On 12-02-25 09:37 PM, Fahrzin Hemmati wrote:

> Nope, still in heavy development, though you should upgrade to 3.2.

I recall being told I should upgrade to 2.6.36 (or was it .37 or .38) at
one time.  Seems like one should always upgrade.  :-/

> Also, the devs mentioned in several places it's not friendly to small
> drives, and I'm pretty sure 5GB is considered tiny.

But it won't ever get taken serious if it can't be used on "regular"
filesystems.  I shouldn't have to allocate an 80G filesystem for 3G of
data just so that the filesystem isn't "tiny".

> I don't think you need to separate /usr out to it's own disk. You could
> instead create a single drive with multiple subvolumes for /, /var,
> /usr, etc.

The point is to separate filesystems which can easily fill with
application data growth from filesystems that can have more fatal
effects by being filled.

That said, I don't think having /var as a subvolume in the same pool as
/ and /usr achieves that usage isolation, does it?  Isn't /var still
allowed to consume all of the space that it, / and /usr share with them
all being subvolumes in the same pool?

> When you have Ubuntu use btrfs for /, it creates @ and @home
> for / and /home, respectively,

Yes, I had noticed that.  I also didn't immediately see anything that
prevents /home from filling / as I describe above.

Cheers,
b.