  Re: New virus attacks Linux and MS OS ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (silverback)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:12:13 GMT

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:35:37 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>silverback wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:22:42 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sam A. Kersh)
>> wrote:

>> >I've come to the conclusion based on silverback's posts over the last
>> >year that he is a closet communist.  He touts "welfare" aka
>>
>> and yer wrong again fuckhead
>>
>> >redistribution of wealth through "progressive taxation."  Falsely call
>>
>> sorry progressive taxation is not redistribution
>
>So you would have no problem with your grocer charging you more
>for a pound of ground beef every time you get a raise.

sorry fuckhead beef purchases is not taxation. Anyone making over 500K
needs to be taxed at 95% with zero deductions.

>--
>Aaron R. Kulkis
>Unix Systems Engineer
>DNRC Minister of all I survey
>ICQ # 3056642
>
>K: Truth in advertising:
>       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
>       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
>       Special Interest Sierra Club,
>       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
>       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
>       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
>       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
>

>J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
>   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
>   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
>
>I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
>   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
>   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
>   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
>
>H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
>    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
>    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
>    you are lazy, stupid people"
>
>G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
>

>F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
>   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
>E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
>   her behavior improves.
>
>D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
>   ...despite (C) above.
>
>C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
>
>B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
>   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
>   direction that she doesn't like.
>
>A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

GDY Weasel
emailers remove the spam buster

For those seeking enlightenment visit the White Rose at

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/whiterose.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (silverback)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism - Nazism... no significant differences
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:35:07 GMT

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:16:27 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mathew wrote:

>> > In other words, a distinction without a difference.
>>
>> Of  course there were differences between Nazism and Communism
>> When the Nazis were fighting to take over the world(or as much of it they
>> could)how was  it different than the  Communists scheme to take over the
>> world?
>
>Thank you for admitting that there is no significant difference
>between Nazism and Communism.

wrong again fuckhead. There are no similarities between the two other
than both are totalitarian systems. Other than that they are polar
opposites with fascism being nothing more than a capitalistic economy
based on social darwinism.

>--
>Aaron R. Kulkis
>Unix Systems Engineer
>DNRC Minister of all I survey
>ICQ # 3056642
>
>K: Truth in advertising:
>       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
>       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
>       Special Interest Sierra Club,
>       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
>       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
>       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
>       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
>

>J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
>   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
>   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
>
>I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
>   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
>   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
>   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
>
>H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
>    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
>    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
>    you are lazy, stupid people"
>
>G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
>

>F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
>   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
>E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
>   her behavior improves.
>
>D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
>   ...despite (C) above.
>
>C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
>
>B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
>   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
>   direction that she doesn't like.
>
>A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

GDY Weasel
emailers remove the spam buster

For those seeking enlightenment visit the White Rose at

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/whiterose.htm

24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.shareware.programmer,comp.editors,comp.lang.java.help,comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.java.softwaretools,comp.os.linux.development.system
From: Tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Need your recommendation for a full-featured text editor
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:41:20 -0500

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Knowledge Seeker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a full-featured yet easy to use text editor to
> replace Notepad.  Ideally, I would like a tool that is cross-platform
> or has versions for Win98 and Linux.  The main platform requirement
> would be Win98 and the nice-to-have platform is Linux.
>
> There seem to be a plethora of choices that might work:
> UltraEdit
> TextPad
> EditPlus

I have tried UltraEdit, TextPad, EditPlus, and my recommendation is
EditPlus. (Actually, it's the only shareware I actually paid for)
The interface is simple and uncluttered, yet it has plenty of powerful
features.

> WinEdit
> Multi-Edit
> Zeus
> CRiSP
>
> Right now I am leaning to UltraEdit but I have not done a true
> rigorous evaluation.  I would definitely like to hear from anybody
> that has done a true objective comparative evaluation of these
> products (or others that I have not listed).
>
> My actual requirements are:
>
> Must haves:
> 1.    Syntax highlighting (with color and or font) for HTML and Java

EditPlus supports syntax highlighting for a plethora of file types.  If
Editplus doesn't come with the syntax highlighting for a particular file
type, you can download it seperately from their website (www.editplus.com)
or write your own syntax file.  You can even choose the colors you want
for it.

> 2.    Robust cut and paste including row, AND column AND block
> capabilities

EditPlus supports row select and column select.  you can undo your edits
as much as you have modified.

> 3.    Split and join functions based on margin or specified column

Split and join functions are available.  splits according to what word
wrap settings you have enabled.  You can have the word wrap method set to
wrap after a certain format column number you choose, or have it wrap
around at the edge of the window.

