  Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language? (Jonathan Thornburg)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:04:38 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:05:05 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

> >> You seem to enjoy taking trips paid by taxpayers to foreign countries
> >> where you can use shiny toys to kill people.
> >
> >That's not my decision...see: CONGRESS.
>
> Are you having drafts these days? I thought the US had a volunteer
> army.

Yes.  I volounteered to uphold my DUTY, as an American citizen, to
protect the Constitution of the United States.  I held up my right hand
and swore an oath to do exactly that.

Exactly *HOW* and *WHERE* it is done is not my decision to make....I
merely make the decision to be part of the solution rather than part
of the problem.

> --
> Roberto Alsina

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 3 Apr 2001 18:08:20 GMT

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:04:38 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Roberto Alsina wrote:

>> >That's not my decision...see: CONGRESS.
>>
>> Are you having drafts these days? I thought the US had a volunteer
>> army.
>
>Yes.  I volounteered to uphold my DUTY, as an American citizen, to
>protect the Constitution of the United States.  I held up my right hand
>and swore an oath to do exactly that.

If it's a duty, it's not volunteer. Are you saying that everyone who
didn't volunteer to kill everyone the generals deem unworthy of living
is a traitor?

>Exactly *HOW* and *WHERE* it is done is not my decision to make....I
>merely make the decision to be part of the solution rather than part
>of the problem.

You are the problem. Or rather, mindless drones willing to kill without
remorse or thought are the problem. You are just pretending to be the
problem.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:08:03 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> Mathew wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >> > >
>    >> >> > > >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >> > >
>    >> >> > >    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >> > >    >>
>    >> >> > >    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >> > >    >>
>    >> >> > >    Aaron> Mathew wrote:
>    >> >> > >    >> >>
>    >> >> > >    >> >> For a person who constantly calls people"little dictators"
>    >> >> > >    >> >> and "fascists" , Aaron certainky takes the cake for
>personifying
>    >> >> > >    >> >> his own words.
>    >> >> > >    >> >>
>    >> >> > >    >> >> A product of fascist military indoctrination ,no doubt.
>    >> >> > >    >>
>    >> >> > >    Aaron> So, protecting your constitutional rights is fascist now.
>    >> >> > >    >>
>    >> >> > >    >> You have repeatedly threatened to kill people for their political
>    >> >> > >    >> beliefs.  That is not protecting their Constitutional Rights.
>    >> >> > >    >>
>    >> >> > >
>    >> >> > >    Aaron> No, I have not.
>    >> >> > >
>    >> >> > > Yes you have.  You have said that people should be killed for
>    >> >> > > merely being democrats.
>    >> >> >
>    >> >> > No.  They should be punished for committing treason.
>    >> >> >
>    >> >> > The most egregious, such as Clinton, should be executed.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> And the the totalitarin regime in Afghanistan,that happnened because Bush
>    >> >> Sr. sold their freedom down the drain?
>    >>
>    Aaron> [Note that once again, Matthew is advocating for the Communists...and
>    Aaron> he *still* claims he's not a weaselly Marxist bastard].
>    >>
>    Aaron> What freedom?  When?
>    >>
>    Aaron> Afghanistan has *NEVER* had any freedom....and in fact, has never had
>    Aaron> ANY force which represents freedom fighting for it.
>    >>
>    >> This is true, and clearly shows Reagan to have been lying
>    >> when he called the thugs he armed "Freedom Fighters".
>    >>

>    Aaron> Freedom from Communism to go their own way.
>
> Unlike you, I do not play favorites among totalitarians.

No..the United States did *NOT* choose any totalitarians in Afghanistan.

At the time we were giving support to the Afghans, there were 8 MAJOR
factions opposing the Soviets, and numerous lesser ones.

NOBODY knew which faction would consolidate when the time would come
that the Soviets would leave.

> Unlike you, I think all totalitarians suck.

So do I.

> But then, unlike you I do not wish to be a totalitarian.

At least not openly....but you keep pushing for public policy which
DEMANDS a totalitarian state for the policies to get implemented.

> And of course, unlike you, I am not a cowardly lying forger.

blah blah blah

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Eric Remy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: AMD is to Intel as "What OS" is to Windows?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:09:36 -0400

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Josiah Fizer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I recall MS handing out dev tools free at schools while IBM (viewing
>it as another source of retinue) was charging 500$ with a student
>discount.

A great example of this was during the NT4 upgrade period.  You could
buy a copy of VCC+ for something like $70 in the campus bookstore and
get a full copy of NT4 bundled free.  Compare that to the $130 cost of
just OS/2 sitting nearby, sans development tools.

Say what you will about MS: they understand it's all about the apps.

--
Eric Remy.  Chemistry Learning Center Director, Virginia Tech
"I don't like (quantum mechanics),   | How many errors can

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Things Linux can't do!
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:13:30 -0400

Toby A Inkster Esq wrote:

> In our last episode, Toby A Inkster Esq wrote:
>
> :In our last episode, Andy Walker wrote:
> :
> ::Linux can't crash at random every five minutes.
> :
> :It can is you write your own "crash daemon" and run it under root.
>         ^^ (if!)
>
> Someone countered my "crash daemon" by saying that if you expect the
> system to fail, then it hasn't *really* crashed.
>
> If I open up Netscape and point it at an HTML page that has a
> JavaScript in it to reload the same page in a new window, Netscape
> will crash (fairly quickly!). This is expected behaviour (expected by
> me, anyway), but I would still call it a crash.

Wrong...
if you expect it to fail, because you DESIGNED it to fail...AND
you own it....then it's not really a failure, because it's doing
exactly what you, the owner, intended for it to do.

> I also know that I can kill Win98 by a careful combination of
> connecting by WinModem to the net, forcibly killing (by alt-ctrl-del)
> the dialer and then checking my mail with Netscape. It works almost
> without fail and the only way to recover is by hitting reset. I think
> even Gates himself wouldn't count this as a "feature". It's a crash,
> although totally expected by myself, given the number of times I've
> had to kill the MS dialer because it was hanging.

It's only a crash if it's *not* the behavior you desire.

> -Toby Inkster ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism confession
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:15:36 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> You know...name some Communist-style government policies that
>    Aaron> you disagree with.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> Forgery alert, the original statement by the liar Mr. Kulkis was
>    >> >> "that you agree with".  He, unwilling to admit his error, chose
>    >> >> to lie.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> His original statement was in message id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> Can't think of any in the real world.
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> then you're a Communist.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> Because I do not agree with any of their policies?
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> You just said that you can't think of any that you do disagree with.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> You are a cowardly lying sack of shit.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> Please explain your "logic"?
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> Thank you for admitting that you are an enemy of the US Constitution.
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> No, that would be you, for your communist like calls for the deaths
>    >> >> >> of those that disagree with you.
>    Aaron> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> You misspelled "have contempt for the Constitution"
>    >> >>
>    >> >> No, you are lying, again.
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> This fact will be recorded for posterity.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> What you imagine to be facts and reality seldom concur.
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> Heheheheheheh
>    >> >>
>    >> >> Shut up forger.
>    >>
>    Aaron> Pot Snow Black.
>    >>
>    >> No, unlike you I tell the truth.
>
>    Aaron> Your are obviously using a definition of "truth" that is unknown to the
>rest of us.
>
> You have delusions of adequacy.

Yes, I'm always underestimating myself.

>    >> Kulkis, cowardly lying forger.  And I have the proof.
>
>    Aaron> blah blah blah.
>
> See what I mean about being cowardly?

Ever been in combat?

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Baseball
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:16:49 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Chad Everett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on 3 Apr 2001 10:39:17 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 08:51:41 GMT, T. Max Devlin
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>Said Matthew Gardiner in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 03 Apr 2001
>>>Cricket is not gay, NOW Gridiron, that is really gay, wtf is it with
>>>pads and shit? and a 15'er after each tackle for christs.  I've seen
>>>more action from a Microsoft programmer than what happens on the field
>>>in a game of Gridiron.
>>
>>[ - snip - ]
>>
>>But "gridiron" ('American football') is about *mass*, not *flexibility*,
>>that's wtf with the pads and shit.  Rugby (isn't that what you guys call
>>your version of gridiron?) is for pansies, in comparison.  You might as
>>well play soccer.
>>

>The reason rugby players don't wear pads is because they get in the way
>of touching each other's private parts while all piled up in a big
>rugby orgy of love.

There's one big difference between a scrum (?) and an orgy;
in the orgy, the participants are butt-naked. :-)

(Not that I would know from personal experience, mind you, but
I have seen one or two rugby matches on TV.)

                    I'm here, you're there, and that's pretty much it.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:21:51 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:04:38 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

> >> Are you having drafts these days? I thought the US had a volunteer
> >> army.
> >
> >Yes.  I volounteered to uphold my DUTY, as an American citizen, to
> >protect the Constitution of the United States.  I held up my right hand
> >and swore an oath to do exactly that.
>
> If it's a duty, it's not volunteer.

Wrong.  It's a MORAL duty, as opposed to a legal obligation.

>                                       Are you saying that everyone who
> didn't volunteer to kill everyone the generals deem unworthy of living
> is a traitor?

I like Heinlein's idea that only those who give service to their
country should be allowed the full rights of citizenship.

it would limit the political power of the parasites.

> >Exactly *HOW* and *WHERE* it is done is not my decision to make....I
> >merely make the decision to be part of the solution rather than part
> >of the problem.
>
> You are the problem. Or rather, mindless drones willing to kill without
> remorse or thought are the problem.

Actually, there are all sorts of rules and limits placed on soldiers.
Geneva Convention, Theater Commander's and local commander's rules
of engagement, international law, etc.

Any American soldier who "kills without thought" is going to find
himself on a VERY fast ride to the prison at Fort Leavenworth, spending
his remaining days turning Big rocks into little rocks, little rocks
into tiny rocks, tiny rocks into dust, and then turning the dust back
into big rocks.

(Hard labor doesn't necessarily mean *useful* labor)

>                                      You are just pretending to be the
> problem.

The power to declare war is SOLELY in the hands of Congress.

Congress is elected according to the laws of the US Constitution.

If you don't like a war that we get into...then the source of the
problem, ultimately, is your neighbors.

Hope that helps.

> --
> Roberto Alsina

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:23:07 -0400

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Chad Everett
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on 3 Apr 2001 10:39:17 -0500
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 08:51:41 GMT, T. Max Devlin
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Said Matthew Gardiner in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 03 Apr 2001
> >>
> >>[ - snip - ]
> >>
> >>But "gridiron" ('American football') is about *mass*, not *flexibility*,
> >>that's wtf with the pads and shit.  Rugby (isn't that what you guys call
> >>your version of gridiron?) is for pansies, in comparison.  You might as
> >>well play soccer.
> >>

> >The reason rugby players don't wear pads is because they get in the way
> >of touching each other's private parts while all piled up in a big
> >rugby orgy of love.
>
> There's one big difference between a scrum (?) and an orgy;
> in the orgy, the participants are butt-naked. :-)

The butt-naked orgy is AFTER the game.

It's a rugby tradition of long standing.

> (Not that I would know from personal experience, mind you, but
> I have seen one or two rugby matches on TV.)
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random misquote here
> EAC code #191       57d:05h:47m actually running Linux.
>                     I'm here, you're there, and that's pretty much it.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jonathan Thornburg)
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,misc.invest.stocks,comp.arch
Subject: Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language?
Date: 3 Apr 2001 20:31:31 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>modern "RISC-based" CPUs are indistinguishable
>from modern "CISC-based" CPUs.

In article <9a5cl7$mlu$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Mats Olsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> pointed out that
>    Almost indistinguishable. The "CISC" ones have a CISC->RISC translation
>stage when code is loaded from memory. Costs a bit, but nowadays more than
>offset by being on the leading edge process wise.

The article
   http://www.realworldtech.com/insider/RISC-vs-CISC-1.cfm
   "RISC vs. CISC Still Matters"
   By Paul DeMone, Feb 13, 2000
gives a nice introduction to this.

--
-- Jonathan Thornburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.thp.univie.ac.at/~jthorn/home.html