From: "Roger Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:53:27 -0700

Well, Roberto, you obviously aren't seeking intelligent conversation but
want to show your ass.  So you are dismissed.  You may talk to others if
they wish but not to me.  You had my respect at the start but your posts
have gotten more childish as they move along.  I really don't have time to
try and bring you up to an intelligent level.  This doesn't mean you have
made your point.  It merely means I have run out of patience with you.

Roger
AIRBORNE!

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 01:55:46 GMT

Roger Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Roberto, your immature responses are starting to bore.  Are you 15 or so?
>You talk that way.  One last time, if you want to discuss with adults, act
>like one.  If you want to act like aaron I"ll killfile you too.

Well, I am unable to act as a gun nut, so I'm safe from that.

>Your obvious bias against the US ignores the many, many good things this
>country has done for others over the years.

Your obvious bias for the US ignores the many, many bad things that country
has done for others over the years.

I know the good things the US has done. I also know the bad things.
Do you see me chanting "kill yankee"? You, however, seem to be
willfully blind to the bad side.

>  Such as fighting Europe's wars
>but going home when they were over.
>  I know of damn few nations who give
>back what they have bled for.  What is your country? Let's try alittle
>one-sided analysis of it for awhile.

Well, let's put it this way: It's large, south of you, you know crap
about it. That leaves about 120?

My country has done its share of stupid and evil stuff. However,
I am against my country doing stupid, evil stuff, and I believe
my country shouldn't have done that evil, stupid stuff.

And for some reason, whenever my country has done stupid, evil
stuff, some nutcase who loves guns was in charge of the evil&stupid
department.

So, excuse me if I feel no sympathy for the uniformed.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alan)
Subject: Re: Hey, JS PL was Re: Microsoft abandoning USB?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:56:06 GMT

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:24:04 -0400, "JS PL" <jspl@jsplom> wrote:

>Yeah right. You meant download from your CDROM drive. Excuse me...I need to
>download a program from my D drive.
>
>You don't think anyone is dumb enough to believe your "I meant download from
>my cd" bullshit do you?
>
>In case you actually DONT know the correct way to use the term "download"
>here you go:
>
><paste>
> download v : transfer a file or program from a central computer to a
>smaller computer or to a computer at a remote location [ant: upload]
>Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University
></paste>

Thanks for pointing that out. I believe I had mentioned, if not in my
original post on this thread, at least in some other thread on ADM is
that I am not a programmer, just a user. A very frustrated MS user.

Now, why are you still trying to obfuscate?  The original point was
that I, a non programmer, was able to troubleshoot a video card
without throwing away the video card because I installed IE.  BTW, how
much did you pay for the Viper550? I understand they were going for
about $150 in early 99.

Try to shift the thread as much as you want, you still haven't
answered the question.  Why did you throw away a perfectly good $150
video card (at the time) rather than do a simple amount of research to
find the solution to the problem for free?  You spent more time
looking up the word "download" off of wordnet, so you are obviously
not as stupid as your previous posts indicate.

**   NOTICE:  In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed, without profit, for research and educational purposes only.   ***

------------------------------

From: "Stephen S. Edwards II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: XP = eXPerimental
Date: 7 Apr 2001 01:56:54 GMT

Shun Yan Cheung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

: In article <9al6fp$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
: The Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >
: >X-rated Porn?

: Are there any non-X-rated Porn ? :-)

There actually is softcore porn.  But
all you ever see is a bunch of moaning
faces, and elbows, and such...

...err... uhm... uh, so I've heard.

* Stephen quickly tosses 1000's of
  XXX videos into a nearby closet...

------------------------------

From: "Roger Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:56:42 -0700

You seem to want to jump to conclusions, Roberto.  I didn't say my country
wasn't wrong in some things.  That is a conclusion you jumped to.  And, as I
stated in an earlier post, you are getting boring and childish so this is
the end of our discussion since you seem determined to both put words in my
mouth and make childish statements as fact.

