On Jan 30, 2014, at 11:44 AM, Johan Kröckel <johan.kroec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2014-01-30 Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com>:
>> Is this encrypted Btrfs volume used for rootfs? Or is it only for data?  If
>> it's only for data, then make sure the volume (all subvolumes) are umounted,
>> then mount with this:
>>
>> -o degraded,recovery,skip_balance
>>
>> Do you still get too many missing devices message?
>
> root@fortknox:/# mount  -odegraded,recovery,skip_balance
> /dev/mapper/bunkerA /mnt
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/bunkerA,
>       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>       dmesg | tail  or so
>
> root@fortknox:/# dmesg|tail
> [781630.598155] btrfs: bdev (null) errs: wr 1375454, rd 186442, flush
> 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

That's a lot of read and write errors. I wonder what that's all about. Is btrfs
tracking the resulting read/write failures due to the missing device?

So at this point it's worth a btrfs check /dev/mapper/bunkerA. This is read
only, does not make repairs. And also I'm curious what you get for
btrfs-show-super -a /dev/mapper/bunkerA. The volume shouldn't be mounted for
the first one, and can be either mounted or not for the 2nd.

Chris Murphy