On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM, David Sterba <dste...@suse.cz> wrote:

> A subvolume is also a snapshotting barrier, so it's convenient to create
> subvolumes in well-known paths that contain data that should not be
> rolled back (/var/log, /srv, bootloader).

Hi David -- a real honour to meet one of the core Btrfs/SuSE (heh,
when that was the spelling!) guys!

That makes sense. Is there anywhere that the "official" SuSE
recommended subvol layout is mentioned that I can refer to without
having to start up an installer? (I currently chose ext4 for / for
other reasons so I can't refer to my layout.)

I am now reading a SuSECon 2013 presentation by Nyers and Schnell but
they are very generic about the recommendations.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा