(your email keeps ending up in gmail spam folder)

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:24 AM, sri <toyours_srid...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I tried btrfs-image and created image file and ran btrfs-image -r to a
> different disk. Once recovered and mounted, I can able to see data is
> not zeroed out as mentioned in btrfs-image man page.

"different disk"  you mention, that is important info. If you doe the
restore to a image file, that image file is sparse and all data blocks
are read as zeros.

However, if you restore to a block device, then you can assume it just
writes the device blocks for metadata and leaves the rest untouched.
So trim whole device first or brute-force overwrite completely with
zeros.

So maybe the man pages needs some correction / extra notes.