Linux-Advocacy Digest #158, Volume #35           Tue, 12 Jun 01 12:13:05 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Argh - Ballmer (The Ghost In The Machine)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux        starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) ("Edward Rosten")
  Re: Linux dead on the desktop. ("Chad Myers")
  Re: What language are use to program Linux stuff? ("Donal K. Fellows")
  Re: What language are use to program Linux stuff? ("Donal K. Fellows")
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) ("Chad Myers")
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux    starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (Nick Condon)
  Re: Mail Order Brides? Check this place out! (flatfish+++)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux    starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Redhat video problems. (flatfish+++)
  Re: Redhat video problems. (flatfish+++)
  Re: Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows (The Ghost In
The Machine)
  Re: Will MS get away with this one? (Rex Ballard)
  Re: What language are use to program Linux stuff? ("Donal K. Fellows")
  Re: Opera (flatfish+++)
  Re: Windows advocate of the year. (flatfish+++)
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! ("Mart van de Wege")
  Re: So what software is the NYSE running ? (Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?=)
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! ("Chad Myers")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Subject: Re: Argh - Ballmer
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:37:22 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Paolo Ciambotti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:21:09 -0700
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "The Ghost
>In The Machine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I would submit that software developed with tax dollars should be
>> copyrighted, much like any other software.  Granted, one might require
>> that the copyright comes with a rider clause requiring that everyone can
>> use this software and have free access to the source code thereof; this
>> is somewhat like GNU in that respect.
>
>Unfortunately, the federal government can't copyright anything.  And that
>would include GPL'ing it.
>
>"17 USC §105, Subject matter of copyright: United States Government works:
>Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the
>United States Government, but the United States Government is not
>precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by
>assignment, bequest, or otherwise."
>
>A lot of the federally funded stuff gets released into the public domain
>without any protection whatsoever.   It doesn't get copyrighted by
>somebody else, due to the provable lack of originality, but the material
>can be cited in a patent application without fear of infringement.

Ah, now that I didn't know.  Not that it surprises me too much.
But one would think that a nominal copyright might help in certain cases.

Shrug.

>And we should all know by now how wonderful software patents are.

Yeah, like the one patenting the cursor exclusive-OR.  That one's
too brain-twisting for me.... :-)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random patent here
                    Linux.  The choice of a GNU generation.

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux
starts    getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:37:24 +0100

>> > Unlike your country, we Americans do not feel the need to have our
>> > government take the majority of our income and then dole it back out
>> > to us as seen fit.
>>
>> maximum of 40% is not a majority.
>
> Ahhh... that's 40% of your paycheck only.  Now factor in sales tax and
> specifically the outrageous petro tax and it becomes a majority of your
> paycheck going to the government.

There is nothing outrageous about the petrol tax. We use far too much
petrol in this country. As for your low petrol tax, where has it got you,
oh yeah, the worlds biggest polluter. Great.

>> > Most all medical programs in Eurpoe are a complete disaster.   The
>> > NHS in the UK should be disbanded immediately.
>>
>> Well, I'm glad you don't live here, because I do not want to see the
>> NHS disappearing any time. I think it is a quite amazing service and
>> something we should be proud of.
>>

> You may like the NHS but the potential pool of doctors in the UK is
> drying up fast due to poor pay, outdated equipment, and poor service. I
> know for a fact that the NHS just recently was denying patients any
> dental work which involved braces.  Cancer treatment through the NHS is
> a foolish gamble at best and most UK citizens opt to pay for the
> treatment in another country because of the limited choices of treatment
> provided by the NHS.
>
> The NHS provides the same level of medical service that a welfare
> recepient  in the US recieves.
>

>> > Nowhere in the world does an individual have a greater chance of
>> > success building a small business than in the USA.  No other nation
>> > on Earth puts more money into research and development than the USA.
>>
>> Do you have any evidence to back this up, or are you just spouting?
>
> Errrr.. yeah... I have a lot of evidence of this - I offer as evidence
> the United States of America (more venture capital, more R&D dollars,
> and the least amount of red tape and government intrusion for starting a
> business than anywhere in the world).  in other words, the USA *is* the
> evidence!

You have provided no evidence apart from your rants.

>> > Without the USA, mother Russia would have gobbled up most all of
>> > Europe long ago.
>>
>> Without mother Russia, the Nazia would have gobbled up the "land of the
>> free" long ago.
>
> I must have missed that novel piece of history.

Think about it. If the communists didn't
sacrifice 20 million people against the Nazis and stop them dead on the
eastern front, the Nazis would have overrun Europe with out much problem.
You guys would have been next in the firing line. And there is a
reasonable chance that the US would have been defeated by the Nazis, but
we will never know that. Just thionk, you might owe all of your lives tio
the commies.

