On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org> wrote:

>> So the Ubuntu Wiki BtrFS entry advises against using subvol
>> set-default because it boots its kernel using root=subvol=@ and home
>> as subvol=@home, and these two subvols are only present under the
>> subvol with ID 5. But isn't it just possible to move i.e. reparent a
>> subvol so I can move these two under another subvol and have that as
>> default?
>
> Make a new subvolume called /root and just mount subvol=root

Sorry if my question wasn't clear: I wanted to know how to move a
subvol to appear under another subvol other than its original parent.
Turns out that sudo mv @ @home target/ is quite sufficient. If so why
would the Ubuntu wiki require that set-default not be used? Just @
@home need to be moved to the new place, no?

> Note that you can't mount subvols recursively in one mount AFAIK.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have a few subvols in my external HDD
which is entirely formatted as BtrFS and if I just mount the external
HDD /dev/sdc1 I am able to access all the subvols' contents as well.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा