  Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP. ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: Jarno Nurminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:03:56 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> Ah yes, anybody who doesn't support Communism is a "nazi"

How would you feel if majority of US citizens would select communism as
their new ideology? If the answer is "kill them all" then one could call
you a nazi. Modern society, at least in here, in build on the foundation
of everyone having their own oppinion heard. If you someone doesen't
like what their neighbour is thinking, it's fine, but judging people
just because of what they think is something I would call nazism. Of
course, this definiton of "nazism" is not so far away of the way USSR
worked...

- Jarno

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:51:47 -0500

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Dark Shadowy Figure on Usenet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:

> >> Your death threat has been reported to yahoo.  Sorry about that.
>
> > Hey simpleton, he wasn't threatening anyone.
>
> His intention is not important.  What yahoo thinks is important.

Translation: facts are irrelevant, as long as I can get Aaron LARTed.

>  They thanked
> me for the notice and assured me that there would be police involvement if they
> deemed it nessesary.
>
> Interesting time we live in, eh?
>
> > He was merely insinuating
> > that the person commit suicide.  It was an over-exaggeration, you stupid
> > biotch.  I wonder if you call the police every time you hear someone
> > threaten another person on TV?  Obviously, peckerheads like you never
> > heard of this thing called "freedom of speech", you old dufus-like
> > scheiskopf.
>
> I know all about freedom of speech.  I'm not forcing kulkis to stop talking,
> you idiot.

Tell you what...if you TRULY believe that I made a "death threat", then
feel free to send it to the police.

> -----.
>
> --
> "Great babylon has fallen, fallen, fallen;
> Jerusalem has fallen, fallen, fallen!
> The great, Great Beast is DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!"

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:54:48 -0500

Barry Manilow wrote:

> Ian Davey wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
> > >Remember...several MILLION Americans took an oath to defend the Constitution
> > >from all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.
>
> I suppose you are right.  I always loved the Sandinista national
> anthem, "America, Enemy of Mankind".  The US has a lot of potential

I think it's pretty funny how, the first time the Sandanistas held
an election, they got tossed out on their asses.

> but it often gets directed in the wrong way.  I gave money to the FMLN
> in El Salvador (remember them?).  Does that make me a supporter of

Translation: You're an active treason-commiting communist.

Yes, I remember those assholes.  As I recall, they went around shooting
nuns and priests for not converting to the Daniel Ortega personality cult.

> terrorism.  I supported most of the national liberation movements in
> Latin America like the Sandinistas, the FMLN, the URNG in Guatemala,
> and the MRTA in Peru, and the Chilean group that tried to assassinate
> Pinochet.  Most of these groups were trained in Cuba, by the way.  :)
> Also the Phillipine revolutionaries.  Not the Shining Path tho.  And I
> am not real wild about the Colombian guerillas.  I do, however,
> support the Mexican revolutionaries, including the EZLN.

In other words, you're just one sick, sadistic bastard, who thrives
on death, chaos, and sorrow.

When you die....nobody will care.

Hope that helps.

> As far as the US Army guys that are down there in Colombia right now,
> I agree with the Colombian rebels that they are military targets.
> Hey, you join a war, you are gonna get targeted.  I'm sorry the US has
> jumped into the Colombian game and is throwing up our good men as
> targets.  If we are going to get involved in wars, we ought to get in
> on the right side.
> > >
> > >So...when we line you up against the wall....don't forget
> > >
> > >                        I TOLD YOU SO.
> >
> I'm scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared Aaron.  :)
> --
> Bob
> Being flamed?  Don't know why?  Take the Flame Questionnaire(TM)
> today!
> Why do you think you are being flamed?
> [ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
> [ ] You started an off-topic thread
> [ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
> [ ] People don't like your tone of voice
> [ ] Other (describe)
> [ ] None of the above

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:58:08 -0500

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:10:12 GMT, Bob G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On 29 Mar 2001 19:01:49 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
> >wrote:

> >>I didn't say the airforce killed anyone on the border. It's usually up
> >>to border patrols, or the good citizens of the US.
> >
> >Your proof,  Roberto?
> >
> >No flame.  I'd really like you to produce the evidence.
> >
> >REAL numbers.
>
> Ok, this has no numbers, but should be an interesting read:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:call.army.mil/call/fmso/
> fmsopubs/issues/border/border.htm++mexican+killed+death+border
> +statistics&hl=en
>
> I give you a google cache URL because the original is missing.

There's this thing called "sovereignty".

If someone attempts to enter your country, unanounced, without making
proper contact with the appropriate authorities (customs officials,
border patrol, air traffic control), then they are a legitimate target
for those personnel charged with the DUTY of defending the border.

What's the difference between "illegal immigrants" and "invading
army" other than numbers?

> --
> Roberto Alsina

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:59:32 -0500

Andrew Manore wrote:

> "Barry Manilow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > Ah but they love Castro.  That is the part of the equation that u
> > missed.
>
> Speaking of Castro, when's that old fuck either going to dry
> up and die or get shot down by Cuban freedom-fighters?

Castro doesn't trust his citizens with firearms.

Political scientists are baffled.

> --
> Andrew Manore
> E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ICQ Number: 1004725 - "f0gger" on AOL IM
> PGP Keys: DH/DSS: 0x53345629 | RSA: 0x5856C691

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,linux.redhat.misc,alt.linux,alt.os.linux
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ian Davey)
Subject: Re: Linus for a 386????
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:16:01 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (BoogerT) wrote:
>I have a 386 with a 41 meg harddrive and 8 megs of RAM.  What would be a good
>linux distro for this machine which would allow me to access the Internet,
>too?  If there is one, where would I get it and do documents come with it?

