On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 04:47:17PM -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:13:09 +0000 Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote
>
> >    I'd suggest reporting (on this mailing list) the panic message(s)
> > you got, and how you got to them. I know there's been quite a few
> > additional patches worked on since Chris pushed out the stack for
> > -rc1, so it's quite plausible that your particular problem has already
> > been fixed in someone's tree.
>
> Hmmm.  I just pulled Chris's tree, and it seems to have done the trick.  It's
> mounting, now.  I'm being leery of outright deleting, because grub-mkconfig
> seems confused about being mounted off a different subvolume:
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev/mounted?).
>
> (Needless to say, /dev/ *is* mounted.  Likely, I've somehow confused it with
> fstab or something.)

   I think grub has some problems with some of the btrfs features. I
don't know if we've got a decent list of issues written down yet.

> But I'm able to look at directories, cat/cp files, etc., so I now at least
> *could* blow things away.  Which is handy.

   Glad the upgrade's helped. Just make sure you've got off-machine
backups, and the will to use them, and you'll be fine. :)

   Hugo.

             --- I always felt that as a C programmer, I ---
                         was becoming typecast.