On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 06:53:21PM +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
Just wondered... is there any larger known RAID56 deployment? I mean
something with real-world production systems and ideally many different
IO scenarios, failures, pulling disks randomly and perhaps even so
many disks that it's also likely to hit something like silent data
corruption (on the disk level)?

Has CM already migrated all of Facebook's storage to btrfs RAID56?! ;-)
Well at least facebook.com seems till online ;-P *kidding*

I mean the good thing in having such a massive production-like
environment - especially when it's not just one homogeneous usage
pattern - is that it would help to build up quite some trust into the
code (once the already known bugs are fixed).

We've been focusing on the single-drive use cases internally. This year that's changing as we ramp up more users in different places. Performance/stability work and raid5/6 are the top of my list right now.

-chris