------------------------------

From: "2 + 2" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.arch
Subject: Re: .NET, JIT, IA64 (was: Re: IA32, was an advocacy rant)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:39:26 -0400

George Coulouris wrote in message <9akmvc$97$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>Isn't the big question how Intel new McKinley chip will work with .NET's
>>execution engine or Just In Time compilers? This is a kind of
componentized
>>assembly language (Intermediate Language) that the .NET?
>[snip]
>
>IMHO, this question reduces to whether or not the .NET JIT will perform
>runtime optimizations analogous to those performed by HP's Dynamo [1].
>
>If I put on my Micrsoft-colored glasses, .NET seems to:
>
>1. provide a runtime which is architecture-independent (ia32, ia64, mips,
>sh3, et al.),
>
>2. provide a runtime which is potentially OS-independent, making it easy to
>move the MS application base to other OSes (DOJ insurance?),
>
>3. provide a mechanism for extracting better performance out of IA64,
>
>4. move Microsoft towards a renting/leasing/subscription revenue model.

Software as a service started on the server side, partly to counter the
popularity of "shrink wrapped" software.

Now that Microsoft has followed the market, then it becomes a tool of the
devil to certain subgroups.

Consider: "n-tier" development gives great flexibility where functionality
resides physically. E.G., the database tier can be connected by a T-I line
right into a company's physical control (A).

The workflow processing might be an app that is "rent-licensed" on a
vendor's computer either under the control of the vendor (B) or on a
dedicated server at company A.

The business logic might be at on an outsourced web site at still another
vendor, ie web host, facility C.

Licensing practices might vary depending on:

1.  what tech support is provided, ie web hosting companies are good at 24/7
operations with web site stuff even if on dedicated servers or not.

2.  what app tech support is provided by a workflow app vendor including
upgrades without causing training expense to the customer.

>Will be interesting to see how it all pans out for them.
>
>[1] http://www.hpl.hp.com/cambridge/projects/Dynamo/

Nice link. I took it here:

"Compilers
Compiler research has come a long way in the past few years.  In fact, it
has come so far that next-generation architectures like Intel's IA-64 (which
I talk about here) depend wholly on the compiler to order instructions for
maximum throughput; dynamic, OOO execution is absent from the Itanium. The
next generation of architectures (IA-64, Transmeta, Sun's MAJC) will borrow
a lot from VLIW designs.  VLIW got a bad wrap when it first came out,
because compilers weren't up to the task of ferreting out dependencies and
ordering instructions in packets for maximum ILP.  Now however, it has
become feasible, so it's time for a fresh dose of the same medicine that
RISC dished out almost 20 years ago: move complexity from hardware to
software."
http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/4q99/risc-cisc/rvc-6.html#Compilers

This shows the importance of the PAL (Platform Abstraction Layer) where one
side of the layer is the interface to the programming language and the other
layer interface is the CPU.

Sun will work with integrating MAJC with the Java PAL.

Microsoft will work with integrating IA-64 with the .NET PAL.

2 + 2

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 01:57:33 GMT

Roger Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>War is not funny.  Either starting them or having to finish them.  Neither
>are they simple, which you seem to think.

You obviously have a very simplistic view of reality, or have lived a very
sheltered life, if you think uniformed goons supported by the US only kill
in wars.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Roger Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:57:21 -0700

Ah, but I will you.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Goldhammer)
Subject: Re: Why does Open Source exist, and what way is it developing?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:59:15 GMT

On Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:44:25 +0000,
Karel Jansens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Well, I'm most certainly not a die-hard Darwin fan (although I do
>recognize the old chap for the genius he was)

Darwin was a genius? Everyone says this. Why? He was,
in fact, an extremely poor, sloppy thinker - completely
unscientific and highly prone to fantasy. To me, it is
a mystery why people heap endless posthumous glorification
on such an inept mind. Even a light, cursory reading of
Darwin's 'Descent of Man' should be sufficient to convince
any reasonably intelligent reader that Darwin was a scientific
fraud, a farce, a "scientific genius" in the same sense that
Marx, Freud, and Ayn Rand were "scientific geniuses."

>and I spit on animal rights activists (as long as there are
>still violations of human rights to defend, I couldn't care
>less about some lizard going extinct; and all animal lovers
>should be locked up in some Chinese of South-American
>torture cell.

Why do people think in terms of such dichotomies? How
is it that being concerned about animals automatically
excludes one from being concerned about human rights?

