's quite simple really.  Aaron
> : > is a Wintendo98 network dork who has been repeatedly bashed by the
> : > UNIX guys for years.  Finally, Aaron has set out to do something about
> : > this treatment and he has installed Linux on his home system.  Aaron's
> : > target objective is the source of his envy: to be just like the UNIX
> : > guys who have bashed him for being a Wintendo98 network dork.
> : >
> : > The only problem is that Aaron jumped the gun early and is still a
> : > Wintendo98 network dork.
> : >
> : > Aaron, there is no shame in using Windows, no shame at all.
>
> : You wanna discuss Unix kernal internals sometime?
>
> You wanna make good on your intimidation, and actually

Absolutely

> establish that you are not a mouth-breathing twit who
> is wasting a perfectly good layer of human skin for
> once in your life?

Sure...name a subject, and before we start, prove to me that you
sincerely know what the fuck you are talking about by providing
a definition of the terminology in your own words.

[Any moron can drag an obscure term out of a jargon dictionary].

> I thought not.  Somehow, I'm not surprised.
>
> [snipped long-assed paranoia-rambling
>  .sig for the 9000th time]

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: What is user friendly?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:31:21 -0500

Quantum Leaper wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Quantum Leaper wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> machines
> > > with

> > > windows.

> the
> > > desktop

> of

> power
> > > auto.

> > > can't

> because
> matching.
> > > >
> > > Amazing I just tried your list test,  not *sept* but with 'dir *in*' in
> the
> > > Window directory, and had a long list of files.  Which if I read your
> > > complant correctly,  Windows should NOT have done correctly.   Sorry
> can't
> > > test it with Dos6.22,  since I don't have access to it.
> >
> > So, what's you're saying, is that it only took them 18 years to fix it.
> >
> Maybe using something other than DOS 1.0 might help.    I stated I couldn't
> TEST it on Dos6.22,  but the book I have on Dos implies that it would work.

Actual experiece with DOS 6.22 proves that it doesn't.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Unix/Linux Professionalism
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:31:42 -0500

Flacco wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You misspelled "pathological liars who infect the landscape today"
>
> You're right - but I think it was because I was distracted by your
> massive fucking sig.
>
> Seriously Aaron, do everyone a favor and lose it or trim it  :-)
>
> I know I'm not the first to mention it, but I gotta get in my "me too".

ME TOO!

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve Chaney)
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,soc.singles,alt.os.linux.redhat,comp.os.linux.redhat,linux.redhat
Subject: Re: Too expensive, too invasive  (was: Re: uh oh, redhat is gonna do it)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:33:45 GMT

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:08:44 GMT, "Flacco"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>$20 bucks per machine per month?  $360 per year for updates to a free operating
>system that the provider did not write?
>
>And RH stores your hardware and software config on its servers?
>
>They're out of their minds.
>

>Try this:
>
>$40 per YEAR for five or fewer machines in a single domain.
>
>All config data is stored locally on MY servers, not RH's.
>
>Then I'd consider it.

Agreed. The real cost here is privacy, not money. But this is the cost
of using anyone's support options.

-- Steve

===============================
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove the "-" to email me)
This site is just TOO COOL for a counter! http://www.self-acceptance.org
"As long as an enemy is judged solely by his
appearance, his victory is assured." - Outer Limits
STOP SMOKING NOW!!! ASK ME HOW!!! http://www.geocities.com/brenduh52/
The alt.bonehead.jim-dutton FAQ @ http://www.best.com/~paladin/jjd-faq.shtml
Ramalamer, 31337 h4x0r & MS Outlook user: http://www.best.com/~paladin/ramalane.shtml

------------------------------

From: Ian Pulsford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:38:18 +1000

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> I have no interest in wasting time with people who aren't interested
> in a genuine discussion.

Yet plenty of time to waste on your own disingenuous discussions.

IanP

------------------------------

From: mlw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: KDE 2.1 oopsie!
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:54:03 -0500

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> mlw wrote:
>
> >> I see, you want me to undo all the changes I have made on a _working_
> >> system just to detail exactly what I did for you.
> >
> > You are telling us you performed a procedure, something simple. You start
> > with: "rpm -i *.rpm" and claim you got no error messages, and tell use
> > Linux is not ready for prime time because you got no error messages and it
> > didn't work.
>
> I did do rpm -i *.rpm, despite your protestations otherwise.

Not without error messages and not without more command line options.

> I said Linux is _not_ ready for prime time for other reasons, not the ones
> you mention above.
>
> > This whole thread started because you claimed  knode crashed on you on KDE
> > 2.1.
>
> Because edit controls crashed.

Obviously because it was not installed correctly.

> > First you said it was the version of KDE that came with SuSE.
>
> No I didn't. I said it was KDE 2.1

I can't find the message, but you were questioned how you had SuSE with 2.1.

