El martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017 21:33:31 (CEST) Andrei Borzenkov escribió:
> 19.09.2017 14:49, Senén Vidal Blanco пишет:
> > Perfect!! Just what I was looking for.
> > Sorry for the delay, because before doing so, I preferred to test to see
> > if it actually worked.
> >
> > I have a doubt. The system works perfectly, but at the time of deleting
> > the
> > writing disk and merging the data on the read-only disk I fail to
> > understand the process.
> >
> > I have tried to remove the seed bit on disk A and delete the write B as
> > you
> > mention, and so move the data to A, but tells me that disk B does not
> > exist. These are the orders I have made:
> >
> > md127-> A
> > md126-> B
> >
> > btrfstune -S 0 /dev /md127
> > mount /dev/md127 /mnt (I mount this disk since the md126 gives error)
> > btrfs device delete /dev/md126 /mnt
> > ERROR: error removing device '/dev/md126': No such file or directory
> >
> > Another thing I've tried is to remove disk B without removing the seed
> > bit,
> > but it gives me the error:
> >
> > ERROR: error removing device '/dev/md126': unable to remove the only
> > writeable device.
> >
> > Any ideas about it?
>
> Yes, sorry about it. Clearing seed flag on device invalidates
> filesystem. What you can do, is to rotate devices. I.e. remove
> /dev/md126, set seed flag on md127 and add md126 back.
>
> I actually tested it and it works for me.

OK thanks

Now I see how it works :))

With the commands:
mount /dev/md126 /mnt
btrfs device remove /dev/md127 /mnt
We remove the read-only array (A) from the BTRFS system and in doing so pass
all the information from (A) to (B) read-write to mix them.

From what I see is not bad since both (A) and (B) are still operational. (A)
with last year and (B) with everything current.

Finally with this other commands:
btrfstune -S 1 /dev/md126
mount /dev/md126 /mnt
btrfs device add -f /dev/md127 /mnt
we activate the seed bit in md126 (B) and add the (A) in read-write mode,
where the new files will be archived and (B) as store until the following year
and (A) do clean to fill in it new data.

I have tried to rotate twice to see if it goes well and smoothly.

Just comment that I see two small problems to this:

1. The transfer of data from (A) to (B) when removing the read-only disk takes
quite a while and more the more it has stored in the history. It would be nice
if the process were reversed, since in (B) there are fewer "data" stored.
Also, I could not use it monthly or daily for this reason.

2. My idea was to have a larger A-disk than B where I would save the
historical ones, because so in B I could put a smaller disk and something
faster. If the decoupling process outside read-write rather than read-only and
passed the data to A would be ideal for this case.

On the other hand, as an anecdote only, and perhaps for lack of experience or
knowledge, I have used the entire linux system in BTRFS (@ and @home) format
and a single partition md126 to have the system bootable and running simply by
attaching the disk to the computer in degraded mode (swap outside the raid ,
which I'm not so bad: P). This has made that by rotating disks A and B I have
had some problems with grub and fstab at boot, which I had to overcome by
making changes to the boot configurations and some more botches.

I'm going to see a couple more things and if there's any way I can combine
this with snapshots and see if the bulb will light up. If I do not get it I
will try with the other filesystems that you have suggested to me. Although
honestly, I like BTRFS more than the other alternatives, I already use BTRFS
on 5 computers and it goes very well.

Greetings.

--
        Senén Vidal Blanco - SGISoft S.L.