On 09/25/2017 06:11 PM, linux-bt...@oh3mqu.pp.hyper.fi wrote as excerpted:
> After a long googling (about more complex situations) I suddenly
> noticed "device sdb" WTF???  Filesystem is mounted from /dev/md3 (sdb
> is part of that mdraid) so btrfs should not even know anything about
> that /dev/sdb.

I would be interested in explanations regarding this too. It happened
to me as well, that I was confused by /dev/sd* device paths being
printed by btrfs in the logs, even though it runs on /dev/md-*
(/dev/mapper/*) devices exclusively.

> PS. I have noticed another bug too, but I haven't tested it with
> lastest kernels after I noticed that it happens only with
> compression=lzo.  So maybe it is already fixed.  With gzip or none
> compression probem does not happens.  I have email server with about
> 0.5 TB volume. It is using Maildir so it contains huge amount of
> files.  Sometimes some files goes unreadable.  After server reset
> problematic file could be readable again (but not always)...
>
> But weird thing is that unreadable file always seems to be
> dovecot.index.log.

Confirm this (non-reproducible) behavior on a VPS running Debian
4.5.4-1~bpo8+1.

Lukas

--
+49 174 940 74 71