On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn
<ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016-08-01 13:15, Chris Murphy wrote:

>> I've been using balance with &, and when I logout, the btrfs command
>> continues to flip between status D and R, just like before logout and
>> it appears to complete. I still get status messages of the balance
>> after logout, in kernel messages.
>>
> Interesting, maybe balance is explicitly white-listed?  Either that, or it
> just ignores whatever signal systemd uses to kill stuff in this context (I
> initially thought SIGTERM, but SIGHUP would make more sense in this
> context), which wouldn't surprise me either.

I'm not aware of any program specific white listing method with
KillUserProcesses=yes. However, there is KillExcludeUsers which by
default is KillExcludeUsers=root. Everything I run as sudo appears in
top and ps as use root. So are these processes exempt? And if so, why
is btrfs scrub becoming a zombie process? I don't know if it's
appropriate, but I asked about it (no response yet), whether all
things sudo should just be moved out of the user session. In my own
head I don't associate sudo commands with my user or my user session,
and at least top and ps agree with the former, so why not have sudo'd
processes put in a different scope from the outset?

--
Chris Murphy