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)               (u98ejr)(@)(ecs.ox)(.ac.uk)

/d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5 -1
r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 15
d f pop 240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r show}for showpage

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:40:35 -0500

"JS \ PL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:42:17 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
> >  ("Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
> >
> > >"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> standard

> chance

> These specs don't mesh with what was available in the 200mhz era. Every ad I
> find in January 1997's Computer shopper has a mhz range of 133-200mhz and a
> hd offering of 2.x GB for low end pc's and 3.x GB for high end.

32MB of RAM was fairly standard then, wasn't it? I remember I had a 200mhz
with 128MB and that was pretty high end (about how 256MB of RAM is seen
today, since most comps ship with 64 or 128MB these days).

16MB seems a little low, even for then.

-c

------------------------------

From: "Donal K. Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What language are use to program Linux stuff?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:32:53 +0100

mlw wrote:
> char *function(char *str)
> {
>         int len = strlen(str)*2+1;
>         char p[len];

Question: Is that array zeroed out?  If so, why?  It's a time cost that
you could do without.  If not, you've got a buffer overrun.  HTH!

>         char *pT = p;
>         while(*str)
>         {
>                 switch(*str)
>                 {
>                         case '@':
>                         case '\'':
>                                 *pT++='@';
>                                 *pT++=*str++;
>                                 break;
>                         default:
>                                 *pT++=*str++;
>                                 break;

Question: Why not combine those two cases?  I'd certainly not expect it
to be *less* efficient...

>                 }
>         }
>         return strdup(p);
> }
> If one can look at the above function, and say WOW! gcc can do that, and know
> exactly what I'm talking about, then they should be able to use "C" without any
> problems.

Question:  Why are you using such enormous indents?  :^)

I'd prefer doing:

  char *function(char *string) {
      char *buffer = malloc(strlen(string)*2+1);
      char *ptr = buffer;
      char current;
      do {
          switch (current = *string) {
          case '@':
          case '\'':
              *ptr++ = '@';
          default:
              *ptr++ = *string++;
          }
      } while (current);
      return realloc(buffer, ptr-buffer);
  }

Of course, what I'd really do in my language-of-choice is:

  string map {@ @@ ' @'} $string

But that's a whole different story...  :^)

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Well, I'm not exactly a high-brow cineaste either.  The number of Iranian

------------------------------

From: "Donal K. Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:37:43 +0100

mlw wrote:
[...]
> C++ programs do not need libstdc++ unless you use funcions in it. Using C++
> over C, even with mainly C like syntax has the advantage of beinh able to
> declare variables anywhere in a function. C sucks at that, variables must be
> defined at the top.

You can define them at the top of any block, and not just function bodies.

[...]
> The GNOME guys rolled their own OO paridigm for GNOME. They create virtual
> tables for each class, they manage inhritence, etc. The C++ compiler handles
> that for you, thus it is difficult to make a mistake. On top of the, the V
> tables are not in the heap as they are GNOME. A stray pointer overwrite can put
> you in the wrong code in a member function call. A C++ program does not have
> this behavior. That is just one reason, there are more.

Stray pointers can hose any language.  You try debugging an app that
blows away its stack or squirts random garbage over static data or the
code segment.  One reason why I try to stay away from C *and* C++; they
both support raw pointers...

Donal.

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:45:29 -0500

"Burkhard Wölfel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Thaddius Maximus wrote:
> >
> > Burkhard Wölfel wrote:

> > > The german system is OK for me after all.
> > >

> > In the USA I can get all new porcelain teeth (20 USD) and
> > a hair transplant (20 USD) through my medical insurance
> > policy.  Can Europe beat that !!!  ;-)
>
> 1. <all new> porcelain teeth ( 1 or 2?)or <all your teeth> in shiny
> porcelaine?
> 2. You said "my medical insurance policy". How much do you pay per year?
> Or does your employer do?

> > > Don't overestimate her for she is drunk and schizo.
> >
> > Very true, and at the same time, very scary...  What will
> > she do next???
>
> We'll see a bit of a bit of it, as always.
> But it's not that they are that hostile, what scares me most is how poor
> they are. And I know zero about their culture, black hole in my brains.
> As if there was just the nukes, rusting...
> Pah.

I've heard the term "Sleeping Bear" to describe Russia on several occasions.
I think it's quite fitting. From what I've heard and seen, it seems
her people are hard working and not very excitable. Given the current
conditions over there, they're still not rising up demanding a revolution
or some type of change. During the Cold War, I don't remember Russia
as being very aggressive. They started out quite bold, but as the days
wore on, late in the game, they seemed very timid. They competed heavily
in the space race and in the arms race, but they never threatened us,
they never pulled another Cuban-missle-crisis-type move, even though we
had missles in Europe and Turkey pointed at them.

