From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:35:17 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > >Do I need to drag the old Europe argument out into the open as a
> > >demonstration of a region that is liberal and tolerant, yet has not got
> > >the issues the US are trying to address, such as teenage pregnancy as
> > >example.
> > >
> > >It has been 14 years since sexual orientation was put into the
> > >anti-descrimination laws in New Zealand, and the whole of New Zealand
> > >hasn't split in half, so please, where is the problem?
> > >
> > >Instead of some of these "high and mighty" moralists should get over
> > >their insecurities. Why should they be concerned something that has
> > >nothing to do with them.
> > >

> > There you go again.  You have stated that it has nothing to do with
> > me.  It has everything to do with me when my constitutional rights
> > to free speech and freedom of religion are being challenged.  The
> > homosexual lobby in the US is not some group that just wants to be
> > left alone as you have falsely claimed.  They have a political
> > agenda that they want to bring to everyone in America.  Including
> > my children and they want to prevent me from saying anything in
> > protest about it.  What part of this do you not understand.
> >
> > >btw, if you are christian, it is also a sin to use a condom /
> > >contraception and to have sex for pleasure, as by the bible, it should
> > >only be used for pro-creation.  So before you stand the moral high
> > >ground, look at what YOU do in YOUR OWN LIFE before throwing mud at a
> > >particular group.
> > >

> > Everyone of the statements you made in the previous paragraph is false.
> > Having to lie in order to make your argument is a sign that your argument
> > is extremely weak.
> >
> > I never stated what my religion is, precisely because I knew people would
> > use it to change the argument and make ridiculous claims as you have
> > done.  You have no idea if I am christian, jewish, islam, mormon, etc. etc.
>
> How come there is this problem in the US, yet in NZ, we don't have the
> same problems. Yes, in New Zealand there is the "Rainbow Organisation"
> (setup my youth) which visits schools, and talks about who you can talk
> to if you are curious about your sexual orientation, these include
> counselors, teachers, parents, Youth Organisations.

The power of suggestion creates "questions" where none previously existed.

"Bi-curious" means "I hadn't ever even IMAGINED a homosexual act until
some school official mentioned that some people are into this sort of
behavior"

> Matthew Gardiner
> --
> Disclaimer:
>
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: bank switches from using NT 4
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:35:12 +0200

Jon Johansan wrote:

> SO I guess by your logic all big iron boxes like those from IBM and Sun
> are crap and should be immedateily replaced by 1000s of cheap 386
> rejects running linux/beowulf?

Jon, just show some intelligence, just a little, about that of an amoeba
for example. Did you ever just *see* a really big iron?
Did you know that you can switch off these systems partially and repair
them if defective? Years ago I did just that, repair really big machines.
They were *never* down unplanned.

Peter

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:31:41 +0200

mlw wrote:

> Todd wrote:
>>
>> "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>
>> The article claims a few other companies have already gone to W2DC and
>> have good success... did you read the article?
>>
> I read the article, and am taken with how stupid it sounds. I have seen
> a couple stories like it followed by the inevitable article a year or
> two later about how they have to upgrade, yet again, to get the benefits
> they thought they were getting with the previous version. In a year or
> two they will either upgrade again or go back to UNIX. Just wait and
> see.

There were several instances in germany in the last years, where exactly
that happened. In one case MS tried to replace a working OS/2 network
with a NT4 one. After more than 10M $ spent they simply gave up and got
back to OS/2. If someone like Chad, our local SSH-guru, or Jon, our
Wintroll of the month, say something like this, one can be sure of only
one thing: They lied, pure and simply. Chad even lies when he claims that
2 + 2 equals 4. In his case it must be at least 5.

Peter

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:36:37 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> JS PL wrote:
> >
> > "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >
> > > JS PL virtually setting the US as the defacto standard of what other
> > > government departments are running as an OS.  I personally couldn't care
> > > less what happens in the US. SO much money is wasted yetit is never seen
> > > as a big issue, hence, whether the DOJ uses Windows or not issue another
> > > non-issue.  If the DOJ use Linux they would been seen as biased towards
> > > Linux and alternative OS's, and if they ran Windows, there would be a
> > > big "Microosft" conspiracy, hence, the DOJ are damed if they do and
> > > damed if they don't.
> >
> > The DOJ or any government agent would never load Linux on a PC. That would
> > ruin their false stance that  MS is a monopoly. Even though they could run
> > it, they won't. What Microsoft should do is offer to buy the new and more
> > sane panel of judges both knind of OS's on a dual boot machine and see which
> > one (as consumers) they choose to boot into most often. Load both OS's up
> > with the exact same applications, Office for windows, Star Office for Linux
> > as well as a host of other apps which mirror each other in functionality on
> > each OS. I gurantee the Judges will conclude that Windows is in use by 98%
> > solely because of quality. And after six months of using their choice I'm
> > sure they will have chosen to boot into Windows ohh....Id say....98% of the
> > time!
> >
> > Microsoft posseses an "advantage" not a "monopoly".
> They are a monopoly, go back to College and repeat economics again.

