On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 12:36:52PM +0200, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> On giovedì 5 maggio 2016 03:07:37 CEST, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > I suggest using defaults for starters. The only thing in that list
> > that needs be there is either subvolid or subvold, not both. Add in
> > the non-default options once you've proven the defaults are working,
> > and add them one at a time.
>
> Yes I read your previous suggestion and I already dropped subvolid, but
> since the problem already happened I left it in the mail for completeness.
> Anyway the culprit here is genfstab and that's probably what a beginner is
> going to use when installing a distro:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/beginners'_guide#fstab

The redundant subvolid doesn't hurt, the kernel will just check that it
matches the passed subvol (see [1]). genfstab probably just pulls the
options out of /proc/mounts or /proc/self/mountinfo, and since we show
both, that's how it gets in fstab. If it was actually a problem, there
would be a clear message in dmesg.

1:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=bb289b7be62db84b9630ce00367444c810cada2c

--