From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:13:40 +1000

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >=20
> > On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:03:12 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>=
 wrote:

> > >In some parts of the world, such work is FAR more useful to the child
> > >than any high-end education (when living in a 3rd-world shithole,
> > >lessons on astrophysics are....a luxery.  Food on the table is a
> > >necessity.  Hope that helps).
> >=20
> > There's a wide spectrum between no education and astrophysics.
> > And if you work 12 hours a day at a back-breaking job when you are
> > a kid, you don't get any education.
>=20
> What good is an education if you have starved to death?

Obviously an education did not help you.

------------------------------

From: Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Buy Microsoft stock!!!
Date: 23 Apr 2001 10:17:44 -0600

"Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As usual, you people would rather call "Conspiracy" rather than logically
> look at the issue.
>
> That Windows PC probably comes with:
>
> 1)  A winmodem that is most likely not supported under Linux
> 2)  A cutting edge video card that isn't supported yet by the shipping Red
> Hat version Dell is using
> 3)  A motherboard that may not be supported fully by the version of Red Hat
> Dell is using
>
> Which means, they need to use different hardware, and most likely more
> expensive hardware.
>
> Also consider these things:
>
> 1)   Dell has a support contract with Red Hat.  We don't know how much they
> pay for this, and it may well be that this costs them more than it costs to
> liscense Windows.
> 2)  Linux has lower volumes than Windows, and thus they don't get as much
> benefit from high volume cost reductions.
> 3)  Dell probably figures they can charge a premium "because they can".
>
> None of these things have anything to do with Microsoft.

It's very convenient how having a monopoly can excuse all sorts of
things, isn't it?

  o Off-the-shelf software not working?

  o Off-the-shelf hardware not working?

  o More expensive computers?

  o Unusable documents?

It's not poor *Microsoft's* fault that they are so successful... it's
just the unavoidable barrier to entry that they (haven't?) erected.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: 23 Apr 2001 11:07:14 -0500

On 23 Apr 2001 15:59:29 GMT, Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Chad Everett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>>So, Roberto, have you stopped raping your daughter?
>>
>>His daughter was raped be a raping intruder in his home, but of
>>course since his daughter's life  was not in danger and he believes
>>all killing is wrong (unless YOUR life is threatened), he gave the
>>raper some cookies and milk when he was done and sent him on his way.
>
>Well, shooting at someone that's raping a woman is somewhat dangerous
>for the woman, is it not? I would rather hit him in the kidneys with
>a blunt object.
>
>Killing a rapist in the act of commiting a rape is not self defense.
>It can be a justified murder, though. But self defense? Nah.

Ah, so we have just added another reason where killing is justified
in Roberto's book.

Justified killing:

        1. self defense
        2. killing a rapist in the act of raping
        3. .... will there be more?...
        .
        .
        .
        5. Killing as an act of war?

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:32:08 +1000

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> >=20
> > Roberto Alsina wrote:

> > > The black-and-whiteness of your mind is amazing.
> > > There is a solution to this: feed the kid at (public) school.
> > > Of course you would believe that kid is stealing your money.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Roberto Alsina
> >=20
> > Nope, by Aarons logic, some how the staving child is funded by gold fro=
> > Moscow as to suck in people into this "communist plot" to take over the
> > world whilst using the power of the Democrats, Unions, and other
> > assorted people intertwined into this communist take over of the world.
> >=20
> > Matthew Gardiner
>=20
> taking random, unrelated snippets out of context is not victory.

Traanslated this means:Aaron's  realizes his own ignorance,  and he=20
tries to sneak out of the back door.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: What's the point
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:33:32 GMT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 04:19:14 GMT, Kelsey Bjarnason
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Bob Hauck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > John and Jane public don't ever set up Windows.  It comes with their
> > computer.  It is in fact no easier to set up,
>
> boot CDs into my IDE DVD drive, boot the machine, and up comes the RH
> install - which promptly says there are no RH CDs available to install from.

It is always possible to find a configuration that fails for any OS and
it is equally always possible to make a better installer.

My point was that that Windows comes with most PC's, while Linux is
usually installed by the end-user.  Most end-users don't have to
install Windows at all, and if they do it is from a "recovery" disk
that is pre-configured for their machine.  If Linux was widely sold the
same way then you won't be here talking about how hard it is to
install.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Codem Systems, Inc.

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:36:51 +1000

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >=20
> > Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >Nope, by Aarons logic, some how the staving child is funded by gold fr=
om
> > >Moscow as to suck in people into this "communist plot" to take over th=
> > >world whilst using the power of the Democrats, Unions, and other
> > >assorted people intertwined into this communist take over of the world=
.
> >=20
> > Here's my guess: Moscow paid unions to make workers vote parties who
> > don't see feeding the poor kid as a waste of money (communists!).
> >=20
> > So, when the government steals Aaron's money to feed the kid (communist=
s!)
> > the kid is being told that good daddy government (communist!) is feedin=
> > him, thus he is being indoctrined (little communist!).
>=20
> What part of "taking money from MY kids to feed YOUR kids is THEFT"
> And Theft is slavery.

You don't have any kids.

>=20
> You *DO* know the proper punishment for those who enslave others, don't y=
ou?

They are forced to listen to tapes of you all night,until they plead for=20
mercy. >=20
> >=20
> > Not to mention that since I said he was being fed at school, the teache=
rs
> > (communists! all of'em!) must SOMEHOW be doing something eeeeevil.
>=20
> Are the teachers unions pushing marxist agendas?
> a) no
> B) YES

Well,maybe yes,I do remember my teachers showing Marx brothers movies=20
several times in class.
I think Harpo was everyone's favorite.

From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:43:38 +1000

> > > Here's my guess: Moscow paid unions to make workers vote parties who
> > > don't see feeding the poor kid as a waste of money (communists!).
> > >
> > > So, when the government steals Aaron's money to feed the kid (communists!)
> > > the kid is being told that good daddy government (communist!) is feeding
> > > him, thus he is being indoctrined (little communist!).
> > >
> > > Not to mention that since I said he was being fed at school, the teachers
> > > (communists! all of'em!) must SOMEHOW be doing something eeeeevil.
> > >
> > > So, feeding the kid and giving him an education is a communist plot
> > > to produce a viscious circle of communist indoctrination.
> > >
> > > Therefore, the kid should work 12 hours a day selling candy in the street
> > > for the greater good of the world and the american way.
> > >
> > > Close, Aaron?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Roberto Alsina
> >
> > Thats so true, its scary. Oh, btw, does Aaron know the cold war is over?
>
> You are an idiot if you think Marxism is dead.

A Marx Brothers  renaissance?
WOW!

> > it ended 10 years ago with the fall of the Berlin wall, and the only
>

> Really?  Travel in Russia.  The people there will tell you that
> the Communists are still firmly in power.  I did some exercises
> last year with troops from Uzbekistan.  They report the same thing.

Those Uzbek women are hot!

> > hard line communist state left is North Korea. Aarons scared of CUBA!
>
> Did the allies successfully invade mainland Europe from Britain?
> a) no
> B) yes.

The Battle of Britain made everyone too tired;had to have a spot of tea
first.

> > geeze, talk about the Elephant being scared of the mouse!
>
> All rodents should be considered to be infected with rabies until
> proven otherwise.
>
> Matthew, have you been in the US any time recently?  The culture
> is awash in marxist ideology....primarily due to schools which
> have been subverted into becoming marxist indoctrination camps.

Wow!Think of all the royalties someone in the family gets.

> > Matthew Gardiner
> > --
> > Disclaimer:
> >
> > I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
> >
> > If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
> >
> > Running SuSE Linux 7.1
> >
> > The best of German engineering, now in software form
>

> --
> Aaron R. Kulkis
> Unix Systems Engineer
> DNRC Minister of all I survey
> ICQ # 3056642
>
> L: This seems to have reduced my spam. Maybe if everyone does it we
>    can defeat the email search bots.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> K: Truth in advertising:
>       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
>       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
>       Special Interest Sierra Club,
>       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
>       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
>       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
>       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
>

> J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
>    The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
>    also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
>
> I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
>    challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
>    between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
>    Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
>
> H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
>     premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
>     you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
>     you are lazy, stupid people"
>
> G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
>

> F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
>    adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
> E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
>    her behavior improves.
>
> D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
>    ...despite (C) above.
>
> C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
>
> B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
>    method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
>    direction that she doesn't like.
>
> A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:48:25 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Jan Vorbrueggen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>"Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> > True.  Atlas (late 1950s) introduced a number of now-common techniques,
>> > including virtual memory, pipelining and interrupts.
>> Konrad Zuse invented pipelining in the 1940's. I believe he used it in a
>> working machine as well.
>
>If you read Feynman's sort-of-autobiography "Surely you are joking, Mr
>Feynman", you can see that the way his computers (human beings using electro-
>mechanical calculators) handled the programs used to build the bomb was by
>deep pipelining. He had to explain the concept of latency of a pipeline and
>parallel execution to his peers - "no, just because we can do three jobs at
>the same time doesn't mean a single job only takes one month instead of three."
>They even pipelined the error correction programs - they executed faster than
>the mainline code and caught up with it before the error spread too far.

        I occasionally have cause to explain this to People In Suits,
usually with regard to network protocols. What I use is:

        "It takes 30 minutes to drive to the airport, and 30 minutes
to get back. Nontheless, more than one person per hour can go to the
airport."

        At this point a tiny lighbulb goes on about 2 feet over the
collar of the suit.

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:53:14 +1000

On 23 Apr 2001, Chad Everett wrote:

> >> Here's my guess: Moscow paid unions to make workers vote parties who
> >> don't see feeding the poor kid as a waste of money (communists!).
> >>
> >> So, when the government steals Aaron's money to feed the kid (communists!)
> >> the kid is being told that good daddy government (communist!) is feeding
> >> him, thus he is being indoctrined (little communist!).
> >>
> >> Not to mention that since I said he was being fed at school, the teachers
> >> (communists! all of'em!) must SOMEHOW be doing something eeeeevil.
> >>
> >> So, feeding the kid and giving him an education is a communist plot
> >> to produce a viscious circle of communist indoctrination.
> >>
> >> Therefore, the kid should work 12 hours a day selling candy in the street
> >> for the greater good of the world and the american way.
> >>
> >> Close, Aaron?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Roberto Alsina
> >
> >Thats so true, its scary. Oh, btw, does Aaron know the cold war is over?
> >it ended 10 years ago with the fall of the Berlin wall, and the only
> >hard line communist state left is North Korea. Aarons scared of CUBA!
> >geeze, talk about the Elephant being scared of the mouse!
> >
> >Matthew Gardiner
> >--
>
> You forgot China and Cuba

China is America's economic allie and soon to be military allie
Cuba is insignificant.

From: "Jon Johansan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: bank switches from using NT 4
Date: 23 Apr 2001 11:55:02 -0500

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

#1) it's NOT every time you upgrade your hardware
#2) it's incredibly easy and fast
#3) if it reduces piracy so that prices for software fall - I'm all for it -
I want cheap software too.