You might have some luck with a minimal slackware distro, installing off
floppy disks, and may just fit X + something like Fvwm2 as a window manager on
there as well (though it'll be a tight squeeze). It'll be fine as long as you
don't mind browsing using lynx and using a textual email programs etc. Also be
aware of which packages you're installing and don't pick anything you don't
need.

You should look around for some of the mini linux distributions.

My first experience with Linux was a DosLinux (slackware based) install on a
100MB partition. I had quite a bit of space to spare as well and had X +
Fvwm2, though used Xmail (I think it was called) which was a graphical email
program rather than mutt and lynx for browsing. I couldn't get Netscape 2 up
and running as I didn't have the Motif libraries installed.

ian.

 \ /
(@_@)  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/ (dark literature)
/(&)\  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/libertycaptions/ (art)
 | |

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dying
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:01:59 -0500

Chad Myers wrote:

> "Ed Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > In article
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > GreyCloud  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> up,
> real-time

> > Microsoft's UK e-govt service unveiled
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/17934.html
> >
> >     In the last e-gov announcement in January, the claim was that 40
> >     per cent of government services were already online. We rooted about
> >     a bit and found out that the "target" had been met with some handy
> >     reclassification of Whitehall equipment - such as telephones being
> >     rebranded as "online media".
> >
> >     We expect even more creative statistics throughout the year.
> >
> > ===================
> >     They fail to comment that it took Redmond, Gates was promoting it
> >     himself, fifteen *weeks* to get four agencies online and they hope
> >     to eventually have 682 online.
> >
> >     Just in time for the next millenium I figure, right before the
> >     Hotmail.com conversion.
>
> Hotmail has already been converted. But you don't care about the

And yet, NO announcement.

Why is that?

> facts do you? Of course not. This makes the rest of your statements
> probably false as well, especially considering they came from the
> Register which is about as close to the definition of F.U.D. as you
> can get.
>
> -c

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Some OS security thoughts
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:05:59 -0500

"Joseph T. Adams" wrote:

> Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> : "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> : news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> : ...
> :> No e-mail package should run programs without serious user feedback. It
> : should
> :> be almost impossible to "accidentally" run a program sent via Email, even
> : then,
> :> if at all possible, the program should be run in a protected environment.
>
> : While my Unix mail prevents me from running scripts that are sent to me, the
> : way it achieves this is just to make things difficult. I'd gladly switch to
> : the first email program that let me run a script that's sent to me just by
> : clicking on it. A warning message before executing is okay, but saving it to
> : a file and running chmod before I can do anything with it isn't.
>
> Ummm . . . .
>
> How do you know it wasn't altered in transit?
>
> Are you going to inspect it first?
>
> Will it have root privileges?
>
> Are you willing to essentially trade the integrity of your system in
> order to gain a very small amount of convenience?
>
> Is it really that hard to save, chmod, inspect, and run if all looks
> OK?

You mean

save, INSPECT and *THEN* chmod.

Never chmod something you haven't inspected yet.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Martigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Poor Linux
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:23:04 GMT

Glitch wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "J Sloan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Kyle Jacobs wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, definitively Windows 2000.
> >
> > Oh please - so predictable, just parroting the party line...
> >
> >> Linux used to make my hard drive do a tap dance when performing
> >> high-memory operations (creating big pictures under GIMP), yet Windows
> >> 2000, similar software, similar application sizes.
> >
> > Of course you'd swear to the above, regardless of whether it actually
> > happened...
>
> actually that problem does happen to me when opening pics with the
> Gimp(usually with more than 2 pics but it depends on their size),
> or when i minimize NS6 or switch windows, the hard drive goes crazy for a
> few seconds.
>

> >> Windows 2000 loaded a majority of the program into psychical memory,
> >> removing what seemed to have been my other programs (even the ones I
> >> had been working in) to VRam.
>
> well Linux does that too im sure however CPU usage sure does skyrocket
> and the hard drive gets a workout when it swaps.
>

> >> Chalk it up to dynamic process resource reallocation under 2000!
> >
> > That's something Unix users have enjoyed for years.

All I can say is that NS 6 sucks!  I'd rather use 4.6!

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:08:45 GMT

"Craig Kelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> > But still, it's manually initiated. Not to mention the fact that
> > the FCC won't allow you to use your cell phone in-flight.
>
> How's NET going to communicate then?

Well, it'll be however the airline or ticketing web site implements
it, but the demos that MS showed with Expedia.com was that, when
you purchase a ticket, you check off the people you wish to be
notified of your arrival during the checkout porition of your
purchasing session. It's quite simple, really.

It knows when your arrival time is and will send out an IM at
a specific time before your arrival.

-c

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP.
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:09:51 -0500

Brian Rourke wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:46:43 -0500, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >I've yet to see the average computer user tell *ANYBODY* what they *want*
> >in a GUI...because they are to ignorant to even know what is possible...
> >and they *KNOW* they they are too ignorant to know what is possible
> >without investing the time it takes to study what makes computers tick.
> >
> >> --
>
> You put the problem pretty well.  People who don't know what the
> alternatives are can't really know what they want.  (If all I've ever
> tasted is non-dairy creamer, how can I say I prefer it to milk?)  And
> my guess is the people doing "market research" are only interested in
> putting alternatives to them that match their clients' interests, not
> the (potential) interests of the customers.  Thus a vicious circle
> forms...

Yes, it's called "the conjuror's choice"

You are ONLY allowed to choose among those things when have been
pre-approved to be selected.

The best example is Top 40 radio stations that say "we play the hits
YOU want to hear, by conducing listener polls"  What they neglect to
fix is that write-in votes are not allowed...the only songs you
can "choose" are the one's listed on their poll-sheet.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.