Chris Murphy posted on Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:02:17 -0600 as excerpted:

> Short version: When systemd-logind login.conf KillUserProcesses=yes, and
> the user does "sudo btrfs scrub start" in e.g. GNOME Terminal, and then
> logs out of the shell, the user space operation is killed, and btrfs
> scrub status reports that the scrub was aborted. [1]

What does btrfs scrub resume do?  Resume, or error?

If it resumes, I'd say RESOLVED/NOTABUG as both that systemd option and
btrfs scrub appear to be working as intended.  If it doesn't, then
there's definitely a btrfs bug, even if you argue it's only in the
documentation, because the manpage (tho still 4.6.1, here) says it
resumes an interrupted scrub but won't start a new one if the scrub
finished successfully, and an abort is definitely an interruption, not a
successful finish.