On 2015-09-16 19:31, Hugo Mills wrote:
On 2015-09-16 12:45, Martin Tippmann wrote:
[...]
[...]
 From reading the list I understand that btrfs is still very much work
in progress and performance is not a top priority at this stage but I
don't see why it shouldn't perform at least equally good as ZFS/F2FS
on the same workloads. Is looking at performance problems on the
development roadmap?
Performance is on the roadmap, but the roadmap is notoriously
short-sighted when it comes to time-frame for completion of
something. You have to understand also that the focus in BTRFS has
also been more on data safety than performance, because that's the
intended niche, and the area most people look to ZFS for.

    Wait... there's a roadmap? ;)

Yeah, maybe it's better to say that there's a directed graph of feature interdependence. I was just basing my statement on the presence of a list of project ideas on the wiki. :)