-c

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Nick Condon)
Crossposted-To:
Date: 12 Jun 2001 15:50:08 GMT

Thaddius Maximus wrote:

>Nick Condon wrote:
>>
>> Thaddius Maximus wrote:

>> >In the USA I can get all new porcelain teeth (20 USD) and
>> >a hair transplant (20 USD) through my medical insurance
>> >policy.  Can Europe beat that !!!  ;-)
>>
>> The life expectancy of a man living in the EU is 74.4 years, and the
>> infant mortality rate is 476 per 100,000.
>>
>> Can the US beat that?
>> (Ans: No, your figures are 67.5 years, and 722 per 100,000)
>

>The US life expectancy for a male at birth is somewhere around
>73-74 years.

That's the life expectancy for a *white* male at birth. So tell us, why so
many babies dying? Your rate is nearly twice ours.

BTW, I'm sorry to hear about your hair and teeth.
--
Nick

------------------------------

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mail Order Brides? Check this place out!
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:48:24 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:20:07 -0600, Dave Martel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 01:50:40 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>Has everything you need to know about "buying" the perfect Russian wife.
>
>>These men are the hardcore losers and if you read some of the messages you'll begin
>to see why.
>
>Hey, let's all chip in and get Aaron one!

According to one of the messages on that sorry site it cost's upward
of $10k to buy one of these fine ladies.

I must be naive but I thought slavery went out around 1865 or so?

Is that site some kind of a joke that I'm missing or are those idiots
for real?

Just curious.

flatfish+++
"Why do they call it a flatfish?"

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:49:14 -0500

"Thaddius Maximus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Nick Condon wrote:
> >
> > Thaddius Maximus wrote:

> > >In the USA I can get all new porcelain teeth (20 USD) and
> > >a hair transplant (20 USD) through my medical insurance
> > >policy.  Can Europe beat that !!!  ;-)
> >
> > The life expectancy of a man living in the EU is 74.4 years, and the infant
> > mortality rate is 476 per 100,000.
> >
> > Can the US beat that?
> > (Ans: No, your figures are 67.5 years, and 722 per 100,000)
>

> The US life expectancy for a male at birth is somewhere around
> 73-74 years.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lifexpec.htm
(as of 1997)

Average: 76.5

Males: 73.6
Females: 79.4

-c

------------------------------

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Redhat video problems.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:50:51 GMT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:18:35 -0700, GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>It's kinda funny that on Fox News channel they are advertising "Windows
>Professor" to learn how to operate windows.

I HATE that commercial!!!

But, that "professor" is making a fortune selling that crap.

He has to be to have that spot run 100 times a day or more.

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:52:15 GMT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:52:07 +1000, "Interconnect"
<mark###@logichip.com.au> wrote:

>To "paraphrase"  I (flatfish) know absolutely nothing about computers.

Hon, chances are pretty decent I was involved with computers while you
were still playing with Barbie dolls.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:53:50 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Chris Ahlstrom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:43:37 GMT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>pip wrote:
>>
>> Vilmos Soti wrote:

>> > IIRC this is a company policy to use Windows. Not his choice.
>>
>> What a load of crap.
>>
>> If the inventor of Unix and C wants a computer with Linux on it : HE
>> GETS IT!
>>
>> If he says "jump", they write a paper on how high the jump should be.
>>
>> He is a pragmatic guy, they are the type that do great things as he has
>> done.
>
>Maybe he's now in his dotage.

More likely it's a combination of factors.  The Windows system is
adequate for desktop use, and is rich in functionality -- when it
isn't crashing.  By contrast, Linux is excellent for server use,
and is also rich in functionality -- but the two aren't compatible,
which cases some problems in a mixed shop.  (However, things like
Samba help.)

How much does desktop reliability factor into theoretical language
research and/or compiler design?  Not a heck of a lot, I'd say.
Although it doesn't help when the computer BSODs right when you're
about to put the finishing touches of a project.  But many Windows
tools have autosave -- a bodge to get around a problem -- and
therefore this isn't quite as damaging as it could be.

Then again -- there are those with horror stories of losing half
a day's work, and I for one have been lucky.  So who am I to say?

[.paysigsnip]

                    A man and his roomie walked into a bar...."Ouch", they said.

------------------------------

From: Rex Ballard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Will MS get away with this one?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:54:35 GMT

==============489B7115308C3B2C04EDDC3F

Actually,

The ILoveYou Virus caused over $2.8 Billion in damages to nearly 50
million
users (roughly $500/user on average).  The total average damages
resulting
from Microsoft sponsored security holes now exceeds $2000/user/year
(so much
for TCO).

