  Re: Something like Install Shield for Linux? (Bob Hauck)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:40:03 -0400

silverback wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 08:42:18 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >silverback wrote:

>the
>question
>government
>dishonest

> >> the payment to the grocer is not taxation you dumb fuckwit.
> >
> >Very good.  That would be taxes for services.
>
> no
>

> >But progressive income taxes are NOT taxes for services.
>
> yes they are moron. The rich obtain more benefits from the government
> than the poor. Maybe we should tax you for police protection on the
> dollar value of yer holdings instead.
>   Same for fire protection. Same for the use of roads.
> >

> >> The rich should pay a far greater % of their income to taxes than the
> >> poor. The poor should be exempt from all taxation.
> >
> >So, you're saying that taxes should be used as an  wealth transfer
> >mechanism, from the productive, to the parasites.
>
> Anyone with an income over a million should be taxed at 95% of any
> income over that no exemptions  at all.
>   Those making less than a livable wage should not be taxed at all and
> should recieve a kicker to bring their income up to a livable level.

Translation: SLIVERDICK is a lifelong PARASITE.

> >And this is different from theft from the productive for the
> >parasites, how, exactly?
>
> there is no theft moron. Shut the fuck up and pay yer taxes or get the
> fuck out. This country doesn't need yer kind.

Ok...how about all the people like me leave...

Who will pay the taxes so that welfare parasites like you can continue
        to remain the lazy-ass rejects that you are

Who will you call when some other parasite breaks into your house and
        steals your worthless shit...becaus all the police will be gone.

What will you do when Mexico decides to invade, because compared to
them, your miserable welfare existance is a life of luxury....and
all the military people have left.

Yep, that's right, sliverdick...you might have to actually get your
lazy ass out of the house and WORK.

Therefore, be careful of what you ask for...you just might get it...

PARASITE!

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism confession
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:40:40 -0400

chrisv wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >The question is irrelevant to Mr. Kulkis' cowardly forging and lying
> >to try and coverup his own silly mistake.
>
> "Try" he did.  Succeed, he did not.  Kulkis has been OUTED!  LOL!

Wrong.  ahall is the one who committed the forgery.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:42:38 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:14:41 GMT, chrisv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >"Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>Sun Tzu, you ain't.
> >
> >Twisting and writhing in the wind.  Anything, ANYTHING rather than
> >just "answering the damn question."
> >

> OK, OK.  I know.  Kulkis is using rn on a Sun 3/60 running SunOS 4.2.
> He's rounded up the rn source and re-compiled it to look like
> Mozilla on a Win98 box, although he swears up and down that he

Something like that.  The details are wrong, but you grasp the
basic idea.

> is running SuSE linux on a AMD 500MHZ machine.

Actually, I do also have a SuSE 6.4 machine.  I'll be building
another shortly, and putting 7.1 on both, and then adding clustering
stuff.

> Won't be long before we start hearing how Kulkis went to MIT:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/nr/2001/ocw.html

I got my education at Purdue.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Brian Langenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: do penguins like fish?
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:45:32 +0000 (UTC)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: So far I've seen three products with the word "fish" in them:
:   blowfish, twofish (both encryption systems) and sawfish (a window manager)
:
: Is there some private joke I don't know about?

The encryption schemes likely aren't Linux-inspired.  As for sawfish,
that one was picked because the original name (sawmill) was taken
by a commercial app, whereas "sawfish" wasn't used by anything
(and it was very close to the original name).  That penguins like
fish was merely a happy coincidence :)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:45:48 GMT

On 05 Apr 2001 23:22:41 -0600, Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck) writes:
>> On 05 Apr 2001 09:38:42 -0600, Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >Of course not, but at least republicans go after Microsoft with the
>> >intent of restoring a free market, and not with some loony class-war
>> >redistribution of wealth fanaticism.
>>
>> No, that fanaticism would result in selling off Microsoft and giving
>> the money to the poor.  As opposed to the loony Republican turn the
>> country into an corporate oligarchy fanaticism.
>

>Clue:  Selling off Microsoft entirely would eliminate 27,000 jobs
>directly and countless other thousands indirectly.  They need to halt
>their predatorial conduct, or be placed in a situation in which they
>are unable to wield a monopoly club -- but they should not be sold off
>(who would buy it?  Time/Warner?  Hmmmm.)

Apparently fanatics have _no_ sense of humor and their knees jerk really
hard when tapped.

Really, I was responding to your supposition that the Republicans
somehow have more "pure" motives for wanting the MS monopoly under
control in contrast to the evil strawman you seem to have erected over
the other party's position.

If the Democrats were really into "loony class-war fanaticism" then
they would be proposing my idea.  But they aren't.  Is my point clear
enough now?  Now, how about you and Kulkis go off and debate whether
they want our bodily fluids or just an anal probe.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Codem Systems, Inc.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Entry-level *ix positions??
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:49:50 -0400

WesTralia wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > "Bryant Charleston, MCSE" wrote:
> > >
> > > What kinds of position are there for folks wanting to get into *ix network
> > > administration? Are they the same as w/the Windows OSes (LAN or desktop
> > > support, PC tech, helpdesk, etc.) ???
> > >
> > > Now that I have an MCSE (NT4), I'm moving in the Linux (RH7) direction and
> > > I'm wondering how getting started in the *ix field compares to it's Windows
> > > counterpart (w/respect to networking). Any comments would be appreciated.
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Well, first, you have to actually understand how Unix works.
> >
> > I suggest getting yourself a couple of machines destined for the
> > trash heap, and install some version of Linux, or Solaris (downloadable
> > from http://www.sun.com/, network them together, and experiment.
> >

> And once you get your UNIX network all setup be sure to change the
> X-Mailer header string in your news reader.  This will give you firewall
> like security if you ever surf the net from your new network.  Also,
> once you get your UNIX sys admin job, remember to never use the web
> browser on the local machine at work.

Not *POSTING* USENET NEWS from a client's machine != never browsing from
a client's machine.

Hope that helps.

>                                         Always use a modem to dial-up
> your (remote) home machine and then do a remote login.  Once you
> are logged in you can pull up your web browser across the slow modem
> connection from the remote machine to your local machine at work.

Usenet news activity doesn't require a high speed connection.

9600 bits/second is quite sufficient.

> The reason you wnat to do this is for security!  Remember that your
> news reader at home has the X-Mailer string changed so as to provide
> you with security when surfing the net.

What OS am I running?
What newsreader am I using?

> Are you getting any of this?

Yeah...you don't understand the first thing about camoflauge.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: Something like Install Shield for Linux?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:52:31 GMT

On Fri, 06 Apr 2001 05:06:56 GMT, Kelsey Bjarnason
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>"Bob Hauck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> But the question is, can an end-user get that stuff as he can with
>> RPM.  And if he can, how?  I for one would like to know how to at least
>> get a list of files and registry keys that were installed.
>
>Depends.  MSI - Microsoft's new installation file format, exposes a list of
>everything which could be installed; you can snarf a copy of the MS "Orca"
>tool to examine the MSI files.

So the short but non-buzzword-compliant answer is "not with the tools
they give the end user".  You have to go get some utilities from MS,
and they work on the new format but not the old.

Which means that the answer is really "not for most current packages".
Which explains why there are so many install spy utilities around I
guess.

>One big difference between this technology and previous install technology
>is that "is installed" takes on something of a vague meaning; in a lot of
>cases, while the product is "installed", perhaps only a meg or two of it are
>actually copied to the machine - the rest can be faulted in as needed.

Works great until the network is down or the disk is full.  Then you've
created a whole new class of errors.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Codem Systems, Inc.