On Oct 26, 2014, at 7:40 PM, Qu Wenruo <quwen...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although I'm not completely sure, but it seems that, you really ran out of
> space.
>
> [1] Your array won't hold raid1 for 1.97T data
> Your array used up 1.97T raid0 data, it takes 1.97T for raid0.
> But if converted to 1.97T, it will occupy 1.97T X2 = 3.94T.
> Your array are only 2.73T, it is too small to contain the data.

I'm not understanding. The btrfs fi show, shows 4x 2.73TiB devices, so that
seems like it's a 10+TiB array.

There's 2.04TiB raid0 data chunks, so roughly 500GiB per device, yet 1.94TiB is
reported used per device by fi show. Confusing.

Also it's still very confusing: Data, RAID1: total=2.85TiB, used=790.46GiB
whether this means 2.85TiB out of 10TiB is allocated, or if it's twice that due
to raid1. I can't ever remember this presentation detail, so again the secret
decode ring where the UI doesn't expressly tell us what's going on is going to
continue to be a source of confusion for users.

Chris Murphy--