On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Alan & Susan Mead wrote:

> Les, I think in a training class one could define the terms but it would be
> convenient if they matched with the official test terms.  Trouble is, AFAIK,
> we have absolutely no official list of terms.
>
> Do we want to make one up quick?  This is, I think, what Microsoft does when
> they create a licensure test.  I would imagine that most terms are clear
> ("nic, network interface card, ethernet card, LAN adapter") but we could
> still pick a preferred term IF we act now, before the items are written.
>
> This list of preferred terms comes in particularly handy when translating a
> test...  I know that's not a current emphasis but hopefully translations
> will come later and it would be nice if we didn't erect obstacles now.

I think such a list could be very useful, although we may decide not to
give it official status.  However, there already are lists of computer
jargon and acronyms on the net.  Anybody wants to get to work on it?
Please go ahead, and let us know here.

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]