Microsoft has created a legal loophole which allows it to evade direct
liability.

They have a "service pack" which blocks all VBS, EXE, and disables all
ActiveX
controls.  It also shuts off all trusted java applets and overrides
the
file access classes in the JVM.  It quite effectively "locks down" the
machine.

Unfortunately, it also renders all of the Microsoft features
completely useless.
It effectively turns IE into Mosaic, turns Outlook into PINE, and
turns Exchange into a sendmail server.

Of course, if you've already paid thousands in royalties for
Enterprise Edition,
you have to use all those MS features right?  Otherwise you have all
those
Linux and UNIX advocates just laughing behind your back.  Of course,
either way, you have the CEO and CFO giving you the hairy eyeball
every time you tell them
"Microsoft has the Solution".

Blessing Microsoft has become a CEO move.  That's "Career Ending
Opportunity".

--
Rex Ballard
It Architect

begin:vcard
n:Ballard;Rex
tel;cell:973-723-4008
tel;work:973-723-4008
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:IBM Global Services;EAI National Practice
adr:;;491 Valley Rd;Gillette;NJ;07933-2111;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Cons IT Architect
fn:Rex Ballard
end:vcard

From: "Donal K. Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:48:05 +0100

mlw wrote:
> Why would one use Java? Why perl?

Because one needs something that is security-sensitive.  Doing that in C
or C++ is very deeply non-trivial.  The speed of your MD5 implementation
doesn't mean anything when it comes to the matter of system security in
the presence of untrusted code...

Donal.

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Opera
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:00:20 GMT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:20:11 +0100, "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> I've seen Netscape take linux down Ed but it wasn;t a kernel panic. I
>> just got into a state where everything locked up and I couldnt get into
>> any of my virtual consoles.
>
>I've never seen that happen , but I'm willing to believe it.

Older versions of Netscape used to have some kind of memory leak
problem that would on occasion take over the entire system and that
was usually the end of the rope.
Fix was to limit memory allowed to Netscape.

Also, I haven't had that problem at all with newer versions of
Netscape.

What I don't like about Netscape is that if it goes out to load say a
slow loading page, or maybe a page that isn't there, many times it
locks up until it times out and hitting the stop button has no effect.

Also scrolling down a page while it is loading sometimes works and
other times doesn't.

As far as stability is concerned though it seems pretty good lately.

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows advocate of the year.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:02:27 GMT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:22:33 GMT, Rex Ballard
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Dialogues with Drestin are always stimulating.  He challenges the
>Linux community,
>and the Linux community rises to the challenge.
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And then it's over in a minute and a half.

From: "Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:04:18 +0200
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy

In article <3b2612aa$0$94313$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Chad Myers"

> It's not quite the same. You don't have rabid moronic Windows guerillas
> who set up web sites to flame Linux....<rest snipped for comic effect>

Oh no?

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/news/msnw/LinuxMyths.asp

:)

Mart

--
Gimme back my steel, gimme back my nerve
Gimme back my youth for the dead man's curve

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: So what software is the NYSE running ?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:40:08 +0200

Chad Myers wrote:

> Win2K, OTOH, seems to be well structured in the kernel, as well as
> the rest of the OS. You could debate the Win32 API (which is seperate,
> BTW), but the kernel is rock solid. Top-notch SMP, proven VMM and
> process seperation, multi-user, certified DAC security infrastructure,
> etc. It's quite well designed, you must not know what you're talking
> about, or you're thinking of Win9x.

All above is about as true as your rantings about SSH, that is, just an
outright lie. You won´t ever learn that you can´t convert anyone that way,
Chaddy-boy, do you?

Peter

--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons,
For thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup!

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:09:04 -0500

"Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In article <3b2612aa$0$94313$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Chad Myers"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > It's not quite the same. You don't have rabid moronic Windows guerillas
> > who set up web sites to flame Linux....<rest snipped for comic effect>
>
> Oh no?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/news/msnw/LinuxMyths.asp

Exactly what I'm talking about. Penguinistas are so far removed
with the truth, that when smacked by it, they think it's flaming.

-c

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:09:42 -0500

"Nick Condon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Thaddius Maximus wrote:
>
> >Nick Condon wrote:

> >> The life expectancy of a man living in the EU is 74.4 years, and the
> >> infant mortality rate is 476 per 100,000.
> >>
> >> Can the US beat that?
> >> (Ans: No, your figures are 67.5 years, and 722 per 100,000)
> >

> >The US life expectancy for a male at birth is somewhere around
> >73-74 years.
>
> That's the life expectancy for a *white* male at birth. So tell us, why so
> many babies dying? Your rate is nearly twice ours.

Because we have so many people killing them in the womb?

-c