On 2016-07-30 20:29, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:
Short version: When systemd-logind login.conf KillUserProcesses=yes,
and the user does "sudo btrfs scrub start" in e.g. GNOME Terminal, and

Same thing with Xfce, so it's not DE specific. (Unsuprising.)

I inflated the size of the test volume, and it seems pretty clear that
the scrub is not completing, as the kernel threads stop sooner when
logging out vs not logging out. So the status reporting an
interruption appears to be valid for the net operation, not merely the
user space tool being interrupted.
You have your terminals set to start the shell as a login shell I'm guessing. That's probably why closing the terminal window is triggering systemd's process killing. It will of course still trigger when you close the graphical session though. Personally, this is yet another reason for me to not like systemd. This setting breaks traditional UNIX userspace semantics.

Personally, I'm with Duncan on this one though, if resume works correctly, then it's not a bug, just a bad interaction between an administrative tool designed for a server and an init system designed for a desktop.