--
Don't think you are. Know you are.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 01:59:38 GMT

Roger Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>(sigh)  And your statement is ignorant, not provocative.  A mob has not
>control.  An army uses controlled violence for political ends.

Pfft. Selling protection is not done by "a mob". It's done by "the mob".
Not the same thing.

>  I say again,
>if you are going to post here at least do some reading.  You obviously have
>not idea of what an army's position is in the political process and your
>history is skewed as well.

Have you ever lived under martial law? State of siege?

>Really, Roberto, you should lurk and learn alittle before you try and take
>an ignorant stand.  You would look less foolish.  You seem to be
>intelligent, ignorance is the state of not knowing.

You have lived a sheltered life, Roger boy.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 02:00:35 GMT

"Roberto Alsina"

> Erm. Excuse me, but I am not the one who sees no wrong in everything my
> country has done in the past, that would be you. Strangely enough, I see
> that some men in my country were pricks. Those men's speeches were a lot
> like yours. Those men's politics were a lot like yours. Those men's
> love of guns was a lot like yours.

LOL!!!  You are a riot.  You have no idea about Roger's politics or about
his stand on guns.  The truth might just surprise you.  You assume much too
much.

> Those men went to an academy sponsored by your employer.

LOL!!!  You don't even know who Roger's employer is.  Again you assume too
much.

> I see a connection. Apparently you don't.

You see little.  You assume much.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 02:01:10 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"
>
>> Almost nothing in the bible is "suitably confirmed". Or you believe they
>checked
>> for historical references on the parting of the red sea?
>
>Yet you use it.

Where did I use the parting of the red sea for anything?

>If you truly believe what you just posted above, you use of
>the Bible in an attempt to bolster your arguments speaks volumes about you.

I'd say it speaks louder about anyone that bothers about what the bible says,
really.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 02:03:02 GMT

Roger Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Well, Roberto, you obviously aren't seeking intelligent conversation but
>want to show your ass.  So you are dismissed.  You may talk to others if
>they wish but not to me.

Or?

>You had my respect at the start but your posts
>have gotten more childish as they move along.  I really don't have time to
>try and bring you up to an intelligent level.  This doesn't mean you have
>made your point.  It merely means I have run out of patience with you.

Run, chicken, run!
Come back when you learn how to post correctly. Sheesh!

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 02:04:03 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"
>
>> >100 times more likely?  Where do you get your stats or is this just an
>> >ignorant, emotional statement?
>>
>> Well, I answered that in another post. It's an extremeley conservative
>> number.
>
>You have still failed to answer the question at hand.  Where did you get
>your statistics?

Well, did you read the other post? You know, the one where the answer
is? Not this one, the other one. Yes that one. Good boy!

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 02:06:47 GMT

Roger Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You seem to want to jump to conclusions, Roberto.  I didn't say my country
>wasn't wrong in some things.

Yet whenever something wrong your country did is brought up, you
sidestep it with "war is legal" and "that was in the benefit of
the US".

>That is a conclusion you jumped to.

Actually, that's a conclusion I reach from reading your posts.

> And, as I stated in an earlier post, you are getting boring and
> childish so this is the end of our discussion since you seem
> determined to both put words in my mouth and make childish statements
> as fact.

And you can't even post coherently. So why should I care?

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 7 Apr 2001 02:09:17 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"
>
>> Erm. Excuse me, but I am not the one who sees no wrong in everything my
>> country has done in the past, that would be you. Strangely enough, I see
>> that some men in my country were pricks. Those men's speeches were a lot
>> like yours. Those men's politics were a lot like yours. Those men's
>> love of guns was a lot like yours.
>
>LOL!!!  You are a riot.  You have no idea about Roger's politics or about
>his stand on guns.  The truth might just surprise you.  You assume much too
>much.

His politics are obvious from his posts. He claims to be in the army.
Do you know many men who hate guns and join the army?

>> Those men went to an academy sponsored by your employer.
>
>LOL!!!  You don't even know who Roger's employer is.  Again you assume too
>much.

IIRC, he claims to be in the US armed forces? I may be confusing him with
someone else, though.

>> I see a connection. Apparently you don't.
>
>You see little.  You assume much.

Could be.

--
Roberto Alsina