> > When it was
> > pointed out that SuSE does not ship with KDE 2.1 you claim to have
> > installed it with "rpm -i *.rpm." and received no error messages. When it
> > is pointed out that this is impossible, you claim you must have run "rpm
> > -U *.rpm" and received no error messages. Again, when it is pointed out
> > the you will receive error messages you try to turn it around on me for
> > asking you to repeat what you did? I did no such thing.
>
> And as someone else has pointed out, it is possible to do an rpm -i *.rpm.

But not without error messages and warnings, which you insist did not happen.

> > Sorry I don't buy it. Nothing you have said in this entire thread lends
> > any credibility to your story. You claim to be a software engineer, I have
> > no
> > reason to doubt this, but I, and most of the people I know,  would
> > remember what was done to install a package and what the warning messages
> > were, and if we were to complain about it, be able to support it.
>
> I couldn't care less wether you buy it or not. It happened. You want to
> deny it, go ahead.

I never deny properly supported facts. You just don't have any.

> As for remember what I did with a package, you remember little details like
> that do you? Sheesh, what a mass of inconsequentials!

In your case, you are wrong. Had you properly remembered what you claim to have
done, your questionable relation might have had merit. That is of course, had
it happened as you say it did in the first place.

--
I'm not offering myself as an example; every life evolves by its own laws.
========================

------------------------------

From: "Chris Bennetts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: CLI vs GUI
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:50:15 +1100

"Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> <snip>
>
> > Both camps are right, neither one should win. I really do like a system
which
> > will help me think about complex things, I also want the system to be an
> > appliance, and play a damn CD with no fuss sometimes.
>
> I'll have to say I agree, though I usually find it faster typing xmms
> from a the shell than getting it on the menu :-)

Yep, on this Win98SE/Slack7 box, under the former I have a good variety of
CLI stuff (Emacs, Bash, Elvis, ...), and use it whenever I need to get work
done. Much faster than the ever slowing Explorer, and entirely more capable.
And FWIW, when I play a CD on my PC now, I use the buttons on the drive.
Beats everything else!

--Chris

------------------------------

From: Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More FUD from Ballmer
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:22:41 -0700

Ray Chason wrote:

> http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010320S0002
>
> Long on FUD, short on specifics.  The thrust is that IBM's support
> of Linux doesn't matter much, Linux is a toy, we here at Microsoft
> can't steal^H^H^H^H^Hinnovate it, etc.
>
> --
>  --------------===============<[ Ray Chason ]>===============--------------
>          PGP public key at http://www.smart.net/~rchason/pubkey.asc
>                             Delenda est Windoze

"When asked what he thought of IBM's
huge investment in Linux, Ballmer said,
"It will have an impact, but Linux is a toy.
By IBM (stock: IBM) supporting Linux
well then it is not a toy. But does that
mean IBM and Linux will carry the day?
No way.-- "

It is a toy, it is not a toy?  Either it's a misquote or Balmer is losing
it. He can't keep his facts straight from sentence to sentence.

"Ballmer conceded that the .Net road map
is "going to take a few years to achieve.""

Just as I suspected, even Microsoft doesn't know what .Net is.

Michael Vester
A credible Linux advocate

"The avalanche has started, it is
too late for the pebbles to vote"
Kosh, Vorlon Ambassador to Babylon 5

------------------------------

From: Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Germany Denies Microsoft Ban
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:45:07 -0700

Aaron Ginn wrote:

> Charles Lyttle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Try to get JJ into a longer post. So we can do a literary analysis and
> > discover who/what Jan is. With all the one-liners its going to take a
> > while.
>
> I'm starting to suspect that JJ is actually Drestin.  I don't have any
> proof of this yet; it's just a feeling I have right now.  Some of his
> laughter, flippant one-liners.
>
> Unfortunately, until Google gets its act together and puts the usenet
> archives back up, it will be difficult to prove since Drestin hasn't
> posted here in quite a while.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Ginn                    Phone: 480-814-4463
> Motorola SemiCustom Solutions    Pager: 877-586-2318
> 1300 N. Alma School Rd.          Fax  : 480-814-4463
> Chandler, AZ 85226 M/D CH260     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Drestin has been posting on comna. He doesn't seem like the kind that
needs to change pseudonyms often. The Drestin Black identity represents a
sizable amount of effort to create and sustain.  And you can buy a CD full
of pictures of his pretty wife posing nude.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Subject: Re: Linux is like Pizza
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:55:23 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Robinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:24:44 GMT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>Ralph Miguel Hansen wrote:
>> > WAITER!!!!! What are these bugs doing in my pizza?? :)
>> >
>> It's not a bug. It's a feature.
>
>It's not a bug.  It's a topping.

It's not a bug.  It's a floor wax.

[.sigsnip]