On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:13:09 +0000 Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote

>    I'd suggest reporting (on this mailing list) the panic message(s)
> you got, and how you got to them. I know there's been quite a few
> additional patches worked on since Chris pushed out the stack for
> -rc1, so it's quite plausible that your particular problem has already
> been fixed in someone's tree.

Hmmm.  I just pulled Chris's tree, and it seems to have done the trick.  It's
mounting, now.  I'm being leery of outright deleting, because grub-mkconfig
seems confused about being mounted off a different subvolume:
grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev/mounted?).

(Needless to say, /dev/ *is* mounted.  Likely, I've somehow confused it with
fstab or something.)

But I'm able to look at directories, cat/cp files, etc., so I now at least
*could* blow things away.  Which is handy.

Thanks!

-Ken