From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: 22 May 2001 20:00:12 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:
>>
>> Aw, suck my dick, you little right wing turd. I'll insult little
>> phoney fuckheads like you all I want. I've earned my rights to
>> criticize little bastards like you.

> I hope you get your wish for nationwide gun ban.  Then me and all my
> rightwing gunnut friends can legally invade your home and totally
> trash it out looking for yours.

>> Oh, you're a SOLDIER! So fucking what? Plenty of us have been soldiers,
>> and I doubt that many have been as much of a sad sack as you. Soldiers
>> are like any other population - there are some great ones, and there are
>> some losers - like YOU.

> I was decorated 9 times in my first 3 years of service.
> what does that tell you

That you're either A. lying or B. aaron kulkis isnt your real name.  If
you had been decorated, it would have been a matter of public record (as
all military decorations are).  Somehow though, not one person named
aaron kulkis was decorated for *anything* during the year preceeding
desert shield, desert shield itself, desert storm, and the year immediately
following.

So which is it aaron?  Which one is a lie?

=====.

--
"George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"

---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 22 May 2001 20:02:05 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >I was decorated 9 times in my first 3 years of service.
>> >what does that tell you
>>
>> You own some little ribbons you like to flaunt when you're among
>> other slaves of the system? I find that ritualistic behaviour
>> akin to baboon's exposure of erect penises as sign of authority.
>>

> Commendation for work well done.

> Work which I *CHOSE* to get into.

See my other post.  Aaron Kulkis recieved exactly zero commendations
in any branch of the US military.  He is a raging liar.

=====.

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:03:33 +0100

> If you weren't aware
> that different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation travel or
> propagate at different velocities or speeds,

NOT in free space.

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)

/d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s{15
}d f/t{240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage}d pop t

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ouch!
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:04:15 -0400

kosh wrote:

> Paul E. Larson wrote:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>When it gets exploited, the FBI will come to you.
> >>
> >>You've just admitted that you know of criminal activities, and have
> >>not reported it.  thus, you are aiding and abetting a criminal.
> >>Since most "freak hacking" is FELONIOUS, you are aiding and abetting
> >>felonies....and liable to be charged as such yourself.
> >>
> >>Now....either YOU turn over the bug within 24 hours, or *I* call the FBI.
> >>

> >>Is any of this getting through to you?
> >>
> > You have never been all that bright and you keep proving it!
> >

> Umm actually Aaron is correct in this case. Knowing about someone intending
> to break the law but not reporting it is prosecuteable.

It's been 12 hours, and see you haven't complied.

tick tock tick tock.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:04:29 -0400

kosh wrote:

> Paul E. Larson wrote:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>When it gets exploited, the FBI will come to you.
> >>
> >>You've just admitted that you know of criminal activities, and have
> >>not reported it.  thus, you are aiding and abetting a criminal.
> >>Since most "freak hacking" is FELONIOUS, you are aiding and abetting
> >>felonies....and liable to be charged as such yourself.
> >>
> >>Now....either YOU turn over the bug within 24 hours, or *I* call the FBI.
> >>

> >>Is any of this getting through to you?
> >>
> > You have never been all that bright and you keep proving it!
> >

> Umm actually Aaron is correct in this case. Knowing about someone intending
> to break the law but not reporting it is prosecuteable.

It's been 12 hours, and see you haven't complied.

tick tock tick tock.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Intermediate user who left Windows for Linux
Date: 22 May 2001 20:04:55 GMT

On Tue, 22 May 2001 19:36:15 +0200,
 Mart van de Wege <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Terry Porter"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 May 2001 02:03:17 GMT,
>>  Techno Barbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> I really wonder how MS new security measures on their software, is
>>> going to effect the average user. For me it was enough to tick me off
>>> and make a switch to another operating system.
>
>> Microsoft have already said that "the small business and home sectors
>> are where the majority of piracy occurs" so I suppose these areas wont
>> be too happy.
>>
> I was wondering out loud with a colleague today about this very point. He
> is a Win98 user, as he doesn't need anything more sophisticated (his
> opinion, and quite respectable). We just don't get it: Microsoft says
> that casual home piracy is costing them lots of money; how can this be if
> almost every PC will have Windows preinstalled in the first place?

