On 02/12/2012 11:32 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
Actually I had one more question.

I read this page:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2011-July/msg00042.html

I'm not super clear if with 3.2.5 kernel, I need to pass the special
allow_discards option for brtfs and dm-crypt to be safe together, or whether
they now talk through an API and everything "just works" :)

If you want discards to be supported in dmcrypt, you have to enable it manually.

The most comfortable way is just use recent cryptsetup and add
--allow-discards option to luksOpen command.

It will be never enabled by default in dmcrypt for security reasons
http://asalor.blogspot.com/2011/08/trim-dm-crypt-problems.html

Milan