You're making the mistake of assuming the JS PL ever attended college
in the first place.

> Matthew Gardiner
>
> --
> Disclaimer:
>
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Aaron Kuklis Arrested!
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:37:23 +1200

> Well, last time I checked, NZ wasn't exactly the center of the computing
> universe.  :)
>
> In Silicon Valley, where most tech. companies are located, there are a lot
> of jobs requiring MSCE (or at least state that it is a bonus).
>
> -Todd
Why are there a higher percentage of MSCE student failures in the US?
Also, have you considered that the NZ doesn't have tax breaks on
research or subsidies or other government tentacles in business.

Have you tried Jade? an oo programming language.  IBM supports it.
Sausage Software, started by Mr Outram, although the Aussies tried to
claim him as their own, he is actually a New Zealander. There are plenty
of New Zealand sucess stories, however, like the Japanese, New
Zealanders don't like to toot their own trumpet.

Matthew Gardiner

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What's the point
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:37:35 -0400

WJP wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:34:59 -0600, Dave Martel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:43:49 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
> >wrote:
> >
> >>My point was that such things need to be thought of up front.  We have
> >>way too many people running around implementing "cool ideas" without
> >>thinking them through for five minutes.  Particularly with regard to
> >>security and reliability issues.  The current market seems to reward
> >>this sort of behavior, but it'll cost us in the long run.
> >
> >Security's my big gripe. Most of the distro's give you a choice of
> >either an internet-less install or a server install with the works.
> >What Joe Consumer needs is a home-user install that provides the
> >basics - web browser, email, ftp client, and news client - and a
> >tightly pre-configured firewall to go with them.
>
> Very good point, Bob.  It is for this very reason that I do not use SuSE
> 7.0 on the internet as yet.  Frankly, I'm paranoid about even having my
> cable modem "alive" when booting into Linux.  I have a router and
> hub/filter for my local network, however, I'm not about to take any
> chances until I know that I've provided a modicum - and better yet,
> maximum amount of security for Linux use on the internet.

Get a cheap 386 or 486 boat anchor, install slackware, and set it up
as a firewall.

> Regards,
> Bill Powell
> USAF/USA Retired Management Systems Analyst, et al

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:39:11 -0400

jet wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > jet wrote:
> > >
> > > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> ignorant

> believe
> > > is

> say

> you've
> > > done
> > > document
> of

> leave

> > > I'll take that to mean "no".

> > > No amount of "privileges" could make up for a restriction like that!
> > >
> > > I know you wish American women had those kinds of restricions. Too bad,
> > > bitter boy.

> > > Really? Cool! Where is this "United States". I'd like to move there.

> > > Bitter boy myth.

> > > How was being denied access to education that lead to higher paying jobs
> and
> > > being paid less for the same work "level"?
> > >
> > > to anti-male in
> > > >

> > > Translation: Aaron hates feminism because it gave women the power to
> turn
> > > down his advances.
> >

> > So, you're saying that without hysterical Feminism, such a right
> > would not exist...
>
> Bait and switch.

Yes, that *IS* what you were trying to pull.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why do Win advocates suck?  Part 1
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:40:55 -0400

pookoopookoo wrote:

> > Unfortunately for you, you haven't even figured out where the
> > big leagues are.
>
> Unfortunately it appears that neither have you, mister
> "oh-yeah-I-use-linux-but-I-don't-really"
>
> Here's proof:
>
> <irrelevant crap snipped>
>
> WTF IZZAT??!?!
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Camoflauge, dickweed.

Do you know how EASY it is to change the header strings in most
newsreaders....considering that the source for nearly every
Unix/Linux version is publicly available for FREE?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:44:32 -0400

Stephen Morgan wrote:

> In soc.men, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> > Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > > You've found very little in the way of flaws in my source.
> >
> > I don't need to "find" the flaws...they are self-evident from my own
> > PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF LIVING IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR A YEAR
> >
> > >                                                            All you've done
> > > is dispute the assertions I've made about clothing. Note that the document
> > > I cited acknowledges that westerners are not as restricted in terms of
> > > clothing.
> > >
> > > But many of the points still stand. Are women allowed to drive, or leave
> > > the house without a male relative ?
> >

> > What about it?
> >
> > They get many privileges, and many restrictions
> >
> > In contrast, in the United States, we have stripped all of men's
> > privileges, and all of womens' restrictions, giving us a society
> > where men have all the responsibilities and restrictions, and women
> > have all of the privileges.
> >
> > In other words...FEUDALISM.
>
> You obviously have very little idea of how the feudal system worked.

You obviously missed the point, entirely.

> --
> Working Class
>    The proletariat so beloved of Marx and Engels are still alive and well and
>    living in vast areas of terraced housing in the major industrial cities. Alf
>    Garnett was their hero and he was adopted by US TV and renamed Archie Bunker.
>    They dislike foreigners, toffs and anything new. They watch the telly, go
>    down the pub, watch the match on Saturday and go to spain to get drunk. They
>    fight our wars and fight at football matches. Not a pretty sight.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.