From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Basement Boy: Aka Aaron Koookis
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:50:56 -0400

WesTralia wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Donn Miller wrote:

> > > I don't understand it anyways.  How does changing your headers to make
> > > it look like you're running Windows 98 provide more security?  If
> >
> > Ask the army why they camoflauge their tanks, and get back to me.
> >

> You poor little fleeb, you have been OUTED!  LOL!

Yeah, just like Patton.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:51:25 -0400

WesTralia wrote:

> mmnnoo wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "WesTralia"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Well Aaron, the obvious has become VERY obvious.  You my friend, are a
> > > Windows 98 only user.  There is no camouflage, there is no security
> > > through obfuscation, there is no header string being changed, and there
> > > is certainly no truth to your shoddy claim.
> > >

> > > You see Aaron, if YOU could change the X-Mailer: as we have requested,
> > > you would have changed the string.  Your ego is too big not to do so.
> > > If YOU could change that string you would have changed it a million
> > > times by now. Your ego is too big not to do so.
> > >
> > > It must be pretty embarrassing for you to have all the REAL Unix users
> > > in  this group freely changing their X-Mailer strings at will, yet poor
> > > little Aaron cannot.
> > >
> > > The fat lady is singing, LOUDLY!
> > >
> > > (Aaron Kulkis - convicted full-time Windows 98 user)
> >
> > This ranting of yours isn't exactly dignified, either
>
> This is none of your business little man, now scram!

That's something a loser would say.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:56:59 -0400

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Sun, 08 Apr 2001 11:30:57 -0400
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> >>
> >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>  wrote
> >> on Sat, 07 Apr 2001 18:53:21 -0400

> >> I'd be surprised if you didn't also program in sh/bash.  (Did
> >
> >Most of my ksh code will run under sh/bash.
>
> Oh, right -- forgot about ksh.  I rarely use it, myself.
> If I need something sh/bash/awk/sed can't handle, I pretty much
> jump straight into PERL.
>

> >> you touch VMS DCL at all?)  Also, have you conspicuously
> >> avoided x86 for any particular reason?  I've dabbled in it
> >
> >Yeah..
> >1. fucking HATE the x86 instruction set.
>
> Can't say I'm thrilled with it either.
>
> >2. I never had any reason to program in it.
>
> Back in the late 80's, Apollo computers introduced a new computer (8800?)
> with the then-advanced concept of pipelining, and at that point
> somebody -- I forget precisely who -- made the statement that
> compilers would probably optimize the code better than human
> coders working in assembly.  Of course, nowadays we are using G++,
> whose back end may or may not be aware of issues such as pipeline
> stalling and instruction prefetch for various microprocessors (I
> don't know, offhand).
>
> And then there's Java, which is about as far away from assembly/
> microcode as one can get. :-)
>
> Assembly might become a lost art....

Personally, it's still my favorite type of programming...

followed by microcoding.

Because elegance and efficiency are closely tied at that level.

> >> myself -- bodgy processor!  Even the 1802 had more sensible
> >> register allocation -- and that's an old 8-bit micro which
> >> was so slow a PDP-8 could probably beat it.  :-)  But it was
> >> fun to work with for flashing LED's. :-)
> >>
> >> Mind you, the 6502 was even more quirky than the x86.
> >> (Zeropage,X) and (Zeropage),Y?  Sheesh.
> >>
> >> Hmm, maybe I answered my own question. :-)
> >>

> [rest snipped]
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random misquote here
> EAC code #191       3d:01h:28m actually running Linux.
>                     Yes, uptime & wall clock aren't in synch; I don't know why.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:59:06 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> >> Twenty minutes with it will not reveal what you need though
> >
> >That's for sure.  I found the reference to "X-Mailer" in a #define,
> >but it wasn't used anyway else in the code!  I found where a
> >UNAME macro is used, and a few other clues, but still haven't
> >found where the posting host string is assembled.
> >
> >Will look later, when time allows.
> >
> >Chris
> >

> You're barking up the wrong tree.  Just get slrn source on linux
> and modify the headers it assembles and make it look like you
> are runnning Mozilla.

there ya' go, revealing seekrits again.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:59:44 -0400

Chris Street wrote:

> On 9 Apr 2001 09:08:26 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad
> Everett) wrote:

> >>That's for sure.  I found the reference to "X-Mailer" in a #define,
> >>but it wasn't used anyway else in the code!  I found where a
> >>UNAME macro is used, and a few other clues, but still haven't
> >>found where the posting host string is assembled.
> >>
> >>Will look later, when time allows.
> >>
> >>Chris
> >>

> >You're barking up the wrong tree.  Just get slrn source on linux
> >and modify the headers it assembles and make it look like you
> >are runnning Mozilla.
> >

> Sorry.
>
> The point I was making, which seemd to be what was claimed was that
> the header is contained as a string in the build. It isnt - not even
> any part of it. For example, you can grep the entire release and Win98
> only occurs once - in a programmers remark. The string isn't there to
> be found, so aaron needs to tell use how he did it.......

What makes you think I'm REALLY using Mozilla?

> 79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
> The other 42% are made up later on.
> In Warwick - looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:02:05 -0400

Chris Street wrote:

> On 9 Apr 2001 13:42:01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad
> Everett) wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 18:40:16 GMT, Chris Street
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>Did I say it as hard? Don't recall that. I merely said that running a
> >>grep on the files as Kulkis seemed to suggest would not yield what you
> >>were after. I fail to see what the problem is
> >>

> >Grep is all I used.  He never suggested grep'ing for "Win98".  He just
> >suggested using grep.  Doing a "grep -i 'X-mailer'" on the source files
> >will find what you need to find.
> >

> I think he implied that you would find what you wanted by greping for
> the string.

I implied no such thing.

I said "grep is your friend"

That was a *hint*, not an authoritative answer.  Note that I
made NO mention of what to grep *for*.

That was left as an exercise for the reader.

>            Obviously false. However if a poor windoze user like
> myself, who lasted used C twelve years ago could find it by a little
> lateral thought by searching for X-mailer then I'm sure Kulkis could.
>
> 79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
> The other 42% are made up later on.
> In Warwick - looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:06:21 GMT

   silverback> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:24:34 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
   >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   >> Goldhammer wrote:

   >>> Hmm. Sounds like communism.
   >>
   >> Precisely.
   >>
   >> Communism and Fascism are merely different sides of the same coin.

   silverback> bullshit you lying sack of shit. Fascism is the polar opposite of
   silverback> communism. They have nothing in common.

They have brutal totalitarianism in common.  Next to that commonality,
other differences fade into irrelevance.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:04:15 -0400

Jan Johanson wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > ALL newsreader software that has an ID string has it embedded
> > within the source code.  It's a simple matter or editing it with
> > vi and running make to disguise both the newsreader and the OS.
> >
> > And since on Linux...you have the source code....
> >
> > Well, I'll leave the rest as an exercise for the reader.
> >

> Hey fuck head - yea you, dildo breath.

> a Mac instead.
> Should be effortless for a l33t programmer like yourself.

Why would **I** want to do that?

> If you can do that I'll believe a tiny fraction of what you say.

*CAN* != WILL.

Hope that helps.

> If you cannot or will not that you are a fucking liar and we've all known it
> forever.

on my command, JUMP!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:12:23 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

[...]

> > Assembly might become a lost art....
> >

> Personally, it's still my favorite type of programming...
> followed by microcoding.
>
> Because elegance and efficiency are closely tied at that level.

I think I am going to be sick!