Have a look at this..

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg54779.html

----------
RAID5&6 devs_min values are in the context of degraded volume.
RAID1&10.. devs_min values are in the context of healthy volume.

RAID56 is correct. We already have devs_max to know the number
of devices in a healthy volumes. RAID1's devs_min is wrong so
it ended up being same as devs_max.

Any comments?
Also you may use the btrfs-raid-cal simulator tool to verify.
https://github.com/asj/btrfs-raid-cal/blob/master/state-table

Thanks, Anand