> 4.    Ability to intelligently remove prefix characters (i.e. ">") and
> re-format text to new margins keeping paragraphs intact (i.e. fixing
> forwarded email text)

You can use search and replace or column select and delete.

> 5.    Ability to edit multiple files side-by-side

Yes.

> 6.    Ability to compare files and synchronize multiple similar files
> flagging differences

No, I think either ultraedit or editpad can do this.

> 7.    Robust search and replace capabilities (ideally supporting
> regular expressions)

Yes, EditPlus has regexp.

> 8.    Line numbering
yes
> 9.    Column numbering
yes
> 10.   Auto-completion (based on customizable template)of common
> programming statements
yes
> 11.   Ability to preview HTML pages (including Java applets) easily

EditPlus does this very well!
HTMl files can be previewed just like IE would display it, which means
applets would be shown.

> 12.   HTML toolbar (I know I should know all the tags but I just cannot
> remember them all)
yes.
> 13.   Can be used as a replacement for Notepad (so it must be
> relatively quick and have a small footprint)
yes, it replaced mine.
> 14.   Highlights URL and e-mail addresses and launches browser or email
> client in a separate window when clicked
yes
> 15.   Ability to change case for entire selected text
yes.  editplus can either change selected text to all upper, all lower, or
capitalized (i.e. first letter in each word is upper case)
> 16.   Auto indent based on user-defined templates for each programming
> language
yes, editplus does this.
> 17.   Auto alignment (I.e. if I want a set of lines with the "=" sign
> or decimal point or comma aligned on multiple rows)

AFAIK, no, you'll have to manually do that with editplus.

> 18.   Undo capability

as I said before, you can unndo as much as you've modified.

> Nice to haves:

> 1. Syntax highlighting for Perl, C/C++, and SQL.  Also, extensibility
> for other programming languages based on easily customized syntax
> files.

yup.

> 2. Ability to use FTP

fully integrated ftp support :)

> 3. Spell checker

yup.

> 4. Ability to compile from within the editor

yup.  You'll need to configure a user tools to tell the editor where the
compiler is located.  once you do that, it's just a keyboard shortcut or a
menu item away.

> 5. Keystroke save/execute (i.e. macro capability)

editplus precisely can do this.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Phases
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:01:51 -0400

"Todd

> "David Jordan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9afpu5$sok$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> >    First you learn Windows, then you discover things, then
> > you learn GNU/Linux, then discover things, then you back
> > to Windows to work quicker, but with a GNU/Linux
> > firewall between you and the net.
>
> No need for Linux here... I just installed a 'switch' to share my cable
> modem across my 4 win2000 machines... it has a built in firewall.
>
> Nobody can get at me now!  Mwahahaha

If you believe that, you are truly an idiot.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Things Linux can't do!
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:02:36 -0400

Donn Miller wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>
> > Neither X nor Netscape is capable of crashing a system, or even
> > effecting other processes.
>
> Of course X is capable of crashing a system, because it runs as root,
> and accesses ports as root.

Only if you're stupid enough to login as root.

>                               The probability is very small, however,
> because neither Linux nor X use the video HW in ring level 0.  (Or do
> they?)

> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: New virus attacks Linux and MS OS
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:03:57 -0400

"Todd

> "Peter Köhlmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Josie wrote:
> > > Hey, I read over the weekend about a new virus that can get at MS AND
> > > Linux. It doesn't sound like it is too potent, but I thought it was
> > > pretty interesting.
> > >

> http://linux.ittoolbox.com/browse.asp?c=LINUXNews&r=%2Fnews%2Fdispnews%2Easp
> %3Fi%3D36841
> > >
> > > Has anybody else heard anything about it?
> > >
> > Yep, it´s more of an design study.
> > In addition, it won´t be able to do much of harm to a properly
> > administered linux system
>
> The same goes if a Windows 2000 is 'properly administered'.
>
> The problem is that, most users DO NOT set up user accounts, policies, and
> security on their home machines.
>
> Most Linux users that I know boot into root and stay there.  The easiest of

You must hang with some pretty stupid people.

by the way, how do you become non-root in the typical Winblows desktop machine

> all attack is to somehow get the user to launch an executable (maybe it was
> titled Quake 3 preview or something).
>
> Then, silently, install you virus without letting the user know.
>
> The fact is, most virus writers target windows... and it costs the economy
> money.  It also has the effect of making Windows OSes better over time...
>
> -Todd
>

> > Peter
> >
> > --
> > Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.