John Ettedgui wrote on 2015/07/29 18:55 +0000:
Hello,
I have the same issue and would like to add myself to this thread.
My btrfs partition is about 10tb on top of lvm2 and has been taking about a
minute to mount in the past few months.

Qu Wenruo <quwenruo <at>cn.fujitsu.com <http://cn.fujitsu.com>> writes:

Quite common, especial when it grows large.
But it would be much better to use ftrace to show which btrfs operation
takes the most time.

I have got a trace file running this command:
trace-cmd record -e btrfs mount <PARTITION>

Since it is fairly big for an email I have gzipped it.

Thanks!
John

Hi John,
Thanks for the trace output.

But it seems that, your root partition is also btrfs, causing a lot of btrfs trace from your systemd journal.

Would you mind re-collecting the ftrace without such logging system caused btrfs trace?

BTW, although I'm not quite familiar with ftrace, would you please consider collect ftrace with function_graph tracer?
That would help a lot to find which takes the most time.
But it may trace too much things and maybe hard to read.

Thanks,
Qu