I have to admit,I'm not really sure, and I agree with your point.

Perhaps its the copies of MS software that people bring home from work
(so that they can finish their work at home) ?
Naturally MS with its proprietary formats, force this to happen,as the
poor employee, probably can't use anything else.

> How
> can you pirate something when you already *have* a legal copy installed?
MS sell 'single license' software, but most people think they 'own' the
software they paid for with the pre-installed pc.

Imagine the hide of these people, thinking *they* own something they
paid for! ;-)

> The only market segment that would be worrisome are those that build
> their own PC's, and that surely is not a big enough segment to really
> worry MS, is it?
Hahahah, whether or not thats true doesn't stop MS prosecuting these
small backyarders at every oportunity, as they have been doing in my
country (Australia).

> Of course there is the possibility of the small business user having just
> a few seats more than Client Access Licenses, but honestly, compared to
> corporations with hundreds, maybe thousands of seats, that is an
> insignificant share of the market as well.
I think MS are desperate for every $$

> So where is all that piracy
> (hate that word) occuring, that it is cutting into Microsofts bottom line
> so hard?
I hate that term too, it seems that the difference between 'law abiding'
and 'piracy' is only a single copy of MS software.

> Of course, Microsoft have only themselves to blame. Their bundling
> tactics have fostered in the customer a perception that Windows is a
> commodity, something that is bundled with your machine for free,
Excellent point imho.

> thus
> undercutting Microsofts moral stance on copyright infringement.
I think MS are 'moral free' and have been since its inception.

> I mean,
> what's so bad about installing Windows on 2 machines, it's free, right?
Exactly so, in the minds of many purchasers of 'pre installed' pc's.

> Not that that attitude is correct, but it is wholly understandable. They
> can go for either bundling or activation, but not both at the same time,
I wouldn't bet on it.

> that's asking for a major PR debacle.
When people are locked in, does MS care ?

> What *are* they trying to achieve?
As much profit as possible ?

> Can't they just see that this will
> blow up in their faces?
I don't think so, I think MS have grown so BIG, they feel they own
the software industry.

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I have a soft spot now and then :)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:05:57 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001 00:29:37 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Cool people use Unix/Linux.
> >Geeks use Windows.
>
> Cool people choose their applications and then their OS.

Really cool people make their choice on inherent capabilities.
This is where Linux wins, and Mafiasoft is...confused.

> >Come back in a year, and guy will be much cooler.
>
> Errr,,,,
>
> Not exactly.
>
> flatfish++++
> "Why do they call it a flatfish?"

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Robert W Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,soc.men,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: evolutionary (oh boy) psychology: the short form
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:06:29 -0500

Danielle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<>I didn't know that either.

Neither did I-that makes us, BTW, "homophobes".

Robert W Lawrence
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1Peter 5:7

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:11:21 +0100

>> > If your assertion is correct, then the majority of 6502 instructions
>> > would take 3 cycles: fetch instruction, fetch data, execute. This
>> > sounds corect to me and of course would demolish Erik's point even
>> > more.
>>
>> Indeed. The implied addressing ones take two cycles. These include
>>
>> TAX, TXA, T??..., NOP, INX, INY, etc
>>
>> Others take more, for instance
>>
>> LDA #XX
>>
>> Takes 3 since it has 2 memory fetches (I'm pretty sure it takes 3) Zero
>> page ones take more and general memory address ones take more still.
>>

> Zero page and Immediate both took 2 cycles and Absolute took 3 cycles,
> p416 C= programmer ref guide.  Zero page was always fast than Absolute
> addressing.   The only reason I knew were the guide was,  I just got
> done cleaning up all the old Commodore equipment,  I have to sort the
> stuff.

I can't remember the name, but LDA #xx (load accumulator with the literal
xx) should be faster than LDA xx (where xx is a location in zero page)
since the first has to fetch the instruction and the literal. The next
must fetch the instruction, the literal address and the contents of the
address.

The slowest one like this is LDA xxxx because it has to fetch 2 literal
address bytes.

-Ed

From: Michael Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: W2K/IIS proves itself over Linux/Tux
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:11:49 GMT

Jan Johanson wrote:

> bah! I really REALLY hate those types of liberals - make me puke blood - but
> I can smile knowing that they are now reaping what they've sown.

I agree with that.. except that those of us here that have wanted plants built
(especially nuclear) are suffering along with the idiots that want plenty of
power, but no plants.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Senior Engineer-Qualcomm-http://www.miguelito.org
Q: Where would Microsoft take you today?  A: Confutatis maledictis,

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Date: 22 May 2001 20:13:54 GMT

On Tue, 22 May 2001 17:10:46 GMT,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001 02:03:17 GMT, Techno Barbie
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>I decided to switch to Linux after trying to reinstall MS Word on a new PC
>>I had just purchased. Of course, when I installed Word I had to call MS due
>>to they sent me a nice e-mail informing me that copying Word on more than
>>one PC was illegal. I then called there support desk to get Word unlocked.
>>The sales person then probed me why I was trying to install in on another
>>computer, and asked if I knew it was illegal to copy the product on more
>>than one computer. She then started to ask me a few settings on my PC, and
>>after I had enough, I told her to forget it I was not going to use it
>>anymore.
>
> When I first installed Win2k Professional (not server)
Thats right Microsoft, if you're reading Flatties post, its
***NOT SERVER***, so please don't check upon his CAL's please,
because its ***NOT SERVER*** ;-)

> on my home
> system I installed the same copy on 2 different machines just like
> every  other home user does.
Hahahaha, of course they do, and while it suited MS to have this happen
at the time (greater market share), its a different ball game now.

> About 3 weeks or so later I received a
> flyer from MS addressing piracy and what it can cost if you get caught
> and offering some seminar or program (I forget the particulars)
The Betty Ford piracy clinic ?

> that I
> can attend/buy so I could effectively learn how to audit my companies
> systems to prevent a visit from the software piracy police.
>
> Coincidence?
>
> I don't think so.
Quick, check the Black Hellicopters outside ;-)

(hahahah I have been waiting years to use this 'Uberism' on a
Wintroll)

> I only run Win2k on one machine and Win98SE on the other one and Win95
> on my laptop, all licensed, so it's a moot point but I found it
> interesting.
What happened to the 2nd Win2k install ?

>>I really wonder how MS new security measures on their software, is going to
>>effect the average user. For me it was enough to tick me off and make a
>>switch to another operating system.
>
> If you use DAW software (Cubase, Sonar, Sound Forge etc) it's going to
> become very annoying and it just might start the rebellion going.

The rebellion has been going quite well, since RMS started it years ago
Flattie, but latecomers are welcome.

>>Well off to learn something called the command line :-)
>
> You can do 99.99 percent of everything you'll need to do in Linux from
> the gui.

And you can do 100% of the things you have *always wanted* to do,
from the CLI as well.

>>Techno (as in the music) Barbie
>

> flatfish++++
> "Why do they call it a flatfish?"
Because it lives on a flat earth ?

--
Kind Regards
Terry

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Date: 22 May 2001 20:19:30 GMT

On Tue, 22 May 2001 18:29:42 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 22 May 2001 17:40:17 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote:
>

>>You're an idiot.  They send that to everyone with a registered license.
>
> 1. The copy hadn't even been registered.
Gosh, wont you miss out on 'all the benefits of registering', ? ;-)

> 2. All forms of electronic updating, version checking etc were turned
> off before even going on the net.
This pirate knows his Windows!

> 3. I purposly mis-spell my name differently on different product
Hahaha, I bet you just couldn't remember which name you were using
that day ?

> registrations and keep track of it, so I can see where spam/snail mail
> is originating from.
Ahh grasshopper, very wise!

> The flyer came with the mis-spelling I chose for Win2k which is
> different by a letter or 2 from everything else I have ever registered
> with them.
Eww norti spying MS!

> 3. I have been a registered Windows user since V1.0 circa 1983 and
> have NEVER received a flyer from MS like that.
>
> Nope.
>
>  They are up to no good.
Better get a copy of 'Running Linux' and 'Programming Linux for DAW'
then Flattie?

>>Having never once owned a license for W2K, I never recieved such a flyer.
>>
>>No matter how many machines I ran it on in my house.
>

> Neither had I up until now.

Hahahahah, now we know the **REAl** reason <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>
why Flattie posts using fake addresses! ;-)